Hypnos: the personification and god of sleep, son of Erebus, the primordial god of darkness, and Nyx, the goddess of the night, and twin brother of Thanatos, the personification and god of death; he was married to Pasithea, personification and goddess of relaxation and meditation; they had three children, the Oneiroi: Morpheus, god of dreams, Phobetor, god of nightmares, and Phantasos, god of surreal dreams; he and his brother resided in the Underworld, in a cave by the river Lethe; he was a calm and gentle god, and owned half of all mortal life
I’ve seen a lot of posts about Hannah being a ‘drama queen’ or overreacting to small things everyone did so I thought I’d explain a bit about what I understood.
1. Justin - Justin exaggerated what he and Hannah did. While this seems mild, it set Hannah up for a terrible high school career because she earned the reputation of 'slut’. This happens so often in schools and in the adult world and can RUIN someone’s life in a certain, if not all areas.
2. Alex - Alex put Hannah as having the best ass against Jessica as the worst. It is clear that the internet is doing its thing again and not taking time to understand things properly; this was NOT A COMPLIMENT AND HANNAH HAD EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY. It was a clear violation of friendship and an obvious example of men pitting women against each other for their own benefit.
3. Jessica - I’m going more by the book here, but Jessica was on the tapes because she didn’t believe Hannah and abandoned her when she needed her. A clear example of how people can easily be lead by others and girls turning on each other because of guys. Jessica deserved to be on the tapes because she didn’t hear Hannah’s side of the story and instead took her anger out on her first friend at the school.
4. Tyler - I don’t think I need to explain much about this, but he abused his position as a photographer in school to violate boundaries for his own pleasure similar to how a lot of people in a power exploit those below them. He made Hannah feel vulnerable and took the lack of comfort she felt at school to her own bedroom.
5. Courtney - I suppose this is kind of harder to understand. Courtney was a closeted lesbian and therefore it is understandable that she was upset at the thought of her being outed before she was ready, but Hannah confided in her to help her expose someone else and instead she protected herself by further ruining Hannah. This shows the selfishness of those who feel the need to protect themselves by harming others.
6. Marcus - I haven’t seen much on Marcus honestly, but I dislike him immensely. He took advantage of Hannah because of the impression of her he had put together from rumours created by other reasons (Justin, Courtney) which is an expression of how men feel owed something from women, especially those who are seen as 'slutty’.
7. Zach - At first glance, Zach doesn’t seem too bad. At half a second glimpse, this changes. Hannah rejected him because he said something silly, a mistake, and if he had made an obvious effort to explain and apologise, he could have helped Hannah. Instead, he chooses to punish her by preventing her from receiving happiness from others. This is one of the clearest examples of how men can’t handle a woman’s right to say 'no’ and reject him…
8. Ryan - This tape is similar to that of Tyler in that he made her feel unsafe. What Tyler did was worse than Ryan, however the effect of Ryan’s actions had (in my opinion) worse consequences that Tyler’s. Ryan published her poem because he thought it was something that needed to be shared, a selfish and naive action (when considering the maturity of high school students), which meant that Hannah’s personal thoughts were no longer her own. She was not comfortable at school, home or in her own mind.
9. Clay - Though I agree when Hannah states that he shouldn’t have been on the tapes, Clay does represent 'everyone else’ who stands by and watched people like Hannah slowly fade and retreat into themselves because of the actions of others. The 'bystanders’ if you will, whose lack of part in our stories can be just as important as those who intrude on us.
10. Justin - It is evident in the series that Justin was extremely haunted by the rape at Jessica’s party and this is probably why he is gaining so much sympathy… this is also why I recommend you all READ THE BOOK. Justin stood by and watched his friend rape his girlfriend, why is he receiving more sympathy than I’ve seen for Jessica? Of course it was hard for Justin to witness that, but staying friends with Bryce and staying with Jessica without telling her is reason enough for him to be on the tapes again.
11. Jenny - Jenny was kind to Hannah, offering her a lift home, but she didn’t take responsibility for knocking down the stop sign which lead to someone’s DEATH. The guilt that Hannah was left with from this (because she was in the car) was understandably overwhelming, especially as the victim was a classmate who was blamed for drunk driving. Jenny is an example of how our reckless actions and lack of responsibility for them can destroy other lives; is that not the entire plot?
12. Bryce - Lord help you if you need an explaination.
13. Mr Porter - A perfect example of how there is not enough support out there for students (and people in general, honestly). The counsellor advising Hannah to 'move on’ after she confides in him that she was raped is one of the most haunting moments in the entire series, solidifying her reason for suicide- she had no comfort amongst her classmates, in her own home, in her mind and now, the specialist designated for dealing with situations like this bore no real interest in her problems and told her to 'move on’.
It’s extremely important for us when watching shows with topics like this to remember many things.
First, the show is not just this situation. Everything represents something more in society; each tape side is a problem in the world that leads to suicide, not only a small action by one character leading to Hannah Baker’s suicide. If you need help in understanding this, or want something else similar to this story, I recommend watching or reading 'An Inspector Calls’ by J.B. Priestly- a masterful piece tackling classism/sexism and how each person’s seemingly small actions lead to a girl’s suicide.
Second, memes are sometimes funny. The 'Clay every time he sees Tony’ memes are really funny, the 'fuck off, Courtney’ memes are funny, but the 'welcome to your tape over a slight inconvenience’ memes, they’re not. The show is raising awareness for the seriousness of suicide, not to create a fanbase of jokes about it. Promoting these after you watch the show, is a clear statement that you haven’t understood why it was made and is completely unacceptable.
