Hey! I'm so sorry to bother you, but you seem like you're really into Spirk so I was wondering if you had any good fanfics you could recommend for someone just starting out?
No worries friendo! I’d love to recommend some stuff!
- Just One More (It Couldn’t Hurt) by summerofspock - Spock starts sneaking Vulcan kisses from his captain and once he starts he can’t seem to make himself stop. [AAAA THIS ONE IS CUTE]
- Fulfilling the Needs of the One (Or the Both) by @plaidshirtjimkirk - Spock begins to wonder if his relationship with Jim has been one-sided in his own favor. [OLD MARRIED SPIRK IS SO PURE AND WONDERFUL also i really love plaidshirt and their blog]
- A Warm Blue by theplotholesmademedoit -
A sick Jim steals Spock’s uniform while he waits for his bondmate to return from a mission [short and sweet!]
- First Contact by triedunture - AU where Earth isn’t warp capable when we should have been. Spock & Jim meet as children during First Contact and forge a strange kind of bond, but they’re torn apart by circumstances beyond their control. Fast forward to adulthood: Jim’s made it to space, but with Starfleet out of his reach, his life has taken a very different path. And yet, that path crosses Spock’s again…. [the beginning is too cute and a little bit sad omg]
- Magpie by waldorph -
Spock met Jim when he was 7 and Jim was 6. It has since been generally agreed that this was a mistake (or: the one where they grow up together and things are simultaneously better and worse for it). [THIS ONE IS SO GREAT]
- a sequence that you never learned by annataylor - "‘Spock,’ Jim breathes out, completely overwhelmed by the gesture—not quite believing that Spock knows him so well, that’s he’s already started researching, that he trusts Jim with a member of his own endangered species.“ When Jim gets it in his head to adopt an eight year old Vulcan, Spock presents a logical solution to the issue of Jim’s humanity: marriage to a Vulcan citizen. [I seriously want to cry thinking about this fic its amazing]
- Entering Orbit by museaway - Jim escapes to Iowa to avoid the media frenzy following the Narada incident, but a late-night miscommunication results in Spock turning up on his front porch. [I CANT EVEN ABOUT THIS ONE OOOOO]
- THE SUM OF BOTH OF US by spicyshimmy - Jim Kirk is nine when a massacre on Tarsus IV leaves him without a family and without a home. Spock is twelve when a strange boy in the desert saves his sehlat. Families aren’t born; they’re made. The look in mother’s eyes at his correction remained a mystery long after the colors of the night sky and the complex patterns of distant nebulae had become translatable by means of distinct and relatively straightforward equations. [i really like their stuff and they have a bunch of spirk fics you can check out!]
If you want some CLASSIC Spirk fic (like STRAIGHT from the godmothers of Spirk fandom) and have a bit of money to spend then I’d suggest reading Killing Time by Della Van Hise (PDF), The Price of the Phoenix (or anything by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath), and Star Trek: the New Voyages 1 and 2 (havent read 2 but BOY IS THE FIRST ONE GREAT)