Hi loves! So 2 weeks passed and I’m back with another part of my long-ass Evak fanfiction recs series, hooray! I never know what else to write here, so I’ll just shut up for now. All the fics can be found under the cut. Happy reading!
As always, the list is divided into oneshots and chaptered fics. My personal favorites are tagged with a “ ★ ”. Completed chaptered fics are tagged with a “ ✓ ”
I've watched all 13 episodes of Iron Fist to have receipts as to why it is terrible
- Danny Rand coming back and sitting on the doorstep of Joy saying it’s some ancient Buddhism practice to spill leaves and light incense = I’m a practicing Buddhist for 26 years and I have never done that or heard of anyone doing that?
- Finn Jones has the charisma of a gnat. He scoffs randomly and he acts like a belligerent child when he was suppose to be trained to be calm and collected trained by monks?
- Finn Jones’ ACTING ABILITY IS EITHER: a. Yelling real loud when angry B. Scoffing awkwardly C. whispering contemptuously D. Shaking erratically
- The characters’ motivations DON’T MAKE ANY SENSE??? IT ALSO TAKES DANNY RAND 13 EPISODES TO FIGURE OUT THE MEACHUMS DON’T CARE ABOUT HIM WHEN WE FIGURED IT OUT IN THE FIRST EPISODE? I know dramatic irony is a thing, but what???
- What is up with this version of The Hand? The Hand in DareDevil left murder, chaos, and dead bodies like no other; Iron Fist’s The Hand uses guns?? Trains teenagers from New York?? Bakuto was the most threatening, but he didn’t even compare at all???
- DANNY RAND needs to stop citing random “Asian” proverbs????
- Danny Rand is NOT an outsider, I mean yes, he was an outsider in K'un L'un, but he’s still a rich white dude from New York like??
- The martial arts scenes are UNINSPIRED and BORING. I was more enthralled by DareDevil!!
- It’s REALLY cheesy!!! Like the scene where Danny talks to Davos about how he saw the eagle and it was a *~SIGN??
- I’ve watched 13 episodes and I still don’t know why Colleen is even remotely attractive to this white dude who WOULDN’T LEAVE HER AND HER DOJO ALONE???
- CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW NUANCED IT WOULD'VE BEEN IF IT WAS AN ASIAN-AMERICAN GOING BACK TO HIS OWN COUNTRY AND THEN TO RETURN TO AMERICA TO FACE THIS KIND OF DUALITY OF CULTURES AND COME FACE TO FACE WITH THE IDEA OF BEING OTHER AND BEING THIS ASIAN-AMERICAN????? COMEEE ONNN
- Ward Meachum and Joy Meachum are really complex people and their relationship is great???
- Claire and Colleen Wing as BFFs and I need a whole series of them taking ragtag teenagers in and helping them
- Lewis Tan had more charisma and acting chops in the five minutes he was fighting Danny Rand ( I WAS KINDA ROOTING FOR HIM TO WIN OVER DANNY)
- Jeri Hogarth
Idk why all the falsettos headcanons are really lovey-dovey ideals of the relationships Bill Finn created. Not to offend anyone or anything like that, but the relationships in falsettos are MESSES and that’s why we love this musical, because it’s so REALISTIC with REAL PEOPLE. I just feel like the fandom is making it too cutesy, and I don’t even know if we’re talking about the same show? Like why would Marvin and Whizzer have tickle fights? Why would Whizzer and Trina be best friends? He had a fucking affair with her husband. Is it because some people are turning homosexual relationships into a novelty, because (you’re free to disagree, but) that’s how I feel. I think Bill Finn would be insanely uncomfortable if he saw that this is how people view his greatest and most complex work.