I've watched all 13 episodes of Iron Fist to have receipts as to why it is terrible
- Danny Rand coming back and sitting on the doorstep of Joy saying it’s some ancient Buddhism practice to spill leaves and light incense = I’m a practicing Buddhist for 26 years and I have never done that or heard of anyone doing that?
- Finn Jones has the charisma of a gnat. He scoffs randomly and he acts like a belligerent child when he was suppose to be trained to be calm and collected trained by monks?
- Finn Jones’ ACTING ABILITY IS EITHER: a. Yelling real loud when angry B. Scoffing awkwardly C. whispering contemptuously D. Shaking erratically
- The characters’ motivations DON’T MAKE ANY SENSE??? IT ALSO TAKES DANNY RAND 13 EPISODES TO FIGURE OUT THE MEACHUMS DON’T CARE ABOUT HIM WHEN WE FIGURED IT OUT IN THE FIRST EPISODE? I know dramatic irony is a thing, but what???
- What is up with this version of The Hand? The Hand in DareDevil left murder, chaos, and dead bodies like no other; Iron Fist’s The Hand uses guns?? Trains teenagers from New York?? Bakuto was the most threatening, but he didn’t even compare at all???
- DANNY RAND needs to stop citing random “Asian” proverbs????
- Danny Rand is NOT an outsider, I mean yes, he was an outsider in K'un L'un, but he’s still a rich white dude from New York like??
- The martial arts scenes are UNINSPIRED and BORING. I was more enthralled by DareDevil!!
- It’s REALLY cheesy!!! Like the scene where Danny talks to Davos about how he saw the eagle and it was a *~SIGN??
- I’ve watched 13 episodes and I still don’t know why Colleen is even remotely attractive to this white dude who WOULDN’T LEAVE HER AND HER DOJO ALONE???
- CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW NUANCED IT WOULD'VE BEEN IF IT WAS AN ASIAN-AMERICAN GOING BACK TO HIS OWN COUNTRY AND THEN TO RETURN TO AMERICA TO FACE THIS KIND OF DUALITY OF CULTURES AND COME FACE TO FACE WITH THE IDEA OF BEING OTHER AND BEING THIS ASIAN-AMERICAN????? COMEEE ONNN
- Ward Meachum and Joy Meachum are really complex people and their relationship is great???
- Claire and Colleen Wing as BFFs and I need a whole series of them taking ragtag teenagers in and helping them
- Lewis Tan had more charisma and acting chops in the five minutes he was fighting Danny Rand ( I WAS KINDA ROOTING FOR HIM TO WIN OVER DANNY)
- Jeri Hogarth
So y’all might have heard about some issues that @raedmagdon is having with somebody who stole her work on AO3 and posted it as a chapter of their own. Now, Rae is an incredibly sweet person who declined to link to this person’s story out of concern that some of her more…*ahem* enthusiastic fans might become a little overly vitriolic.
However, I’m not nearly as nice, so here’s Salty Cal with a link to this asshole’s fic, as well as a side by side comparison in case you need some convincing:
Now, you may notice that the names are changed (Korra/Asami to Kara/Lena), and the writing has been crapified (line spacing is fucked to hell, details from the different ‘verses have been changed or just removed - e.g., Republic City to National City - and, later on in the story, tense changes reveal that this person is a rank amateur).
But that doesn’t make this any less plagiarism.
So as the mean one in this friendship, I’m posting this stuff bc Rae is too nice to do it, and inviting y’all to go ahead and make my day. Report this fic. Make it clear in the comments that you know what’s going on, and you’re not going to tolerate it. Share this post on tumblr. In addition, I’m calling on the Supercorp fandom not to let this shit fly in your house. Show some solidarity with Korrasami fans and come pick up your trash.