- Rap Monster: “LOVE YOURSELF: Her is a series following after ‘Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa’ and ‘WINGS’. This album takes the role of ‘seung’ in ‘gi seung jeon gyeol’ and features 11 songs.” (TV Report) (seung: explanation, gi seung jeon gyeol: introduction - explanation - twist - conclusion)
- Rap Monster: “I think this album will become one of our turning points.” (TV Report)
- Jin: “Please love our song ‘DNA’ that contains our DNA.” (Mydaily)
- Suga: “I was greatly surprised when I heard the news about the number of pre-orders. It was 700,000 for the last album and we were very grateful to our fans and everyone who listened to our album then too. This time we thought we shall grow a little greedier and it would possibly reach 800,000 orders, we were greatly surprised seeing the news. I’m grateful that this many people love us. I think the pre-orders represent the trust and love for our music, I’m really grateful.” (Herald Pop)
- Rap Monster: “‘DNA’ contains our message of reconciliation and unite that we want to throw at the society.” (Mydaily)
- [About the meaning of ‘harmony’] Rap Monster: “I think love is an ability. If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love others. I often hear people saying that love is an illusional and vague thing these days. I thought about the method of loving. The time we spend looking into ourselves is getting lesser ad lesser because of smart phones and news media. I consider loving oneself to be the answer to many things. We don’t have the confidence to love ourselves completely, but we want to try and think about that answer. Starting from loving ourselves. That’s how it started. Although we haven’t been able to find that answer yet, we hope we can as we go along with the ‘gi seung jeon gyeol’ series.” (Mydaily, Joynews24)
- [About the whistle sound] Rap Monster: “I and Jungkook did the whistling together but I don’t know which one they used.” (News Inside)
- [About new goals] Suga: “Whenever we receive this question, we always said that our goal is to enter the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The Hot 100 chart actually requires having many albums sold, having songs streamed a lot and another important thing is radio play. This is not easy at all. We are holding expectation whether it will come true this time, but luckily US radio stations are giving us a lot of attention and select our songs often, so we’re carefully placing hope this time. Our album is being sold in the US this time and so many people are showing expectation and attention for us so we want to enter the Billboard Hot 100 chart this time.” (Newsen)
- Jimin: “I really want us to top the digital music chart when the digital album is released. I hope many people will love all of our songs this time as well as give BTS who always attempt new things a lot of love.” (Newsen)
- ‘DNA’ is a song of an uncommonly seen music structure in K-pop, featuring the foreign trendy EDM pop genre and bold use of beat drop. The song contains the message ‘we are entwined by fate from the beginning, we are one from the DNA’. (Newsen)
- Suga: “BTS members and the company staff often hold meetings together. The album concepts are from our thoughts and the producers’ thoughts merged together. When we first debuted, we each were busy making our own music, but now we combine BTS’ thoughts and the company’s ones and come up with the concepts.” (Maeil Kyungje)
- Rap Monster: “I often have meetings and hang out with the company staff. I talk with the producers, including Bang Shihyuk PD. The company keeps an eye on what we think.” (Maeil Kyungje)
- Rap Monster: “I always want to give good influence socially. Whenever I see people who like us, I feel a sense of responsibility. It can be become their inspiration or be left as good impression to them, but I think even mere appreciation like enjoying listening to our music or feeling our dance to be cool can also give good influence. I’m feeling the responsibility to keep offering good influence.” (Newsen)
- Suga: “Music is an extraordinary act that can moves someone. I hope the world will eventually become a world where many people are happy.” (Maeil Kyungje)
- [About ‘GO Rather Than Worrying’] Suga: “These days the young generation uses words like ‘YOLO’ and ‘spendthrift’, and I can’t understand why they use those words that much. We interpreted it from the perspective of BTS (in the song), I hope you would think about why the young generation uses ‘YOLO’ and ‘spendthrift’ while listening.” (Mydaily)