Third, separate the character from the actor. Justin Prentice is NOT Bryce Walker, do not spam his comments with disgusting name calling or threatening- this is CLEARLY wrong and unnecessary. This also works the other way: Brandon Flynn is NOT Justin Foley. Just because Brandon is attractive and nice, doesn’t mean his character becomes as such.
Please don’t turn 13 reasons why into another generic element of pop culture. I love pop culture, don’t get me wrong, but we have a tendency to begin digging for meaning and giving up halfway; overusing the profound starting points of progress we find by loosely throwing them around, emptying them of all meaning.
i think it’s important to note that harry feels in every sense, somber. Down to the way he dressed, really simply in all black, just a shirt and jeans, it shows through that he is still hurting but he is up there to still appreciate and show love to those who took the time amd effort to see him. Harry is one of the strongest people out there to still perform after such a tragedy, but his love for other will always win over how much he cares about himself. He puts others first, always.
“There are things you can’t fight, acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when you’re in a Jaeger, suddenly, you can fight the hurricane. You can win.” - Mac McDonald
The musical is legitimately perfect, each actor put so much effort into capturing their characters. There’s so much emotion in every song it’s everything a PJO adaptation should be, finally.
I’m too spent to write up a full report tonight, but I promise there will be one! For now here are some pictures of the stage before and after the show, and the Playbill! And @percyyoulittleshit already shared because I spastically sent her a message during intermission ANNABETH NOT ONLY HAS BLONDE HAIR, BUT BLONDE CURLY HAIR. I didn’t think that would matter so much to me, but it literally took it from watching an actor on stage to seeing Annabeth.
That question had been resonating in
Harry’s mind for the past 12 hours and, despite having very logical
reasoning behind it, he was finding it increasingly hard not to break
down and buy two more plane tickets. His daughter was very good at
persuasion, especially when she was upset, and every cry that came
from her lips lessened Harry’s resolve immensely.
But, you both had decided that this
particular trip was going to be one that you and your daughter sat
out of. Harry was only going to be gone for four days and the weather
forecast for New York wasn’t great; it was just as easy for you to
keep yourself and your daughter at home in London while Harry made
the trek, instead of having to lug both yourselves and tons of extra
warm clothing in case you got stuck there for a few extra days.
Every other trip that Harry had made in
the four years since your daughter had been born, he had made with
the two of you in tow; his schedule was flexible and sparse enough
that adding two extra bodies on a week long trip to LA wasn’t a big
deal. When he had gone on tour for six months, he had brought you
with him; there was no way he was going away that long and leaving
the two loves in his life at home. Your daughter was now used to
being a little jetsetter with daddy and felt quite special whenever
she got to fly in a plane and get “important” orange juice from
the flight attendant in a big-girl cup. You weren’t sure exactly what
her reaction would be in learning that she would be left behind with
you on this trip, but you figured it wouldn’t be good.
You opted to keep the news under wraps
until as close to Harry’s departure time as you could, just to avoid
long, drawn out meltdowns if that were the case. The afternoon
before, you and Harry sat down with her when she was in a good mood
(fed, not in need of a nap and happily playing with toys) and told
her that daddy was going to have to go away for a few days, but that
she would have to stay home with you. Her face immediately dropped in
confusion; this was unheard of, why would daddy be going away without
her? You ALWAYS went with him when he travelled.
“Why can’t I come with you?” she
“Daddy’s only going for a few days
and it’s going to be cold there,” he tried to explain, “You and
mummy wouldn’t have any fun.”
“But I want to come!”
“I know you do, love, but I promise
you’ll be so much happier staying here. You wouldn’t see daddy lots
anyway; he’s got a lot of boring meetings to go to with Uncle Jeff,” Harry explained, crinkling his nose.
“If it’s boring, why don’t you stay
here with me and mummy and Uncle Jeff can go by himself?” she argued.
Someone asked me ages ago to make them an octopus plush. They ended up not going for it, but I was kinda interested in the project for myself so I bought the fabric for it a year ago and stashed it (as you do)
So this weekend I figured, lets give this a try.
It’s more of a squid than an octopus (my sewing capabilities are not good enough to make spherical things yet)
The trick here was using really cheap paper because he has to be symmetrical. So I drew out half, folded the paper in half and then traced it to be the same on both sides.
So I’m done Motorcity, and it hurts everytime I finish it. So much effort, hard work, and determination went into making it and Disney took it away from them. They can’t get anyone to revive the show because Disney is too stubborn to sell the rights and I.P.
I just wish it lasted longer, but it only got one season. It’s really a shame that it didn’t get more attention. Three petitions were made to try and get disney to do something, but they did nothing.
Motorcity may be over, but it’s far from forgotten. An old animator of the show runs a blog here on tumblr to this day since Motorcity started @peopleofmotorcity
If you’re thinking about giving Motorcity a chance then don’t hesitate. Look it up and you’ll find it. There’s a little video above, made by the team after the show ended, to show you what you’re in for.
International Soccer Player Star Lexa au is and forever will be my dream
The heat rolled off of the pavement in the afternoon. Stagnant and ornery, it listlessly bullied everyone in the streets until they were just as uncomfortable and oppressed, just as mad, just as sweaty and tired and beat up like the harsh summer day. The bustle of the street didn’t stop though, despite the heat, despite the heaviness. Instead, people milled about as best the could, fanning themselves with their hands or papers or ducking into stores, eating ice cream, and failing against nature itself.