Okay, I went in the James Olsen tag and was genuinely surprised to find people mad at him instead of defending him. Don’t know why I was surprised.
Listen, I love Lena, but I thought she was really unfair in how she treated James. She undermined his leadership, and the fact that Kara got more notification about her presence than he did is ridiculous. He was being perfectly polite when he was asking why he wasn’t included in the meeting, and then she said she thought he was too busy to be her chaperone, which sounds kind of snide to me. It’s not unreasonable for him to want to be included and notified. He’s been in charge of CatCo for a year.
Lena knows how hard it is to be a woman in a position of power needing to demand respect, so you’d think she’d have more empathy when she puts a black man in that same position. James shouldn’t have to ask for her consideration and respect.
civil war where everything is the same except team cap/team iron man are rivaling baseball teams!!! this was so fun to make like you guys don’t even KNOW, this was shamelessly inspired by sports animes
everyone gets along except steve and tony who take their rivalry too seriously
- Thor finds Avengers in Wakanda and asks where the Man of Iron is only to find out Tony is cleaning up the mess the Avengers left with no help at all.
- Tony rebuilding and trying to get his life back under control after being betrayed by virtually every member of Team Cap.
- Team Cap needs Tony’s help and they have to ask for his help.
- Fury telling them to fuck off because Stark is still cleaning up their last mess don’t bring another one.
- Tony telling Steve that if he wants his help he’d better get an apology, and be treated with respect, and not be alone with any member of Team Cap.
- Sam finds out that Tony gave Steve multiple chances to get help and not create the mess that was left.
- Sam finding Rhodes and making sure he’s okay and they bond over military experiences.
- Rhodes telling Sam about how Tony knew where they were and kept Ross away from them, yelling at him about how Tony had to clean up their mess even after watching his parent’s murder walk free.
- Sam being confused and asking what that means so Rhodes tells him about the tape and how Tony watched the Winter Soldier beat his father and strangle his mother. About how Cap KNEW but didn’t tell Tony, even lied to his face. About the 24 hours and how Steve said no because Tony ‘locker Wanda in her room’. About two Super Soldiers ganging up on Tony who shouldn’t have reacted violently but Sam you’re a councilor how would you have reacted to watching your parents murder with the murderer right next to you?
- Sam confront Steve about the tape, the lying, the not telling Sam about the deal that could’ve helped, about how Tony was LEFT IN THE COLD ALONE WITH A DISABLED SUIT STEVE WHAT IN THE HELL YOU DO NOT LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.
- Sam understanding that maybe Tony Stark isn’t what everyone describes.
- Sam apologizing to Tony and telling him he didn’t know any of what he’d learned.
- Tony not feeling guilty because he did the right fucking thing.
- WANDA FINALLY BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ULTRON BECAUSE SHE VIOLATED EVERY MEMBER OF THE TEAM AND HAS NOT DONE SHIT TO REDEEM HERSELF.
- Captain America finally getting his ass chewed for what he did to Tony and how he’s treated him over the years, accusing him of holding back secrets and being a liability when Steve didn’t tell the team the whole story!!!
- SOMEBODY EXPLAINING WHY CLINT CAME OUT OF FUCKING RETIREMENT AND NOT SEEING THE POINT OF THE ACCORDS AS A DAMN ASSASSIN.
- Somebody seeing Tony trying to rewrite the Accords because they were going to happen with or without him but at least he was trying to get to a point to where he could alter them!
- TONY STARK NOT BEING ATTACKED ON ALL SIDES FOR DOING WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT WHILE NO OTHER PERSON INVOLVED IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
James Potter splattering cake all over his parents, and continuing to then face plant in the cake on his first birthday. James Potter giggling uncontrollably when his cousins put him on a toy broom for the first time on his second birthday. James Potter accidentally enchanting his own glasses and watching, fascinated, as they zoom out the window on his fifth birthday. James Potter being all smug on his tenth birthday because he’s reached double digits. James Potter’s three new friends: Sirius, Remus, and Peter, throwing cream pies at his face across the Great Hall at eleven. James Potter hopelessly pining for a certain redhead instead of doing a birthday prank with the Marauders at age fourteen. James Potter getting the best gift possible from his fiery girlfriend at seventeen (Sirius proceeding to tease him endlessly about it the next morning). James Potter walking up to his pregnant wife and kissing her senseless on his nineteenth birthday. James Potter throwing baby Harry up and down as Lily watches, taking photographs at twenty. James Potter standing at the alter as Sirius’s best man, watching as his two best friends promise to love each other forever when he is twenty two. James Potter tearing up when Sirius and Remus announce that they’re adopting a beautiful baby girl on his twenty-fifth birthday. James Potter laughing hysterically when Harry gets him a pranking kit for his thirtieth birthday. James Potter hugging Harry, Ron, and Hermione when they graduate from Hogwarts on his thirty-seventh birthday. James Potter conducting “happy birthday”, as his family sings to him at age forty. James Potter smiling and crying and laughing when he discovers he’ll be a grandfather at forty-five. James Potter having a quiet birthday with Lily, the love of his life, at forty-nine. James Potter nervously asking Lily to go out on a date with him on his fifty-fifth birthday. James Potter surrounded by the people he loves as they wish him a happy fifty-seventh birthday.
James Potter growing up to be an old man. James Potter living.