I found this and thought it would be funny for mckirk: Person A *unbuttoning shirt* : god it’s so hot in here ; Person B : I know that but why are you unbuttoning my shirt ?
- Over the years, Leonard feels comfortable enough around Jim to flirt with him freely. It’s something Jim initiated, but now something Leonard happily reciprocates. It’s just flirting, after all. It’s fun, it’s safe, and it’s just their thing. Nothing actually happens, no matter how ridiculously cheesy their flirting gets.
- “Hey stranger,” Jim says, resting his hand on Leonard’s shoulder as he slips down on the bar stool next to Bones, “what’s a place like you doing in a guy like this?” “That’s not even creative,” Bones replies, and Jim laughs. He refills their drinks, smile easy on his face. Leonard listens to Jim talk about his day, a smile to match Jim’s, until the other stops talking and says; “what?” “Oh, I’m sorry,” Leonard says, “I’m trying to listen, but I’m getting lost in your eyes.” Jim opens his mouth to protest, though he’s pleasantly flustered for a few seconds. “You’re just as bad as I am,” he says eventually, and Leonard laughs, too.
- “If I were a cat I’d spend all my 9 lives with you.” “Please don’t,” Bones says, “because I’m allergic.” They’re sitting in Bones’ quarters. Bones has been reading his PADD quietly, while Jim’s nestled against him doing the same thing, just far less productive. “I’m in the mood for a pizza… a pizza you.” “Shut the fuck up,” Bones laughs, “not only is that terrible, you’re just reminding me of the fact that we don’t have pizzas here.” “York Town next month,” Jim says, “I’ll take you out for real pizza.” “Deal,” Bones says, probably a bit too quickly, “what are you doing on your PADD, anyway?” “I’m reading up cheesy pickup lines.” Bones huffs at that, turning back to his own PADD. “My doctor says I’m lacking Vitamin U,” Jim continues. “I’m your doctor, and the only thing you’re lacking is Vitamin D.” “Oh, you have no idea,” Jim says, turning to Bones with a small smile, just to throw the other off guard a little.
- “Are you thirsty?” “Thirsty for you.”
- “I need directions-” “Ask Sulu or Chekov.” “- Bones, can you not? I need directions to your heart.” “Lame.”
- “There’s only one thing I would change about you, and that’s your last name.” “Really? Because I’d change lots of things about you,” Bones replies to that, “for one, you’re annoyingly stubborn.” “Bones.” “You think before you act, to the point it’s incredibly frustrating.” “Bones, please.” “You have no consideration for the Prime Directive whatsoever-” “Bones, you’re ruining the mood.“ "You purposely avoid my medical appointments. All the god damn time.” “I get it, I get it-” “You’re also so god damn beautiful you give the sun a run for its money.” Jim opens his mouth, though processes Bones’ words, and just gives him a smug smile instead. “Smooth, Bones. I’ll give you that one.”
- He’s been working together with Uhura almost all day, and Leonard is exhausted. Uhura’s trying to translate the speech of the weird alien they picked up while Bones monitors its vitals carefully. “So how are you and Jim, huh?” Uhura asks. “Good?” Bones replies to that, “I mean, I can’t complain.” “No, I bet. Jim’s passionate in everything he does,” Uhura agrees, and Bones smiles lightly at that. “Annoyingly so.” “I’m glad, though,” Uhura says, “I haven’t seen you this happy in, well, ever.” “Thanks?” Bones says, though he’s not quite sure what that’s supposed to mean. They work together for another while, quietly so, though then Bones needs to get something off his chest after all. “Sometimes I feel like we’re an actual couple, you know?” He says, carefully so, and Uhura narrows her eyes. “Wait. What do you mean, you’re not together?”
- They’ve spent the last couple hours in Bones’ quarters, with their usual light banter, strong drinks, and a little flirting. Though something feels different this time. Jim touches him more than usual, or Bones is just more aware of it now. He feels that hand on his shoulder even after it has left. He feels those eyes on him even when Bones is focused on his PADD. He just feels super aware of Jim’s words and his presence, and he’s not sure how to deal with this anymore. “Hey,” Jim says, and he’s suddenly really fucking close, “is it just me, or is it super hot in here?” “No, you’re right,” Bones says, watching Jim’s arm move downwards as he pulls the zipper at the back of his uniform, “but why are you pulling down the zipper of my uniform?” “Because,” Jim says, “it can always be a little hotter.” He laughs at his own joke, and Bones smiles fondly, though then finds himself leaning in closer. Actually kissing Jim is the weirdest sensation, especially because Jim kisses him back so eagerly, his hand still on Bones’ back, though sliding down to pull his shirt over Bones’ head and remove it entirely.
- Leonard finds himself both at peace and somehow twice as conflicted afterwards. He doesn’t want to move, because Jim’s body is warm and comfortable against his own, and he doesn’t want morning to come. At the same time, though, he can’t rest easy knowing their whole friendship can’t be the same again, and that alone is enough to keep him awake. "What’s the matter?” Jim asks so suddenly, it nearly startles Bones. “Nothing.” “Don’t bullshit me, you’ve got your stiff pondering shoulders,” Jim replies to that. “Okay,” Bones says, turning to face Jim properly, “I can’t do casual.” “What?” “Casual sex.” “Okay?” Jim replies, frowning a little, “what makes you think I can?” “I know you can,” Bones says, “I’ve picked you up from numerous locations across campus during the Academy.” “Touche,” Jim says, “I mean, with you. I don’t think I could do casual with you. Plus, Uhura told me about your conversation with her and I figured if I ever needed any confirmation about how desperately in love with me you are, that was it.” Bones laughs at that, a hand running down over Jim’s naked back. “I’m liking you a little less already,” Bones replies, and Jim smiles. “No, you don’t.”
- It’s probably minutes later when both of them are nearly asleep (Jim’s definitely asleep), when Bones’ fingers gently trace down Jim’s spine. “No, I don’t.”