- i can never stress enough how you all should be watching crazy ex-girlfriend.
- i gather it’s for free on the cw app
- i gather netflix uploads the episodes weekly in most regions
- it has everything tumblr claims to desperately want and yet its fandom is made of like three people.
- drop the “sexist title” bullshit and try to actually watch: the entire show is about deconstructing the “crazy” world by dealing with a young woman with untreated anxiety and depression. yes, anxiety and depression.
- and yet the writing is so clever for some reason it feels bittersweet rather than intoxicatingly sad
- it’s not about romantic/sexual relationships. there are those, but they’re just a means to explore the female protagonist’s life and journey.
- you get anti-heroes. because you don’t have to be a man making drugs on a cable drama to be an anti-hero. you have to be deeply fucked up and that’s what these characters are.
- it’s the most diverse cast i’ve ever seen.
- one character gets a number on coming out as bisexual. the word is said multiple times. you don’t like shows shying away from it? fucking watch crazy ex-girlfriend.
- they sing and dance their ass off, and well, and showcasing meta commentaries on storytelling and how even music videos are made. they do pop, rap, rock, old hollywood musicals, you name it. they do everything and they’re brilliant at it. the soundtrack’s online. the music sheets too.
- it’s just overall brilliant. it won the cw a golden globe and two emmys. rachel bloom is out of this world
- rachel bloom also led this anti-trump anthem
- again: cw app and netflix.
ugh i just want michaels head in lap so i can scratch his back and watch his face as he sleeps cause hes probs so cute shakdbsksdf