Reasons to Love Bill Potts
- Her introduction is her as an ACTUAL CHARACTER rather than her as the wibbly story arc of the season (thank you so much Moffat)
- Gets a ton of funny lines
- Pearl Mackie is one hell of an actor
- Wide-eyed, curious and adorable
- Ditzy but still insanely smart to the point of getting ridiculously high scores on her essays (a fact of which I am insanely jealous)
- Has immense respect for the Doctor without ever defining herself around him like so many other companions in NuWho (and not just Moffat-era either. I’m looking at you Rose)
- On a similar note, is strong and stands up to him without ever seeming condescending or ‘you may be the Doctor but I know you better than you know yourself’ and all the slapping him and
- Basically, just a really, really dang good and healthy relationship with the Doctor
- Has a clear inferiority complex but never takes it out on the people around her
- Her first reaction to seeing depressed Heather is to sit down and ask her what’s wrong, because that’s what she feels is right.
- Basically so incredibly kind and selfless to everybody she’s basically the anti-Rose Tyler
- Oh did I mention that THE FRONT AND CENTRE POSTER GIRL FOR ONE OF THE BIGGEST WESTERN SCI-FI SHOWS EVER MADE (AND A FAMILY SHOW AT THAT) IS UNASHAMEDLY GAY AND A WOMAN OF COLOUR WITHOUT EVER SUCCUMBING TO EITHER OF THE STEREOTYPES ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE
Can we keep Bill Potts forever please?