- [About ‘DNA’ music video] Suga: “We emphasized on the fancy impression to portray the feeling of falling in love. I was amazed every time I see the music video filming set, because it was so beautiful. I feel good since the result will come out great.” (Sports Joseon)
- Jin: “‘Best Of Me’ is a great song to listen to with lyrical melodies. This song was mixed by a partner who works together with The Chainsmokers. I hope many people would listen to it.” (Sports Joseon)
- Rap Monster: “There’s a famous performance in which president Obama dropped his mic to wrap up the new year speech. It was one of the performances that hold the meaning ‘My speech was good, right?’. ‘MIC Drop’ is a track connected with it. It features a lot of our swag and ambitions and was inspired by president Obama’s speech.” (Seoul Kyungje)
- [About collaboration with Seo Taiji] V: “He gave us support and told us that it’s our era now. I can truly feel that it’s an honor to be able to perform together with such a legendary senior singer.” (Mydaily)
- Jin: “Seo Taiji-sunbaenim told me that I can call him ‘father’. I was grateful that he used the word ‘Seo Taiji and Sons’.” (Mydaily)
- Suga: “I call him ‘hyungnim’. He’s way younger than my father.” (Mydaily)
- [About why the start of the series is ‘seung’ (explanation) and not ‘gi’ (introduction)] Suga: “When we consider the process of falling in love as ‘gi seung jeon gyeol’, I think the stage where we are the most immersed in love would be ‘seung’, so the album started as ‘seung’. There will come a moment when you understand why ‘seung’ comes out now if you follow our album sequence in the future.” (Mydaily)
- Rap Monster: “I think a lot about where our goal should be. When we first debuted, I couldn’t even think of working together with The Chainsmokers. Performing at the Gymnastics Stadium was our goal before debut, but now all kinds of unimaginable proposals are coming from inside and outside of our company. I’m curious about how far we can go. Our abstract goal is to climb up to the top and leave a milestone in the history like how PSY-sunbaenim did.” (Mydaily, Joynews24)
- Suga: “We followed the path of the senior singers and now we too need to build that path and advance further. I hope we can build better paths with better sides of us.” (Joynews24)
- BTS: “Although figures are important, we want to show good music and good performance.” (Joynews24)
niall always talks about the other boys and we know he loves them but do you know what makes me really happy? that he always knows what the other boys are doing. He saw harry’s music video when it came out, he read louis’ interview and he knew about the mick jagger thing that harry did and he didn’t watch/read these things because someone showed him the videos or articles in an interview..no he probably watched the videos at home or maybe he read louis’ interview when he was on a plane idk all i want to say is that he genuinely loves the boys and he always knows what they’re doing and i’m sure he bought every song on itunes to support his boys and i love him so much
Exo: shimmie shimmie kokobop; high af mv; every other song on the album is a bop; i have no idea how this album/mv has a connection to the war; awful hairstyles; too many vibrant colors; what’s going on with lay; still not enough sehun lines
Bts:not today happened; love yourself is happening; seriously who can keep up with all those insane theories; every western artist want to collaborate with them; gyeonwo chong jojun balsa; still waiting for them jin lines and screentime; let jhope hold another v live without asking for other members
Ikon: alright since my earlier post ikon and winner totally switched positions; ikon where? somewhere in the basement; give them proper promotion; no more badass hiphop comebacks pls; i miss the team b era; i feel like all their predebut tracks were better; b-day is alright; btw what the hell are these new stage names; EVERYONE I LOVE IKON DON’T HATE ME
Got7: all their songs feel like a mess musically; give them songs that showcase their talents; something like the latest jj project release; bitch we had to wait 5 years for that jjp masterpiece; i honestly like trilogies but not got7’s; why y’all think jackson’s gonna leave got7; hard carry by monsta x is still hilarious
