Of Playgrounds And Turtles - Katakura Kojuro [Modern AU]
He waited to see any reaction from him, any sign that he liked that new gift, that new toy. Was he spoiling him too much? Perhaps. Was he going to stop? Probably not.
A/N: Why do I love embarrassing him so much? I have no idea. But, anyway, I hope you enjoy this little joke. Masterpost can be found here, and some other Modern AUs are this and this, if you are interested.
Tagging:@a-night-on-polaris because you always laugh with Kojuro being a dork. And @kenn-mikorin, hope this makes you laugh a little bit. Enjoy Kojuro being the usual dumbass.
Of Playgrounds And Turtles
It was hard.
So many options, so many tanks, yet he could not choose one. It was a hard decision, indeed, and Kojuro had to choose wisely. The shop assistant looked at him with a somewhat fake smile, probably tired of seeing how long it had taken him to choose one.
“I’ll take this one.”
Kojuro took the box and put it on the counter. The cashier shot a look to the other man, then reached for it. It was the first time they saw someone taking so much time choosing a playground for a turtle. It was actually the first time someone bought those things.
They had gotten to the store a few months ago yet no one seemed interested… And now they had just seen the complete opposite.
“You want a bag for…?”
“Yes, please.” He smiled.
Was he excited? Definitely. He could not wait to get home to try his recent purchase. And he could not wait to see his son having fun with it.
His voice echoed through the empty halls. Reaching for the interruptor he turned on the lights, and complained again about how dark his kitchen was. It was the only part of the apartment where sunlight didn’t reach; maybe he never minded it much because the kitchen was not a place he’d be using ever.
A sigh escaping his lips, he took out the box from the bag and opened it. If he had to be honest, the whole thing looked like one of those pool sets for Barbies he had seen announcements on TV. Did he care? Not really. It was a way to enjoy summer the best he could, instead of just locking Bontenmaru away in his tank.
Before getting ready to put all the pieces together, he went for his son. No fair would it be if he had fun on his own when the gift was for Bontenmaru and not him. If Kita saw him she would tell him again that he needed a girlfriend, get married and have kids on his own. Yes, that was the usual talk they had whenever she visited.
But there was no one, and so, all he could do was dote on his turtle, right?
I really liked Zen’s! It was cute and simple to me and it put a happy, warm feeling in my heart..*He looked so pretty in it, too!* It’s hard for me to choose between his and Jumin’s, though..Jumin’s gives me butterflies too but also it kind of makes me sad because i SEE THOSE GREY HAIRS, JUMIN HAN, I SEE THEM, DON’T YOU GET OLD ON ME, I WILL KEEP YOU YOUNG
35. First impression of each character
Zen: I got immediate fuckboy vibes however he turned into a sweetheart and I told myself he was the one person I wasn’t gonna mess with, nope, not the flirty guy- but boom look what happened
Yoosung: INNOCENT MUSHY BABY, I actually thought I was gonna like him first! I thought yo
Jaehee: Okay hear me out I thought Jaehee was a guy for almost the entire prologue and was trying to figure out whether she had boobs or not (I forget which picture I was looking at BUT IT WASN’T AS OBVIOUS TO ME AT THE TIME I’M SORRY)
Seven: I actually thought Seven was gonna be this suave British guy who calls you “dearest heart” but then I got shot in the face with “O__O” and “HACKER!!” as if he wasn’t a hacker himself
Jumin: Jumin scared me so badly, *only at first* I wanted to cry. “Quit shitting around.” “If you do not reveal yourself, you will pay” *I got Levi Ackerman vibes for two seconds* but before I even played, when I saw him on the menu screen I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BE LIKE 17? I can’t be the only one who thinks menu screen Jumin just looks like a highschool version of current Jumin
*I laughed harder than I should have when everyone went all ADHD like they went from “reveal yourself stranger” to “hey zen how bout that next role huh” *
V:I was frustrated with the lack of messaging from V from the beginning. I really really wanted to know more about him and was kinda hoping he’d come into the room more often. He also immediately struck me as a selfless person..? I love V for the way he speaks. I think it tells so much more about him than what people realize. *i also thought he was extremely cute, like ooh look at this sunglasses cutie*
