The little hug and peck are adorable. I really wanted a peck/forehead kiss.
The scene with Rick gifting the Queen with a cat has me in the feels. He makes a reference to her cat from season 3. He is hurt. His hands are bloody. He is hopping on one leg, but he still has Michonne on his mind and wants to make her happy. It’s like he doesn’t feel pain when he gets Michonne to smile. She’s his medicine.
Although I love this scene, I’m mostly grateful for this.
-Who LOVE the storyline and want the characters to be together as much as we do!!
-The writers favourite couple to write, who give us amazing scenes and storylines.
-Our amazing fandom filled with incredibly talented and just plain awesome people!
Like Do you guy so realise how RARE this is?
Like i ship other couples from other shows and on those show she either the actors hate the ship or the writers do or there’s always something going wrong. But captain swan is perfect you guys. It’s the ultimate ultimate fandom, the ultimate ship. OTP FOR LIFE!
WE’RE SO LUCKY!!!!! 🍀⚓️🌹🥇🏆❤️💝
So, look. I'm not at all surprised Melissa moved me to tears in this episode because she slays me every damn time. But can I just give a shoutout to Mr. Reedus?
Because that little “Why’d you go?” just about finished me off. The hurt in his voice, and his body language the whole episode…I think the man is pretty underrated. He’s really brought Daryl to life, and when he and MMB share scenes? It’s fucking magic, man. She’s already a master class (IMO), but when they’re in scenes together, they elevate each other’s game.
Take note, TPTB. Forget this whole absence makes the heart grow fonder shit, and reunite these two for good. They’re each compelling in their right, but together? Let me just put it this way. Was Mulder not better when he had Scully by his side? What about William Adama and Laura Roslin? I could go on, but I won’t. And really. Carol and Daryl, in my mind at least, are just as much a part of each other as these characters are a part of each other.
So. Let this latest separation be blessedly short. Because these two? Deserve to be together. They deserve to know love and be able to actually bask in it, openly, for more than 5 damn seconds.
And hey. If it’s the whole thrill of the chase, longing pining thing you’re afraid of losing, don’t be. Because I think we all know, MMB and NR are more than up to the task of continuing their beautiful story and taking it forward naturally. The characters, the portrayers, and the fans have all earned that much.
I really enjoyed Sherlock the moment I first saw it, and I enjoyed playing in its universe. But the moment I truly fell in love with it was A Scandal in Belgravia, not just for what we saw, but the things we didn’t see. I love all the scenes that are implied, or easily imagined, that fit so perfectly into the story that it seems to rely on them. You can frame the unseen things in a number of ways, and far be it from me to judge the best way to do so, but for me the unseen things are a gift to the discerning audience: it’s up to you what goes here, it says. Imagine what you will. And so, of course, I do.
Disclaimer: I realize this is unsatisfying and frustrating to some, and you’re more than welcome to those feelings. I understand them and respect them, but do not share them, perhaps because I enjoy these hidden places and closed doors. I like them to be mine to uncover over and over again. I am just a greedy fan writer who likes to keep filling in these critical gaps in different ways. Your mileage may vary. This is not a statement about what should or shouldn’t have happened in the story, I’m just not that sort of fan. We have what we have, and I am still very much enjoying burrowing into it.
There are two key places in the story that my mind keeps drifting to: the space immediately after The Lying Detective, and the what comes after John is rescued from the well and the final montage in The Final Problem.
Something changes fundamentally in Sherlock and John’s relationship at the end of The Lying Detective, and while it is left open to multiple interpretations, I am very comfortable with mine. To me, The Final Problem shows us two people who have always meant to slot into each other who finally have. They trust each other completely and function together perfectly. They no longer have any real tension between them. The things that had kept them from this level of closeness are gone. The story about building that closeness, or rejecting it, or pining for it, or denying it, is over; this part of the story simply relies on it as a fact, and so it is.
I saw The Final Problem as two people in a very new phase of a relationship. It’s too new to talk about, but too wonderful not to be brimming with. Their interaction at Mycroft’s house felt very much like this to me. The rest of the episode is too fast and furious to confirm or deny my hypothesis, except to say that they are in no way uncertain about each other, and that they are emotionally in each other’s pockets and reach for each other when they are in need. They are each other’s mainstays. They are family.