Winner: so yg rememberd they exist; i absolutely love their newer side (really really, island); thank you for not having a summer ballad; have you people realized what a gem jinwoo’s voice is; happy for namtae for his new band; sorry for namtae for struggling with mental illness; leave the boy alone don’t hate him for no reason; dude is really really an artist
Day6: thank you for spoiling us with good music every month; although i prefer their debut era, i think this is their true sound; but songs sound a bit same; still underappreciated; miss their buskings; thought jae is gonna take a longer twitter hiatus but gladly no; miss his hashtags; stop bullying wonpil 2k17; still no lines for dowoon
Astro:baby was not my style; but eunwoo is still a living god; stop growing sanha 2k17; still waiting for a more mature concept; mature, not sexy, no need to reveal anything; although they did it already
Seventeen: maaan their al1 album once again is a masterpiece; so mature; love the hiphop units new sound; the choreo dang; did you pay attention to joshua’s part? that dance is wow; minimal rap i like it; wainting for european dates within their world tour; hoshi rocked the orange hair; and woozi the red; too much hair damage
Vixx: they are one of my bias groups but not gonna lie, i hate shangri la; although a unique concept; use airconditioners or fans or whatever when they’re performing, no more fainting pls; but the lr comeback is here; such a 180 turn from beautiful liar; aesthetic mv; listen to beautiful night(?) it’s amazing; lr is amazing
Shinee: nothing new for them; thought they were one of the few groups without scandals; guess what i was wrong; take care onew; they need a comeback asap
Infinite: nothing since last october; hoya pls sign that contract ir i’m gonna flip tables; infinite with a unique sound and choreography; the choreo needs hoya; don’t want them to enter military, no, not yet; pls have an ot7 comeback
Monsta x:beautiful happened, shine forever happened BUT WHERE IN DAFUQ IS THEIR FIRST WIN????; a lipton commercial summer bop happened; tho i have no idea what does the title have to do with the song; from zero happened, i NEED a studio version; hyungwonho happened; monsta x in hungary didn’t happen; monsta x ray is happening, throw an oscar at them for that drama; i need more hyungwon and siwoo; starship why releasing that dating statement when noone knew anything; let them rest; hyungwon is officially a viral meme; mosta x still happens, hyungKwon also happens
Bigbang:gd’s solo is perfect; another scandal and shit; military service; that’s it
B.A.P: the cover of their latest japanese album is gorgeous; what are those awful hairstyles once again; i was too scared to check out yongguk’s solo; b.a.p in hungary happened; i wasn’t there; i love daehyun’s voice; hope zelo is not growing anymore
Block B: i’m not sure what’s up with them; but block b in hungary happened; without po; and i wasn’t there; miss their older stuff; i want more bastarz; still perverts; still business partners
NCT: not sure where nct 127 is going; cherry bomb was awful, a real mess; if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands is still stuck in my head; wardrobe and hairstyle were better this time; i love nct dream; the chorus from we young is so familiar; sounds like the theme song in the pc game insaniquarium; miss jaemin; where’s nct u; and hansol; give love to doyoung; let mark rest for god’s sake
Pentagon:critical beauty was so weird yet visually satisfying; but this album was my least favourite from them; that wooseok and e’dawn pairing tho; missed yanan; why is there that right before promotions a member is getting injured; triple h happend for good; e'dawn is hot with a lot of tattos; never and energetic are bops; thank you hui
Btob: still so weird; everyone going solo; ballads are in the past bops are back; movie was not my style
Highlight: yaaay they have a new name; i legit thought it’d be bea5t; rookies yet swiping up them music show trophies; sometimes people still call them beast; i was hoping the fandom name was gonna be highlighters
Super Junior: i was anticipating their autumn comeback; but no sungmin; thank you k-„fans”; i’m so happy d&e are back from the military; please love the china line
Nu’est: my babies they are finally getting the spotlight they deserved since their debut; thought pd101 was not gonna do justice for them but hell it did; best choice ever; minhyun finally got a first win; soon is gonna nu’est w; love the meaning behind w; still fucking salty the nation’s producers forgot about jonghyun in the last minute
