Today’s speedpaint, may notice a star wars theme here hehe. Even though there’s mistakes in this one I really like how it turned out, I’m enjoying trying to capture as much as i can with as few brush strokes.
i drew these requests forever ago and originally didn’t really like how they turned out but i decided to fix them up so! here they are now! thank u to anyone who requested anything, i’m sorry about the wait! ><
changed the colors to all pink, i like it better this way! :v
I was tagged by amazing @destinyapostasy and @elvenbeard to post 5 pieces of art I like the most and oh boy it was hard. Obviously, there is lots of Dorian in here hehe.
I don’t believe I actually ever posted the first one so here it is. It’s part of something bigger. Then there is this overwatch comic that I’m still proud of my own humor haha. Rotoscope… I was torn to put it in here because it’s just a redraw of an actual gif, not really the highest levels of creativity or skills lol but I love how it turned out and would like to try my hand at more. My first animated comic and Dorian face because I love his lips so much ;D
This picture wanted my soul. (See what I did there? Hehe) OMG, freckles and scruff and eyelashes… this was so difficult! But I wanted to do Jensen justice and in the end, I am super happy with how this turned out. He is just stupid pretty, ugh.
This is NOT a Photoshop filter, every stroke is painted by me.
How I minimize distractions during finals (Part 1 of 3):
Note: These are the tips and tricks I used, and they worked for me. It may or may not work that well for you, but I do hope you figure out a way. Thanks for reading!
Social media and phone
1. Uninstall facebook from my phone. I have a couple of facebook groups I have to visit to access class lectures and tests and questions etc so I only access it from my laptop, and how I manage to keep that time to a minimum I will discuss below in my point for tracking your study time. Basically, I have no access to facebook, or twitter, from phone.
2. Uninstall snapchat. This was a no-brainer, I would waste a lot of time just flipping through someone’s story. As entertaining as it can be, or your way to keep in touch with someone, it can wait till after finals. Or, if you are doing this in the long run to minimize distractions then these people can surely keep in touch with you through other ways.
3. Log out of my personal instagram. I have another account that I use exclusively for my studying progress, planning, step stuff, random med school related things. And I follow exclusively med students from around the world sharing a common or similar goals or just studygrams/studyblrs. Whenever I log in I either feel guilty for not studying as everyone else is on my timeline (hehe) or I use it to log how much I studied/ask for advice etc or use it for like 10 minutes after a study session.
4. Turn off notifications for instagram, tumblr, whatsapp etc. Like, permanently. I literally don’t get any notifications from any app, the whole day, except emails and texts (my friends don’t text, we just use whatsapp). I am not inclined to open these apps or waste my time on them.
I am blissfully unaware of any messages/notifications etc, unless I open the apps during my break. You can turn on flight mode if you get calls or text regularly, during your study sessions.
4. Use timelog lite to track how much time I spent studying. Or whatever time tracking app you like. I’d like to point out that the number of hours spent studying is not an indicator of how much you know or should know or how well you did. Always remember, it’s quality over quantity. 1 hour spent studying something well is better than 5 hours spent doing something passively. The time tracking is exclusively for you to see where your time went all day. And how many hours you spent wasting your day or not being productive. I don’t count eating, making food, showering etc, and lying down (because I am utterly exhausted) as time wasted. Those are well earned haha!
Coming to how this app helps in minimizing social media time, I mentioned how I use facebook to only access study materials. Well, I normally need the questions and class lectures during my study sessions. So, I go to the facebook group and download/read material. Now, I am tracking my study time. Right? I know that every minute the app is tracking should be productive so I’m extra vigilant about not doing anything but studying. Another trick could be to bookmark facebook groups that you need to access, so you don’t see the homepage.
5. Turn off Wi-Fi during study sessions. At least for my phone. My laptop is used to google terms, clear up whatever I didn’t understand, and as mentioned earlier to access study materials so I don’t turn off internet there. I am still not inclined to waste my time or browse social media, even if I access my laptop during a study session, cause I am tracking my time! I gotta stay true to it, or there’s no point of doing any of these really.
I use hyperlapse (apple| android) to record study
sessions. This is something I started out to see what a study hyperlapse would look like, and now it just helps me keep more focused. For me, the advantage is the same as the time tracking app. I
do nothing but studying in my study session, therefore, the video records me
only studying or revising. I delete it after a few days cause I don’t see the
point in keeping them. They all look nearly the same haha!
Part 1 (social media and phone), Part 2 (planning my month, week, and day), Part 3 (what I do during study sessions) (links will be updated as posts go live)
since Tumblr can only hold eight photos, here’s my process reduced to eight steps. there’s a lot more fussing and changing and adjusting that goes in, but this feels like a good overview.
and here’s some bonus back story! X3 hehe~ i was really frustrated with my work last week… i honestly felt like maybe it was just time to move on and do something totally different. like it was just time to pack in my character work and go back to being a graphic designer. i kept starting new things over and over and over again and throwing them away. i felt very defeated. i was drowning my sorrows in coke zero and k-pop videos when i decided to just draw some self indulgent garbage to make myself feel better, regardless of how it might turn out looking. and i had no idea that it’d turn into this! XD
so when you’re thinking~ “why Pidgy… why did you dress those beautiful boys so stupidly?!?!” (7O [ ]O)7 it was the k-pop dood! i was under the influence! have you seen the ridiculous/awesome clothes they wear?!?!? it’s FABULOUS! and i didn’t start drawing this thinking that i’d ever post it! HAHAHA!!! but it just worked out so smoothly! (O v O) <3 and i felt myself feeling again like i knew i could - and new i wanted to - improve! I AIN’T GIVING UP YET!!!! (> A <)
so yeah… (^ v ^);;; it’s a bit silly, and very colorful! hahaha! but~ i really tried my best to do new things and put my best foot forward… so i hope some of you enjoy it! i still have so much more i want to do! (O w O) <3 <3 <3