I don’t pretend to be a professional chef but I have always had a passion for food and cooking. This is a recipe I came up with some time ago for my other kintypes but it would suit perfectly for all you WCkin out there! And for any Otherkin who have major food cravings like me! Not everyone gets them but for all you cool cats out there and warriors fans that like playing with their food I have a simple and easy fun food filler.
It really comes down to Three basic ingredients to simulate the following: Skin, Flesh, and Bone. For this I recommend the tops of each list as your best bet for taste and realism.
Skin Creates the feeling of tearing into something and puncturing actual skin. Different textures and toughness's might simulate different prey.
Boiled Chicken skin - Kinda gross when you think about it, and definately fatty but its the most realistic! And if properly seasoned it can make for an interesting dish.
- Lunch meat (Tougher the better)
- Rice Paper (Mostly tasteless and my personal favorite)
- Tortilla - (Anything but corn unless you fry it)
- Half Cooked Lasagna/Large shell noodles (Instant are best- Nice and chewy with a consistent texture.)
- Lettuce (Crispy and unique)
- Flat-bread - (Thicker, more filling, significantly less realistic)
Flesh This is the core of your dish, seasoned, preserved or fresh. Ideally its something you want to be meaty with substance and realistic texture.
- Rare/Raw Beef (If you are willing to take the risk. I do not recommend, That being said, if you do choose to go this route beef is the only I recommend as other animals are more likely to pass on disease/parasites.
- Raw Fish (Anything Sushi grade is great! and Salmon has a nice convincing color)
- Acid Marinated meats - (Certain meats if cut thin and/or given appropriate soaking time can be ‘cooked’ with lime juice, soda, vinegar, pickle juice, and some salad dressings.)
- Any fully cooked meat- (If you are truly cautious or want some diversity any chunk of fully cooked meat can be added to your center.)
- Lunch-meat - (Cheaper but still with a meaty taste.)
- Tofu (Not everyone eats meat!)
Not necessary but when you are eating such small critters it definite adds to the realism. Some people like munching down their bones and others prefer to pick around. For that reason I recommend a toothpick or two to assist in both keeping your prey held together and doubling as bones, regardless of that preference.
- Pretzels (Cheap and tasty! Can get soggy if left to set)
- Small carrots/sliced sticks (Never get soggy!)
- Bread-sticks (Basically more expensive bready pretzels)
- Green Onions (More pungent, go good with some additional cream cheese)
- Pocky (Adds a bit of sweetness!)
- Hard candy Sticks (Crunchy but a little weird tasting.
- Jerky/Beef-sticks (They don’t have that satisfying CRUNCH but are tougher and definitely give you a nice meaty bit of prey!)
1. Take your skin and lay it flat against the table
2. Take your flesh and randomly skewer edible bones through the centerkeep your portion size proportionate to the size of your skin so you will have room to wrap it next.
3. Place your completed chunk of flesh in the center of your skin.
4. Spread or drizzle any sauce over the flesh substitute at this point.
5. Carefully wrap the skin over the top, (Burrito/roll style is the best. For Chicken skin, lunch meat, and noodles you can pinch the top like a dumpling)
6. Skewer a toothpick or two through the center. Large noodle Pasta shouldn’t need this.
At this point you can choose (Depending on your ingredients) To eat your food cold or to Microwave/Oven cook briefly. Use your best judgement and for minors inexperienced with cooking please get your parents permission before ever touching the oven.
Mix and match different ingredients and try new ones until you are satisfied. You can also add additional sauces and dressings if you like a bit of “blood” or something to give yourself an extra juicy ‘mouse’ to chew on.
And to those of you who aren’t satisfied with these diversities or might want something to aid the rumbling stomach of another kintype you can take a look at my inspiration blog here: Kinfood.tumblr.com They have a whole tag list filled with all sorts of goodies you can make and buy for various kintypes and even if you aren’t otherkin, its a really interesting blog to boot!
If anyone makes any creations I would love some blog submissions or specific recipe recommendations <3
May Starclan be with you.