Saeran: “Mark me down as scared and horny” It also *Spoilers ahead of course* was kind of obvious to me that he was related to Seven in some way? I wasn’t like “oh no they’re definitely related pf” but I did have a hunch that they were connected
Rika: It was clear that everyone really looked up to her and admired her but I was convinced that something was gonna go down and that she wasn’t everything she seemed to be to the RFA? I pulled a Jaehee, I was suspicious from the start, help
Bonus: Y’know how in an early chatroom, Jumin and Jaehee discuss meeting at Jaehee’s house past work hours and you have the option to ask a question that implies they’re having something more than a work relationship, yeah, I legit thought Jumin was going over there to get his dick sucked like “those are some awkward hours to be visiting, is she about to get a wicked promotion”
36. First character you fell for
HYUN RYU and I was so mad about it because I TOLD myself “no, no, we’re not doing this” LIKE I DIDN’T WANNA FALL FOR THE GUY THAT’S FLIRTY, THE GUY THAT YOU’RE EXPECTED TO FALL FOR FIRST BUT GOD DAMNIT HE WAS SO NICE I kind of thought he was gonna be fucking other chicks behind my back like:
New Chatroom: Zen’s lucky day
New Chatroom: one night stands
BUT HE LURED ME IN, HE LURED ME AND HE GOT ME GOD D A M M I T
-when rhys gets injured feyre goes into overprotective mode and growls at everyone even though she knows that Rhys is perfectly okay at taking care of himself
-she then goes into huntress mode and hunts down who hurt him, if it was one of the inner circle she growls fiercely enough that even cass backs off
-Rhys immediately scoops feyre up and Winnows her somewhere where he can take are of her
-if either of them gets severely hurt the other is compeletely ripped apart, having watched the other die before so it’s very hard for them to keep calm
(Doing this when feyre first came to velaris)
-Rhys orders takeout and the sit in the lounge together
-he makes sure she’s eating enough and is blatantly aware of her too thin frame and goes as far as to order several different takeouts for her to choose from
-later in the vending they go up onto the roof to watch the sunset sat in a blanket huddled together
-Rhys gives her his sweater and wraps them in a blanket to combat the cold
-they stay out until it’s late and feyre starts to drift of leant against Rhys on his shoulder
-he scoops her up and goes to carry her to bed as she is half awake and content in his arms, he gives her a kiss on the forehead
-before he goes inside he looks into the distance to see to flying shadows in the sky and smiles to himself
-When Feyre and Rhys fight they are both stubborn and end up seclusion get themselves while they brood
-Feyre is the most stubborn and will not apologise unless she was in the wrong
-However seeing rhys mad breaks her heart and she can’t stay mad at home for longer than an hour
-when they fight properly the inner circle are just like ‘whaaaat??’ Because they live each other so deeply so they know something is up and try their best to solve it
-make up sex is their go to way to recover from a fight
advice on going on holiday without gaining? how could i lose even more weight??
Hey, I went on holiday previously for 2 weeks and I ended up gaining. But once I started doing my weight loss tricks again, I lost it all in 3 days.
My advice would be not to isolate yourself from others. Always try to and choose healthy options with food and exercise (e.g. take the stairs and not the lift). If you can and make sure you’re drinking water at all times! But have fun! It’s a holiday, don’t be too hard on yourself. Stay safe 🌸
I was tagged by the amazing @smileystyles to spell out my url using songs! Thank you so much for tagging me! <3 <3 <3
Tick - Yeah Yeah Yeahs All This and More - Against Me! KARATE - BABYMETAL Exile Vilify - The National Third Season - AFI Human Fly - The Cramps Every Thug Needs A Lady - Alkaline Trio Rose of the Devil’s Garden - Tiger Army O Valencia! - The Decemberists Self Esteem - The Offspring Even Cowgirls Get The Blues - The Gaslight Anthem Spitting Venom - Modest Mouse
Guys I took this way too seriously. I spent what felt like hours, so here you go!