This is not the case when we leave them in The Lying Detective, not quite. John nearly walks away from Sherlock for good, twice. Something happens between The Lying Detective and The Final Problem to cement that relationship. I find it difficult not to imagine what that is, and how it happened. That is a door I enjoy prying open.
The second place I find myself lingering is after Sherlock discovers who he really is. One can only imagine that it would take Sherlock a bit of time to adjust to the knowledge that his entire personality and self-image has been constructed on top of a self-protective fantasy. Except that I think he already knows it; not the why or the how, not the horror of the specifics, but certainly he knows that he isn’t the man he pretend he is. That has been the theme of the entire series, after all, but he especially knows it just prior to The Final Problem, and John knows it, too. John knows why Sherlock destroys the coffin at Sherrinford. He knows that Sherlock is hurting, and he understands why. They do not have those kinds of secrets from each other anymore; John will not make the mistake of thinking that Sherlock “doesn’t feel things that way” again.
But understanding his own origin story must be a shattering experience for Sherlock. Another door I like to wedge open is the one where Sherlock goes home and processes this, and lets his vulnerable self out in the safety of John’s presence. That part of him will influence everything he does from that point on, and will make him kinder and more empathetic. But I can only imagine that the person who knows the vulnerable Sherlock completely will be John.
Seeing at how the last night episode went down i can’t stop thinking about how BIASED that spoilers site is…. “ episode 9 and 10 are gonna be really hard for bethyl and td people ”….. Yeah you totally right i clearly see people tearing the fandom apart for these two episode… It didn’t happen nothing…. The only thing that happened is the confirmation of a familial love and we did already knew that. Because we Td and Bethyl “losers” can accept the fact that C@rol and D@ryl love each other but just not in a romantic way… Yesterday was the best opportunity for that ship to go canon after 7 seasons but it didn’t…and after what N0rman said on TTD about playing the scene like he was talking to his mother it is very clear what kind of love Is the one between them. But the spoilers site riled up people into thinking that something was gonna happen… So people felt entitled to come to our tags and posts and shit on us even more. I see people sending anons or just comment on other members of td without even knowing what they are talking about “ we saw her funeral , her grave, we saw them buring her, she was shot under her chin, FG never even saw her, ” blah blah blah…. If sites like the spoilers one weren’t so biased, more people would understand what really happened, instead of shut down every person who even dare to think about mention B3th’s name on their social network… We could talk about it , explain to others, but they delete old things making us look like lunatic and crazy, they make fun of us and with their behavior they encourage trolls to send us hate and it’s really sad…
I’m a firm believer that there are things that can really only be conveyed in a work’s original language. Danganronpa knows it all too well: while the localisation does a good job overall bringing this fantastic series to the West, there’s still so many nuances and details that are easily lost in translation.
So as we know, transcribing Japanese text is quite the laborious undertaking, and naturally I took it upon myself to perform this task.
The following scene occurs after one of Saihara’s nightly training sessions. Much like a couple of scenes in the previous games, this one does not happen in the presence of our protagonist. Rather, it is a quick exchange between Ouma and Monokuma, and I thought it was significant, so I transcribed it.
Not only did it surprise me, because I was not expecting it, it also scared the shit out of me, because I think it’s the first time Ouma pulls out one of Those sprites. So anyway, please enjoy!
Thank you so much for taking the time to
transcribe all of this! I definitely agree that trying to take the time to look
at original Japanese always gives the fullest picture of what’s going on.
English localization companies do their best and work under time constraints,
and always have to keep in mind how best to appeal to a wider audience in order
to sell more copies of the game—but that does mean that sometimes the original
meaning or intention gets lost a little along the way in favor of making the
game more generalized. Cutting out honorifics or particular suffixes that are
specific to a character’s speech habits is just one example of this.
I’ll definitely go ahead and translate the
transcription here. This is a very fun exchange in Chapter 4, and it was
definitely meant to shock and intrigue the audience. The fact that we see this
whole exchange between Ouma and Monokuma without Saihara around at all
emphasizes that this is particularly important that it would be shown to the
audience and the players, even without the protagonist around.
