What are your opinions on Mania and Forces right now?
Short literal answer: all over the place
Actual individual answers:
- Looks super good!! It does look fun and the promotional art for it is awesome, the love and effort going into it is clear. Makes me wanna do some pixel art again when I have the time.
- I’m happy a lot of people are excited for it, but Classic Sonic isn’t what really has my interest about Sonic these days so I’m not particularly hyped for it. I’ll probably get it eventually but I’m not desperate to have it as soon as it comes out. It’s nice to see people being so positive about Sonic again though!
- Studiopolis Zone’s music is still my jam tbh
- boost is back thank you sonic gods
In all seriousness I’m really really glad that gameplay style is back, I loved it and it was missed in Lost World :’>
- It looks pretty as heck and I’m happy (so far) because from the first trailer I was kind of just expecting it to be Everything Is Crisis City: The Game. I hope there’s more variety in the rest of the levels, it’d be really cool to see what different environments look like when Eggman’s taken them over (can you imagine an ice level full of fire and destruction, or robots causing a forest fire in a jungle, how rad would those be).
- I’m just still kind of stuck on why Classic needs to be there. I’m sure there’ll be some reason for it in the story but… why aren’t Sonic’s friends enough support, and why does he need to keep coming back into Modern stuff when Mania is also a thing that is happening this same year
I like Classic he’s very cute but why
- Honestly, I would be far more optimistic about Forces if Classic wasn’t involved. If you imagine Unleashed were coming out this year and in the whole mess of Sonic being the Werehog and the planet being broken apart, Classic is just. there
That feeling of “???????????” is exactly how I feel about him in Forces right now. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for the game to prove me wrong and have him being there be entirely fitting, but at the moment it just seems kind of unnecessary.
- And that new character is just the icing on the cake of Concerns™
I’m not one of those people who are like “ugh a new sonic character” but can they please just show them off and get it over with already and also let them be good maybe
…and please don’t let them actually look like bubsy at all
- I dunno, I spent so long being full of doubt when we were still calling it Project Sonic 2017 that I really want to be optimistic about it now, but I’m not blind to the things I feel iffy about from what we currently know.
I think after Lost World hype and Boom hype on here I’ve burnt myself out on hyping over Sonic to that level, so I’m just trying to enjoy what I see and hope for the best when it comes out.