This was so fun to do but I had such a hard time choosing. Honestly I would have chosen Harry or One Direction for everything but I wanted to show my other music tastes too! Though looking at this.. you’d never know I like 1d :P
Soon I’m gonna be changing my Tumblr password to gibberish so that I won’t be able to log back in. This account is connected to an e-mail address that I don’t remember the password for either so I really won’t be able to get back in no matter how hard I try… I’m choosing not to delete bc I’ve had this account for the past 4 years and there are some things that I wish to keep… it’s too much work to go through and archive everything by hand… I will probably do it tomorrow when I’m off because I’m at work right now but anyways 👋👋👋
“My English is not good. Spoken English is very difficult. But I want to study at Columbia so I am trying to improve. I decided to come to America because of Forrest Gump. I’ve watched the movie five times. I like Forrest very much. Forrest is very simple. He picks one thing, and he keeps going. When I was young, I thought Forrest was stupid. But now I have a different view. I think people are too complicated. They complain about everything. Forrest never complains. Forrest chooses one thing and he keeps going. I watched the movie last month to encourage me. My life is hard because people don’t ever know what I’m saying. But I just think of Forrest. Forrest figured everything out because he just kept going.”
To my fake friends, thank you for showing me the value in understanding people for what they are. Thank you for taking all of my good qualities and turning them into something negative to fit your narrative. Whereas a real friend would see my effort not to judge others and allow others second chances as beautiful, you saw me as easy to manipulate and easy to control. Where a real friend saw my habit of ensuring our relationship is okay by asking honestly, “Are we okay?” when I sensed any sort of discomfort as honest and looking for a way to amend things if they were wrong, you saw it as a sign of weakness and instead, never told me until things came to a resentful head. Where the best of my friends would look at my habit of apologising and immediately trying to make amends as the quality of a kind and genuine person, you deliberately saw it as something to exploit by making me feel worse and worse every single day by never telling me what was wrong but bitching behind my back.
Initially you must have surprised me.
Your kindness, or your (false) giving nature, something about you must have truly made me think the world of you. You see, I’m the kind of person who will love you genuinely or not love you at all. I don’t play games of in-betweens and I certainly don’t pretend to be friends with someone if they are not someone I care about. The truth is, without you, I would not know who my real friends are, nor how to value them. I would not have learned that some people thrive on being unkind. I would not know how to handle those who look for reasons to dislike me, rather than the other way around. I never understood insecurity for what it was. Because I am a highly self critical person and tend to focus on what I have done wrong rather than anyone else.
Without you, I could not have learned how to look outside and understand that other people are flawed too.
I would not know how to stop being so hard on myself. I would not grow from being a people pleaser to choosing the people I love carefully and with consideration. You taught me how to appreciate that I am a person worthy of love, and forgiveness and kindness, by treating me the opposite way. You taught me strength by showing me that when I was in my greatest pain, the person I needed to rely on most was myself because you were only going to be unkind and orchestrate more pain in my life.
Thank you for that. Thank you for every lesson you have taught me. Because I could not be prouder of who I am today, and it is you that I have to thank for that
Signs as Overwatch Characters Based Off What I Know of Them
Torbjörn, intimidating but with a squishy side, stubborn as hell and not afraid to throw someone into the ring of fire when angered
McCree or Roadhog, either way they end up on the Chaotic side of the alignment and tend to be either really good at smooth talking or always on Edge™
Tracer, energy everywhere, the one who thinks that ice cream is okay for dinner, no one knows how much they actually sleep or if they do, mentally exhausted but always has their signature smile
Reaper, so edgy and emotional, always trying too hard, it's okay if you don't win ever Uno game, probably needs a hug
Lúcio, it doesn't matter if you've got this or not cause you're going to have fun, probably has a playlist for each mood and or at least a good study/work playlist, that friend that pays for your meals with any IOUs taken
Hanzo or Zarya, get some sleep, could scam you with their knowledge but chooses not to, cherish their smiles, collects small knick-knacks everywhere they go
Mei or Symmetra, they like going to the pool over the ocean or lake, drinks tea over coffee, will Roast You™ regardless of standing friendships
Widowmaker, tries to act detached but always has that one person in the group who reels them in, probably good at making hot chocolate, likes fluffy socks, embarrassed by subtle romantic things