Ftisland: the more i know them the more i don’t wanna know them; love their freedom in everything-wise; the biggest perverts omg; why were y’all sleeping on wind when it was so important for them and it’s beautiful; sometimes i feel like they want to prove that they are relevant; and they are; 4757857+ years more together pls; WHY DID I SAY PUPPY WAS BAD IT’S A FUCKIN’ BOMB; ftisland in hungary is happening AND I’M FUCKING GONNA BE THERE; jaejin i’m coming
Cnblue: i want to like their korean music but I don’t; last time i forgot they’re giants; yonghwa solo
SF9: 2 comebacks within 2(?) months; bururengnya; the jungle game choreo is jawdropping but it’s not fit for a choreo; easy love was wow; kinda sounds like old kpop; too many taeyang lines; where are jaeyoon’s
KNK:sun moon star was meh; rain is also not my favourite but the mv is wonderful; how to be that extra as they are
Teen top: god dammit love is was pure perfection; it totally gave me old kpop vibes; the dance was on point as expected; like the footwork once again; welcome back teen top
Wanna one: ongniel, winkdeep; jinhwi; jaehwan x minhyun etc, so many ships; wanna one go is hilarious; sungwoons grandfather is amazing; teach jaehwan how to clean; that psychotic laugh tho; i’m still burn it up team; weekly idol with them is… a mess; breaking tv show rating records; god how many music show wins they have already; there is so much more but it’s not a how I see wanna one post
Boyfriend: they just had a korean release; was it a comeback or what; i do love monsta with all my heart but boyfriend still exists if anyone needs a reminder; their evolution throughout the years is insane; they own a special place in my heart cuz they were the group who made me fall in love with kpop; so thank you boyfriend, thank you i yah, thank you hungary, thank you music channel
N.flying: i don’t know much about them, but the real is a great song; go check it out now; the mv is hilarious; i don’t recall whether i ever laughed at a music video; that plot twist omg; jang moonbok as a mermaid; clap clap; if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands
So I just decided to make another ‘How I see kpop groups’ with the same groups, but it’s an updated version. I mean no harm with any of my statements and I think this time I was pretty positive (with a little sarcasm). Last time a I got a few hate comments about my Ikon statements so yeah. I love them. And this time I wasn’t shameless with group promo. I have a link to every song I mentioned so if you don’t know what/who I’m talking about then click the links. Hope it’s as fun as last time. And sorry if I was biased with some groups. Enjoy! :3
Never judge someone too fast ! They know what they do =)
A tribute to John Scatman - The Scatman !
I love this artist and I often listen to this song when I animate, it gives me so much energy !!!!
And wow !! I’m really happy to see that videos gives you as much fun and happiness as the GIFS I post, definitely have to post more for you ! Using the music and the rythm to tell a story is always great !
Minhyun is a resilient, brave and motivated individual who always strives to be the best version of himself that he can be. Minhyun is a champion who works hard to overcome stigmas, replacing comments like ‘worst dancer’ to 'he dances really well!!’ He is diligent, diplomatic and most of all pure at heart; Minhyun’s kindness knows no bounds.
There’s a reason he gained so many fans whilst on Produce 101 and it’s not just because of his visuals but because he overcame adversity and he fought and he showcased his talents elegantly. Even when he falters and he stumbles, Minhyun gets back up again and carries on. It’s what he always has done. Minhyun knows how to handle difficult situations tactfully so that there is the best outcome for everyone, not just himself.
Minhyun thinks about others a lot and his selfless nature is what the other NU'EST members have always appreciated. He gives to others more of him than he even realises. He’s thoughtful and considerate but most importantly-Minhyun is always positive. When things get hard, he goes headfirst with a positive attitude. In NU'EST, he is the 'happy virus’. He is a beacon of light and he shines radiantly, whatever he does.