For anyone who wants to see a particular
translation of this scene, please be careful because spoilers for Chapter 4
will follow under the read more!
Okay. How about this? List all of these and why. Favorite WA kiss? Favorite WA angst? Favorite WA love declaration? Favorite funny WA scene? Favorite Barry moment? Favorite Iris moment? Favorite WA moment in general?
1) Favorite WA kiss: Other than the hot make-out in episode 4, I would have to say my favorite kiss between them happens in episode 9 of season 3, because Barry just gifted Iris with their amazing loft and he was so excited to show her. After that, Barry tells her that moving in together isn’t a big step for him (because really, it’s not – Barry has waxed poetic to Iris multiple times, and done things like get her a replica of her mother’s ring). He was ready to move forward with her, to take the next step in their future together. The moment was just so sweet, also because he basically proposed to her when he told her that she was the last thing he wanted to see when he went to bed, and the first thing he wanted to see when he woke up (before Iris cut him off with a kiss lol). I know they had two kisses in the scene, but I’m mainly talking about after Iris said she loved him (and SHE USED FULL NAME WHICH KILLED ME) and Barry told her he loved her too. That moment was so sweet and genuine, and that scene alone showcases how much they love each other. Both kisses had me shook, though!
2) Favorite WA angst: Hands down, and I think my favorite scene of all time in season one, was the scene from Grodd Lives 1x21, where Joe was kidnapped by Grodd and Iris questioned why the team couldn’t figure out how to save him. The angst aspect was when she walked out, and Barry followed her. I loved their argument in that scene in the hallway, mainly because Iris got to express how she felt about Barry lying, which we all needed to hear since she were kept in the dark for pretty much the whole season. It’s also my favorite because Iris was tearing up, because she was truly hurt that her dad and mainly Barry would lie to her, because “you were supposed to be my best friend, Barry!” That line.. shook! “I am your best friend!” I literally know the entire dialogue in that scene, lol. It was just heart breaking because Iris was truly hurt, because she gave Barry that much capacity to hurt her, because she loved him. Also, I will never not laugh (and roll my eyes) at Barry equating keeping the secret from Iris to her hidden feelings for him. Not only that, but the acting from both of the actors, specifically from Candice was A1. Definitely my favorite scene from season 1.
3) Favorite WA love declaration: This is so hard to choose! I feel like moments that can’t be considered love declarations, are in my opinion. I’ll keep this one short, but I guess I will go with Barry’s first confession in 1x09. I think it was so sweet and raw from Barry, and it’s been the most open he’s been to everyone. He wore his heart on his sleeve, and he felt like how owed it to Iris to tel her then – although it was ill-timing. The part that made me choose this declaration was because of Barry’s “I loved you before I even knew what the word love meant.” That line did it for me because Barry defines love int he way he loves Iris. When you’re young, you don’t really know what love is. You know it’s characterized my some feeling, but Barry as a child knew whatever he felt for her, must be love. He essentially said, “that, that right there, whatever I feel for her, it has to be love.” And that makes me cry. Of course Iris’s silent tears added tot he scene, because you could tell she were mad and sad, because it’s like “Why now?” in her mind, everything has completely changed for them. She’s always seen Barry as her best friend, and probably couldn’t differentiate her romantic feelings for him vs her platonic ones, so she buried them – and characterized them as one. Now, that Barry told her he loved her this entire time, you have to imagine in her head she’s thinking about and questioning every single moment they have shared, because for her it’s always been one thing. Now that Barry told her this, she knows that in every moment they have shared, he’s been in love with her. I lied, that wasn’t short at all lol!
4) Favorite Funny Scene: Have WA had many funny scenes? Lol. I don’t know if this scene be classified as funny, but the first scene that popped into my head was in episode 3x09, when Barry just showed Iris their soon-to-be lovely home together, and Iris said “I got you a wallet.” LOL. That line made me alight and cry, because Iris was so genuine and sweet and she’s in shock that he gave her that, while she gave him a wallet. And Barry’s “I’m sure I love it” made me CRY (but also laugh while crying) because HE WAS DEAD ASS SERIOUS. Barry is going to cherish that wallet for everything it’s worth, simply because Iris got it for him lol. I’m sure he tells everyone t work that Iris gave him that wallet, just to show it off. This scene also solidified that Barry is the better gift giver :)
5) Favorite Barry moment: If this is speaking about them individually, this is tough, because there are so many Barry scenes to choose from, lol. I don’t know if this classifies as “favorite Barry moment” because it’s his tears and his conversation with Nora in Welcome to Earth 2 on the phone that made me cry. It was the first time Barry heard Nora’s voice since he were a child. Technically it’s not his mother, but Earth 2 Barry’s but it was still all the same for Barry. The moment he heard her voice on the phone, and had to play off as E2 Barry and started to cry (which makes it even more sad? Because E2 Barry still has his mother). It was just a heart breaking scene, and well-acted one all around. Kudos to Grant.