D.Va or Soldier: 76, will fight you anywhere anytime, meet them in the ball pit, highly skilled at one thing and the rest doesn't matter to them, dad jokes
Genji, arrogant arse who thinks they're above everyone, sometimes gives sound advice, is the kid who sat on windowsills and staring out the window in an attempt to be Cool™, closeted weeb
Sombra, will fight for you but ultimately there for their own objectives, they're happiest when they're free, craves sweets everyday, high impulse control
Mercy, tries to be nice but it usually backfires, Absolutely Done with everyone, gives second chances but not thirds, the one who smiles as they kill you
(1) Hi Viria, I hope you are well :) I am sorry to bother you with this, but it's really important for me, and I wanted to share it with you. It'll be long and kinda sad at first, but it gets better, trust me. I'm a 23 y/o latina art student. When I was a baby, my mom left my dad and remarried, and my little sister was born when I was 10. She is the light of my life and I love her to no end. Our mom, however, had had and undiagnosed and untreated mental illness for years, and one day
(2) during a severe crisis she hurt us really bad. I was 12. She was taken away to a psychiatric hospital and Child Services prohibited her from ever getting near us again. Since then, I have been taking care of my little sister and practically raised her while my stepdad worked 2-3 shifts to afford our education and payment for my mom’s hospital, living and meds. He was always working and I took full responsibility for my sis. As you can imagine, even though I loved her with my life,
(3) the situation was very stressful and exhausting for me. By the time I was 15, I looked every bit a teen mom. One particularly hard night when my little sis had been crying about mom, I couldn’t sleep. So I turned to something that calmed me: the Harry Potter books. I read them online, and somehow ended up searching for HP fanart. That was the night I stumbled upon your DA account. And boy, did I love it! I know back in 2011 your skills weren’t what they are now,
(4) but I was blown away, and what’s more, I felt inspired to draw. I had never tried to make any art before; it wasn’t “my thing”. But that night, you inspired me. As time went by I kept drawing and closely followed your improvements. Your art was so relaxing, calming, and inspiring, that it really helped me during hard times. You kinda dragged me into all the cool fandoms, series and animes, and I found life to be far more bearable with so many awesome things to love and think about.
(5) Your DA and Tumblr were some sort of safe sapce for me. It always cheered me up and gave me joy, peace, inspiration. When the time came, I choose to study Art at college. It turned out you did too, and you kept up all the good stuff in your blogs. Weirdly enough, I kept feeling a sense of pride whenever you improved and got better. I was so strange that you were so so far away and didn’t even know I existed but you helped me so much.
(6) I got accepted at my country’s top University to study Fine Arts; I moved cities and took my sister with me; she grew into a wonderful, sensible, peaceful child, and her presence motivated me to be the best version of myself, while your art motivated me to keep expanding my academic/artistic abilities. Life was hard but good at college, and I had incredible opportunities. I am graduating this spring with an advanced studies specialization, and was recently hired to work at
(7) of a movie. It’s like living a dream. And tonight, just a couple hours ago, the most incredible thing happened. After dinner, my little sis came to me, phone in hand, and said “Hey Ana, you won’t believe what I found. There’s this girl who makes amazing art of all the fandoms you’re in. Her drawings are gorgeous and she has so many!”. She showed me your tumblr. I wanted to laugh and cry. She was amazed when she saw your old drawings and your current ones; speechless.
(8) She fell in love, and you know what? Immediatly after, she went to draw. She’s been doing so the past hours. I know this was offensively long, but Viria, I needed to thank you for what you did. Your art has always been SO much more than just digital drawings of fictional characters. It’s been the source of peace, safety and joy that so many of us crave. You have wonderfully impacted and influenced many people across the world with everything you make.
(9) I am so glad you exist and do what you do; you gave me the hobby that grew into my passion, thaught me so much, inspired me beyond belief and most of all, you helped make life more bearable. And now, you have made the same for my sister. Viria, the world wouldn’t be the same without you. You are truly a magnificent light among us, and for your existence and passion I’ll be forever grateful. Thank you, and may you always live the beautiful, happy, awesome life you deserve. Thank you.
I’m not even kidding I was sitting here peacefully chewing sandwich and by the end of these messages the sandwich was too salty so was my cappuccino I swear you got me to tears and now i’m just like
I’m a shaking emotional leaf but thank you so much for writing me! It means so much and i’m so touched and i just wish you and your sister all the best of luck, though it seems like you don’t really need it. Thank you, and I hope life goes wonderfully for you and your family!