Tagged by @learninglinguist
1. When did you realize you had fallen in love with your target language?
Probably a week into my French class. I was fascinated with the culture and everything about it. It did help that my teacher was fun and you could tell he loved teaching AND he knew what he was doing. But then he ditched us to become deputy headteacher and I was so upset.
2. If you could choose to have any animal for a pet, which one would you pick?
Any animal? Then elephants. Those poacher bitches need to stop killing them.
3. What is a grammatical concept you found/find difficult to understand?
LOL can I say all of them? Listen, I still struggle with grammar concepts in English and that’s my 1st language.
4. At what time during the day do you feel the most productive?
5. Describe your hometown using one sentence.
Boring? You have to drive everywhere and the public transport is a mess. I miss England sometimes.
6. Have you ever felt at home abroad?
I am abroad 😭. England is my home but lmao yes, I have a lot of family in Jamaica and that always feels at home.
7. What is a habit of yours you find annoying?
Second guessing myself.
8. What do you consider to be your best trait?
I honestly don’t know. I’ll have to think about this one…
9. Is there a song/ movie/ animation that you can’t help but associate with your childhood?
Disney movies for sure and also Power Rangers.
10. You get to tell your favourite celebrity a single sentence. What will it be? (and who would you tell it to)
My favourite celebrity right now is Candice Patton (iris west on the flash) and I guess I’d tell her something about admiring her strength because she gets a lot of racist shitheads attacking her and I love her for being an iconic black woman.
11. What is the first thing you notice about a person you meet?
I try not do that very often so I don’t know…
1. What was the last language you started learning? (Even if you dropped it)
Korean but I did drop it to focus on French alone.
2. Do you play an instrument?
I sure don’t.
3. Where in the world would you be most happy?
In my bed but maybe at Disney.
4. Do you think that your TL will help you get a good job? Or do you prefer them to be a by-side thing?
Speaking a second language is always a plus but erm where I am yes! Creole, Spanish and English are the “official” languages where I live.
5. If you ever have children, will you teach them your target languages?
BIG IF! But if I’m confident enough at that time then why not.
6. Did you grow up as monolingual or bilingual? Do you wish that it had been different?
Monolingual and I wish I grew up speaking another language, le sigh.
7. What’s the last book you read and what language was it in?
Shit, erm can’t remember the last but most memorable is the Cupcake Brown one and it was in English.
8. Do you have friends near you who speak more than one language?
Yes, some speak creole and some speak spanish.
9. What is/are the official language/s of your country?
English and Spanish (fucking accept it america) but to be honest, each state is different.
10. Have you ever been to a city where they speak one of your TL?
They speak creole where I live and that’s a form of french but it’s not the french I wanna learn. I pick up on a few words here and there.
11. Have you ever tried to teach your native language or one of your TLs to another person?
Me teach? Lmao I can’t even teach myself. One day though.
It won’t let me tag anyone 🙄so anyone do this if you wanna…