6) Favorite Iris Moment: This is difficult as well, but not as difficult because Iris has had so many wonderful scenes that made me cheer for her. I loved the scene where she’s talking to Joe in Grodd Lives in CCPN, because she was again, expressing her POV which was lacked in season 1 due to her being in the dark about Barry’s secret. My favorite moment so far though, is in 3x11 where she has the conversation with Wally in CCPD. She had so much agency in that episode, but in that scene alone because she wanted to mattered. She got to express her fear of dying, but also getting to do something about it because she got to be. She knew about her potential fate, so she took matters into her own hands and didn’t let her consume her (at that moment). She wanted to be more than just a daughter, or sister, or a girl friend. The dialogue in that scene was A1, and really shows what kind of person Iris is. She loves being all of those things, but it doesn’t always define her. Her compassion, her need for justice and truth is what’s also important, her job as a reporter! I cried and cheered for her so much in that scene and the entire episode (like I always do).
7) All of my favorite WA moments are here, although they aren’t that updated. I want to add the scene from 3x10, where Barry tells Iris about her potential fate int he time vault. 1) the acting was so good? Grant and Candice play really well off of each other, but I felt like this particular scene had a much bigger impact because of the context and the emotions. 2) Poor Iris! Her whole life has been turned upside down, and she was so selfless to the point where her first thought was to tell Barry to stop letting criminals go to save her, and to protect Joe after. I loved Barry’s anger in that scene as well because he felt like Iris gave up a bit when she asked when it would happen. For him, it’s like Savitar already won. The entire scene just had me in shambles.
Just finished the episode and want to tell you guys my instant thoughts.I’m always happy to hear what you think.This are instant impressions.I may change my opinion after watching the episode again and again…
1. I’m honest.I was actually underwhelmed by the second hug and everything that happened inside the house. It was so short.It was still too ambiguous imo. It was nothing really new either.What Daryl did for Carol through lying,he did for her before,although on another level.We all thought the creepy house was a setup for relationship development,(perfect setting by the way)imo it was a setup for Carol to finally leave her misery and to show us the amount of HURT from both sides.
2. BUT I was overwhelmed by other scenes actually.There was one particular scene that confirmed Daryl’s romantic love for Carol more than I have ever dared to hope. When he asks Richard about the woman’s name,he knows it is Carol just by knowing it is a woman.
You can see how his heartrate picks up and his mind goes blank,his eyes are glazed,he even squints as if he is about to faint,he looks like he is in trance.It’s shock,it’s relief,it’s the realisation what he was about to do,it’s so much LOVE his body nearly can’t handle it.
Everything that goes down with Richard and even with Morgan (at the beginning and end) is so much confirmation I just can’t. Confirmation happened actually in places I didn’t expect it to happen and it was purely in a “passive”way.
3.Melissa McBride’s performance was not from this earth,but Norman Reedus’ performance was equally as good. The best acting I ever saw from him.His facial expressions and especially his eyes ARE PHENOMENAL.Holy shit that man is fucking INTENSE.Hats off.
4. I saw nothing,I REPEAT NOTHING that points to Carzekiel AT ALL.
5. One thing was clear as day. Daryl has gained a lot of confidence,has come into his own.He is determined. And most important,it very much seems to me as if Carol’s and his roles are switched right now. You see it in the way they hug and how he breaks away first both times. Is it hurt about her leaving him?Has he lost hope that she would ever feel about him THAT way and it is finally enough for him if he is only able to keep her save&alive?Is it that he can’t handle to prolong it because the emotions would carry him away?Does he leave a ball in her court?I don’t know.Carol actually seems actually way more involved in the sentiment for me( but only during that time they are actually together!)Anyway,in this episode,he is clearly the leading one of both.
