hi leda! did you see the jethan clip? what do you think?
Unpopular opinion apparently, but I thought it was fun as fuck.
Aside from Stiles’ FBI bit, that scene was the best part of 6b so far, and it felt like earlier seasons before the show thought it was dark and gritty. They actually had fun with it, and now I really want a show about Jackson and Ethan arguing about everything while classical music plays in the background. Will they ever actually make it to one of the shows they’re constantly buying tickets to? Probably not! But they’re going to keep buying tickets just in case.
(I also fucking love when huge fights are going on and the characters only care about their furniture getting wrecked. That’s one of my favorite tropes and I relate to it so hard when I watch action movies where historic buildings are getting destroyed.)
(I also really fucking love classical music or ballads playing over very violent things, so that scene was targeting my exact demographic.)
Is the relationship a little out of left field? Sure, but it’s not completely outside the realm of possibility. Jackson always seemed just as concerned with being attractive to men as Stiles did, and it makes sense for Danny to have told Ethan, “Dude, you’re a werewolf and my best friend is going through some werewolf shit alone in London. Here’s his number. I’m going to MIT.”
Also, I can’t wait to write these two bougie assholes into everything. @petals42 and I have already had a grand ole time coming up with fun bits based off this, including:
- Jackson and Ethan My Fair Lady-ing werewolves who need help, getting them in control, classing them up a bit with lovingly snobby comments, and sending them on their way
- Super snobby Jackson having to work with FBI Stiles whose life outside of work is a mess, and judging everything about his shitty and cheap apartment and belongings
- Stiles’ apartment getting wrecked by the monster of the week and Jackson replacing his cheap IKEA stuff with really nice dishes and furniture, not because he’s nice, but because he knows that Stiles will be so fucking pissed about having to take care of them
- Lydia studying abroad at Oxford, and on Sundays, she meets up with Jackson and Ethan to have brunch and they take the most obnoxiously bougie selfies they possibly can to send to Stiles just to annoy him
- Sometimes they pop down to Paris to meet Isaac, and he’s bought a bourree specifically for these selfies because he knows how much Stiles will hate it
- Stiles raising his eyebrows at Jackson, who glares back and says, “I’m bi.” Stiles nods and says, “Cool, me too.”
And one last bit that’s been bugging me:
No, it’s not the bi Stiles everyone has been hoping for, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing if Colton’s experience with coming out influenced this part of Jackson. Dylan’s anxiety influenced Stiles’ character, they wrote his pillow into the show and everyone thought that was adorable.
I don’t see it as a slight to his acting abilities, or blurring the line between character and real life. I see it as a nod to what he went through being in the closet while on the show, and how that affected him. I’m sure they talked over everything with him, made sure it was something he wanted to do, and if it gives the guy some closure on a difficult part of his life? Great! The show’s a genuine clusterfuck this season, might as well do one positive thing with it!
(Also this fandom has been insisting that Jackson’s bi as fuck ever since that scene where he was grinding on both Erica and Isaac, so I don’t know what the fuck we’re all complaining about here.)