When Minhyun is upset, when something is bothering him, it’s not always obvious but sometimes there are tell tale signs. He might go quieter or he might come across a little reserved…but he doesn’t bottle things up because he knows he’s loved and he knows he has people he can turn to. Minhyun understands himself well. He can keep himself together even when he’s having a hard time. It’s not that he doesn’t want to show weakness, it’s more like he doesn’t want to burden others by showing an unhappy side, so he channels it healthily into exercise and hobbies. When he is alone, he can unravel himself and simply 'be’ and that’s why he likes going to movies alone or reading novels quietly in his room.
Every so often though, he will seek the company of a friend and that’s when he turns to the other members. Minhyun likes playing games with the other NU'EST members and watching movies with them and learning more about musical composition with them and joking around with them and eating ramen with them and going on spontaneous adventures with them and learning new languages with them and-
Minhyun needs all of NU'EST.
Even though he initially became a part of NU'EST, somewhere down the line NU'EST became a part of him. Knowing that promoting in 'Wanna One’ means being away from the other NU'EST members isn’t just sad because he’s being away from his brothers, but he’s going to be away from those people he has leaned on for support for the past 6-8 years. Ever since they were trainees, Pledis Boys worked hard together at a young age and formed a strong, honest bond of love and compassion for one another. Promoting without the NU'EST members, being apart from them for 2 years will be like losing a huge part of himself…and to be the leader of another group? It’s inconceivable especially when Minhyun has only followed JR diligently since the start.
The only other time Minhyun cried so openly is when JR wrote a letter during a Japanese live about how sorry he was that he hadn’t done enough for NU'EST and ㄴㅇㅅㅌs. Minhyun cried then because JR was vulnerable, upset and feeling shameful about his lack of leadership when Minhyun knew all too well how hard JR works for everyone. Minhyun doesn’t cry for himself, he cries for others. Seeing the people he cares for and loves deeply suffer hurts him most.
Minhyun cried today, not for himself but for his fellow NU'EST members.
Today, we saw Jonghyun, Minki and Dongho eliminated from the final Produce 101 season 2 line up whilst Minhyun achieved 9th place. Minhyun cried not for his own achievement but because he had to stand there, alone, whilst his fellow members cheered his success on whilst hurting inside. He was miserable because he felt like he had cheated them by succeeding even though we all know how hard he worked and how well he has done to gain more recognition. He felt like he didn’t deserve to be there without the other NU'EST members. He was vulnerable today, the most vulnerable we’ve ever seen him.
Minhyun doesn’t do crying…not unless someone he loves is suffering.
If you’ve supported NU'EST and Minhyun so far, I hope you’ll continue to support them all, whatever the uncertain future holds. Let’s continue to help ALL of NU'EST rise. Purchase and stream their songs on places like Mel0n and Genie, buy physical copies from places that contribute to the Hanteo chart, watch their music videos, share their music with others, share your experiences with NU'EST with others-just use this opportunity to spread as much love about NU'EST as you possibly can because during this fragile period, this is the best thing we can do.
Let’s prevent Minhyun from suffering and crying again…let’s not let any of NU'EST have a reason to cry again…
“I guess, if I had to say a country star then…maybe Keith Urban? I don’t mean that in a flirtatious way. Keith’s just so talented and so good with a guitar. [He is] so in love with his wife, and well, that’s sexy.” - Carrie Underwood on who she thinks is the hottest county music star.
I don’t think we give Taylor enough credit for how much attention she pays to us. Sure, she gets on and likes our posts and reblogs and interacts, but she knows literally everything. She knows what kind of Merch we’d want, so she makes it happen. She knows we’re into lyrics and production of the songs she writes so she gives us a series about how they were created. She knows we will look for the symbolism in everything she does, so she plants a million Easter eggs in her music videos for us to find. She knows us just as well as we know her, and she caters to us in a way no other celebrity out there has. She loves us just as much, if not more, than we love her, and I think that’s really gorgeous.