6. In that scene with Shiva, I think you can briefly see how happy Daryl is about finding Carol when he tells Morgan.Also,Shiva /Daryl parallel confirmation.
7.I still have to watch TTD,but many Carylers seem to be angry at Norman. What happened?
8. conclusion. I’m clearly going with canon in season 8, hopefully 8.1
I just saw your repost from Gotham and with his beauty, I always find it strange that, except some exception, noone tries to seduce him.. and appart LJG and Claire, felt in love with him. . I mean he is nearly perfect basically.. I have the feeling that we saw more men fell under Claire's power.. it's maybe because I love Jealous Claire and Bashfull Jamie that I wish we could have seen more scene like that ^^
I think that there are a handful of women who try to seduce Jamie. But once he meets Claire that’s it, he’s hers forever. He gives off the taken man vibe and people know that he’s not available. Combine that with his good looks and height, which is probably intimidating to most women of that time, and they generally steer clear of him. Jenny is really the main reason why he remarries, not that he is seduced or falls in love.
okay but sometimes i just remember the kiss scene in episode 7 and i get a little bit emotional because i never really thougt that this was going to happen. like honestly before the show aired i thought yoi was just going to be another one of those queerbaiting sports anime but now here i am?? with my otp engaged and so in love with each other and that just makes me so fucking happy
Hi! Me again! Is there a way to lace in more descriptions about where people are in your story? Um, I mainly focus on what the characters are doing, but I also want to focus on where they are. to completely immerse someone into that world. If you have any tips, tricks, or things to keep in mind that would be awesome! Thanks!
Hi there! Describing surroundings can actually be really fun! One of the things I love about writing is that you have the liberty to create completely unique worlds. If I have created a new, original world for my story, I want to show it off. I take every chance I get to describe it and slip in little details that I think are neat. There are many way you can describe a setting. One is by using it to open the scene. Scenes don’t always have to start out with dialogue or action. They just need to start with something interesting. Take the first part of your scene to set the stage. If you’re trying to scare your reader you’d want to describe the surroundings with sharp, tense and cold adjectives. If your characters have just transported to a new, strange place, your gonna wanna give it a mysterious tone and probably use a lot of smilies (it looks like this place.. but there’s something different about it… it looks a lot like this, but it does this instead) to give the environment a sense of being real, but different and unfamiliar. You could also describe the setting as you go. An adjective or two before a characters action can go a long way. “He sliced through the air” gives a different image then “he sliced through the cold, thick air.” Something as simple as “she walked to the other side” can be a lot more productive in setting a scene if you give it a little more: “she trudged through the mud, soaking her pants up to her knees, just to get to the other side.” Just adding a few simple things to a sentence can make a world of difference, and you can convey both the environment this way, as well as the way the character feels about it.
If you feel like you’re not that good at writing descriptions, I have a couple tips and exercises you can try, that helped me out quite a lot.
1. Pick a mundane, average place that people visit frequently (ex: the movies, the park, an arcade, a bowling alley, etc) and spend a page or two to describe it WITHOUT using the main ideas of the place.( ex: if you choose an arcade, don’t mention the video games them selves, coins, tickets or prizes.) When you’re done. Go back and read through it, highlight or mark the place in your writing where you know for certain the place you are describing. If you did well, anyone who reads you piece should be able to figure out exactly where it is set before the scene is over.
2. Describe your favorite place as if you were visiting it for the first time. Everything you experience their is new to you, write about every detail as if it were completely new to you. Now write about that same place as you feel about it now, after many memories have been made there. Compare the two pieces. Highlight and mark the similarities and differences. Watch how the tone changes.
3. Describe a life changing event (ex: a man becoming a father, a women who just achieved her dream job, an older person who just lost their spouse of 40 years) without saying exactly what the event was. Focus on the feeling of the person, and how they see the world now that their life has changed.
If you’re struggling with the description of a particular scene:
1. Map it out. Whether you have actual artistic skills or not, make a little doodle of the environment.
2.Describe it in your own words. If you were a character in your own story, how would you describe your surroundings? When you’re done, you can use this as a helpful guide. Does your character see the same things as you? Do they see them in the same way?
