Do you have any tips for editing?
i’m… not the best person to talk about this? i hate 80% of what i make tbh. but i guess
- always make them for yourself, because you want to and it’s fun. it’s never good when it’s just stress and headache tbh
- don’t get disappointed if it doesn’t get many notes, it happens
- if you’re starting out and don’t feel confident with ps or any other program you use, know that you will get better with time
- be clever while posting and using the tags, only the first five will actually show up in that tag
- pinterest is really good for finding pics (here’s mine) since people already make lots of boards for characters/books and it makes it easier to find specific pics (i also follow some people with amazing lit/aes boards if you wanna check them out). there’s also weheartit, but it mostly just annoys me lol
- if you’re making edits using pics you found in the internet, don’t try to make money with them and don’t put adds on your blog. as far as edit makers are concern, it’s okay to use pics (unless the owner of the rights specifically tells you not to) we find, but they’re not legally ours so we can’t make any sort of money with it (and that includes putting ads in the same blog you post the edits, i studied about this in college and you can actually go to jail for breaking owner rights)
- make them on the ~right~ size: tumblr’s current post width is 540px, so graphics and picspams with 540px width will most likely not look blurry. with covers/posters/etc, try making them a lot bigger than just 270px (i make mine with 500x700px) and they’ll look better
- you can always tag people (myself included, #alekzandermorozova) in your edits! but maybe ask them first just in case? also some people track something else other than their urls so check it with them first. and you can always tag me in anything! also tag us in the first five tags or we might miss it
- don’t use parts of other people’s edits, or if you find a pic that’s already been edited, maybe try to find the original one via google search or just another pic in general? it’s really upsetting to see someone else’s using your edit and claiming as their own when it took you so long to edit it tbh
- and please, please, do not whitewash under any circumstances! it is never okay and it’ll just make people dislike you tbh (also if you ever make soc edits please remember nina zenik is fat and beautiful and proud, sorry i just had to say this)
- also if you search ph help/ps tutorials/etc on tumblr, lots of helpful blogs will show up, and they have tutorials for everything from the basics to the most complex parts
- or i’d say playing around with the program is the better way to learn tbh, that’s how i learned (not that i know much). also, i use gimp (it’s like ps but free and i actually love it, ps just annoys me lmao) so if you ever use that and have any questions, hit me up and i’ll try my best to aswer them!