Ok, so another langst AU.
But I hope it isn’t too tragic. Let’s go by Soul Bonds AU.
- Souls are bound to body and quintessence is part of it, something like strings which connect these two parts.
- And Lance was born during storm with such low amount of quintessence, that his soul can’t stay attached to him. But Blue Lion (bless her) saves him by sealing their quintessences. That makes him quite weak child and his family (mainly his mother) worries about him so much, but no-one knows what’s wrong with him.
- So he stays under supervision of docs, sometimes goes for some test etc.
- But it isn’t the end of drama. Because, yeah, he nearly died the day of his birth, but still. He lives in Cuba, Blue is somewhere in the cage. That’s pretty long distance and to maintain their connection is hard as hell I’m sure of it.
- SO there are many obstacles in Lance’s life. Nothing major i think (maybe?).
- Being so far from Blue makes flow of the quintessence harder and it isn’t smooth as it should be
- Lance is quite often spacing out, gets absent-minded out of the blue or can’t focus during classes. He also has problems with memory. And he knows he is different. He feels as he has somewhere deep down in him some puzzle piece which doesn’t fit. He can’t fix it. Sometimes he’s craving for something, but he doesn’t know for what. He wants to go to the stars, but wants to stay with his family. He needs to fly, but to keep grounded as well. His life is just list of contrasts, and it doesn’t make sense for him. In his dreams he sees galaxies, planets and many wonderful things, but he couldn’t remeber most of them in the morning.
- One day, docs suggested that maybe changing environment could help. His parents were thinking about moving out for a long time now, so it only fastened whole process.
- They moved to US ofc. And that was the moment when EVERYTHING CHANGED. Lance was like whole new person, full of energy, childish ideas and creativity bomb. Yes, he still has his moments, but they aren’t so frequent as before. Somewhere here he meets Hunk, because he worked during holidays in his mother’s flowershop (my other fav AU~)
- And they go together to Garrison. And that was the best time in Lance’s life. Because he doesn’t have any problems so far. Sure, he needs to study more, he didn’t make it to fighter class (yet), but he feels amazing, his mind is so clear and like he finally found his place in this world. He still feels that something missing, some hole in his chest, but it’s bearable.
- Sometimes he also “hear” voice. It calls him without words in calm and friendly tone. But he doesn’t know what it means.
- Time flows and there is the beggining of the series.
- The moment team Voltron finds Blue is one of the most important. Finally after so many years, Lance feels whole, this faint presence in his mind was Blue all this time. And he feels free. He can breathe again, he doesn’t choke on nothing, this burden on his shoulders is gone now.
- Blue tells him everything only after whole Sendak’s attack on Castle. Because how he could be so reckless, her Paladin who she tries so hard to keep with her? And suddenly everything makes sense to Lance, all these years of weird feelings, moments of self doubt. All this time the world doesn’t want him. It constantly tries to push him out of the way, to the beyond and only Blue keeps him here.
- But if he has so good connection to his Lion (heck, they’re literally bounded), why he can’t unlock their whole potential?And Blue knows the answer. Because Lance is rejecting her. They can be connected, but if Lance can’t accept himself, then he won’t be able to control all her powers.
- But how he can do it if even the universe doesn’t accept him? He couldn’t save the world, which doesn’t want him in it. But he will try nonetheless.
Maybe I will make part 2 one day :’D