3. Switch view point. Describe the setting from ac different characters view. If you’re writing in first person, try describing it in third person for a while. Play around with different view points, find what works and then go back to the point of view you want to write it from. Use what things you discovered.
Remember that everyone is different, people see things differently. Your character just might not be that observent, which can definitely happen. Not everyone notices every little detail of everything. You don’t need to spend a page to describe the color of the walls perfectly. Figure out what your character would find important, and note that. I personally have one main character that’s very oblibious, they mainly take note of color scemes and decorations, they could care less about how many exits are in the room or what temperature the air is. It’s very frustrating, but I like to let my characters lead, so I describe what they want to describe and what they don’t I let be mentioned briefly I’m the dialogue. As much as I like it, I’ve never been too perfect when it comes to descriptions, so I hope this helps you, and please, if you have any other questions feel free to ask them! :)
omg my comic teacher was talking about tropes and we talk briefly about the ''literally falling in love trope'' and guess what was in the exemple: the drill scene from too far. I really wanted to scream but I kept quiet but my god. And he describes the scene briefly and heard some chuckles and just smiled at us and dsfadfas. It was a very good day. i love amedot sm. sorry i had to tell someone and you're the n.1 amedot i follow ;w;
Is it weird that i feel so touched by this and im nearly tearing up???? :,)
That’s fucking amazing.
HONESTLY THOUGH THE FACT THAT AN AMEDOT MOMENT IS BEING USED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES IN ACTUAL SCHOOL???
Name a more iconic moment in modern animation, I’ll wait.
Also, I love Robert & Willow together. I hope something genuine will blossom between them. I hope that next season the writers will do them justice and not have Robert be completely evil and have Willow choose Liam. I hope will see that we were right that Robert is not the bad guys they are trying make him out to be.
Same, nonnie, same. Robert and Willow had more chemistry in their two scenes back in 3.07 than they had over the course of the entire season with either of their romantic interests. Moreover, they really fit each other, the two most smart, cunning people, that also make each other’s laugh and they would make a great couple.
I’m really hoping the writers will take a chance on them and fully develop their relationship. Can you just imagine these two people that got into a marriage of convenience, determined to not fall in love but end up doing so anyway?? It could be amazing. Plus, I think it would be a great way to show that there’s another side to Robert, one that he keeps buried and tries to pretend doesn’t exist. And that yes, he loves and can love people.
The alternative to that storylive is that, yes, Robert is the villain, Willow is the girl that needs saving and while doing so, Liam falls for her and they end up together. Can you imagine how boring that would be? And just…eww. I’m not here for Kathryn 2.0.
I love Flip Flappers, it has a cute style that reminds me a lot of Madoka Magica, with the sketchy themes and transformations, but in its own beautiful way. The animation is so great too I feel like this anime’s really underrated like look at this beautiful stuff
right away ignore people who measure the strength of a character basing on how many heads they break, or can break
Yeah it’s just sad to witness a character being bashed for such ‘reasons’. I have found it to be really refreshing how Luna is portrayed in the game. Strength comes in many forms, and this kind of strength Luna bears is just something we don’t see so much around, and I really love it. (or at least for me). She’s so selfless and cares for so many things in life. She reaches her breaking points too, and yet proceeds in doing what is right in the end for the sake of the world. It’s a really brave thing to do. She was scared as hell, you could see it in her eyes (the Ravus and Luna scene in Altissia) but through her brother managed to find once more, strength to go on.
Okay but you know what I really loved about the captive prince trilogy, specifically King’s Rising?
The fact that they had a heated passionate moment where they were really angry with each other and were just fuming with hate and THEY DIDNT HAVE SEX
I can’t tell you how many times I have seen ugly scenes in stories where they get in a heated argument and just start having sex and making out and it makes me so uncomfortable?? Like I remember being 13 and asking my parents why this scene was happening. Why are they doing this instead of talking or…what? And being angry and just rough sex to fix it is such a heteronormative thing and I hate it.
So yeah anyways, thanks pacat for having them kick the shit out of each other and then communicate their issues instead of just “fixing it” with rough sex