i honestly never want to hear anyone complain about the divergence from cis/het norms being shoved down their throat ever again. where i am in the grand bible belt of america, near every one of my friends grew up in fear of their peers, their church, their family, & their identity. i was raised with the constant reminder that i was destined for hell, & that the closest i would come to love would be a corrupt imitation of what’s acceptable. every time someone jokingly says “i’m gay,” it’s a damn act of defiance. the incredibly slow & barren increase in representative characters helps to both empower those that can relate & to normalize these identities. you can survive kids becoming comfortable with & proud of who they are if we’ve survived a lifetime of don’t ask don’t tell.
- So many thoughts about chap 14 and yet don’t have the time to write sth long T.T. I’ll just say some main thoughts I have after reading the chapter (spoilers)
- Sangwoo lied about his age, because he also told the old lady that he hadn’t completed his military service. Perhaps they’re talking in Korean age here (which means Sangwoo’s real age is 22 & Bum’s is 26), because if you think about it by years, him being 20 is pretty logical, as I explained here.
- Bum was indeed in a financial situation before getting kidnapped. He might not even have a part time job (and unfortunately that means relying a lot on his abusive uncle).
- The landlady totally didn’t know what she was trying to get her daughter into (lol good thing Sangwoo’s not interested)
- I think Sangwoo just snatched a pair of thrown away crutches from under the telephone pole. Dude didn’t even plan to ‘outdoor test’ Bum that day how impulsive.
- ‘‘Haha have you ever even had sex?’’ confirmed that Sangwoo has no idea about what Bum’s uncle have been doing to him.
- ‘‘There’s still so many things we haven’t done together’’ confirmed that Bum is in for some bigger plan than just lock down & abuse.
- BUM’S NEW DEVELOPMENT remember ‘‘he’s kissing me omg this is what couples do and Sangwoo’s doing it to me! O///O’’?, now it’s ‘‘shopping? isn’t this what couples do? is it alright for me to do this with Sangwoo? -.-’’. Also ‘‘green light pls turn’’. I’m good @y00nbum
- Sangwoo’s definitely back to using threatening words & insults with Bum. But I think he’s not hurting Bum physically atm.
- Woo will probably take Bum to his friends to test him further (about trust and obedience probably). I’ve seen theories saying that Bum will be humiliated, raped, whored out etc but I don’t think sexual abuse is in Sangwoo’s nature. So until I see chapter 15 I’m not too worried about Bum’s safety yet.
(From now on all ks spoilers will be tagged ‘spoilers’ & ‘ks [number]’ so you can blacklist them)
And another thing! How many times were we told this season was more connected than any other? We are missing the last third of a story. Of course shit doesn’t make sense just yet. I get simply pointing out frustrations and inconsistencies, but people are saying this story is bad writing when we are missing ONE THIRD. And the last third of a story is usually when things come together. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat my hat if it really is a garbled mess of a story, but it amazes me how easily people fling themselves into perpetual despair over an incomplete story
i think a lot about how kaz brekker, this monster, this bastard of the barrel, this crook with dirtyhands…offered to give himself up to let everyone else go free. the odds would have been stacked against him yet he stubbornly stood by his choice and said, “i’m giving you a way out. take it.” i want to cry, this boy, he was e x p o s e d in crooked kingdom. coldhearted my ass.
what she means:
why didnt faberry ever happen? quinn was obviously so in love with rachel. in season one, theres a shot of quinn drawing an ugly drawing of rachel and yet she adds hearts around it? rachel always looked out for quinn, especially during the pregnancy. she gave away a pair of her panties just so the school paper wouldnt write about quinn being pregnant. in season two, in the scene at prom where quinn slaps rachel across the face, she feels so sorry afterwards. and even though shes just besn slapped, rachel wipes away quinns tears and holds her hand. like what the hell? when rachel wants to get her nose job, quinn is the only one who takes her seriously. shes the one who goes with rachel to the plastic surgeon and is supportive of rachel's decision. plus, it was quinn's nose that rahcel wanted. and in season three, quinn says the words "you were singing to finn, and only finn, right?" like she wants rachel to be singing to someone else, ie, her. how gay can you be quinn fabray? and quinn is so adamant about not wanting rachel to marry finn. she tells rachel that shes a star and doesnt need to hang onto the boys in high school, that she needs to let go and be her own person. quinn is the only person who truly recognizes rachels talents and capabilities and appreciates her drive and ambition. plus, quinn gives rachel metro passes so that the two of them can keep in touch. after giving her the passes, the two hug, and the pain in quinn's eyes is so clear. her gay little heart was in love with rachel throughout the entire series and yet it was never explored.
“Are you taking name suggestions yet?” “From you? I’m afraid to.” “For a boy, I’m thinking…Santi Jr. For a girl—” “Lemme guess…Santi Jr.?” “I was gonna say…Chyna Danaerys…Cheetarah. Two middle names, like royalty.” “Santi, I’m not naming my offspring after a female wrestler, or a Game of Thrones character, or…what was that last one?” ”Thundercats.” ”Absolutely no Thundercats names.” “Oh, c’mon!”
You Take The Hit, I’ll Take The Blame (Ginny/Mike)
I need about 100 fluffy and or smutty Bawson fics ASAP, but as for now, here’s a post-1x10 oneshot.
This is his fault.
In the beginning, he had a bad habit of trying to protect
her. Of riding in on his white horse, as it were, to save the day. It started
when he called out the team by saying she worked harder than all of them,
looking around at guys who had already given up two months into the season.
It came to a head during the beanball game, where he did
everything to dissuade her from wading into the shit. She is doing something
incredible here, and he’ll be damned if anything gets in the way of that.
The most obvious part was a vast, echoing quiet made by things that were lacking. If there had been a storm, raindrops would have tapped and pattered against the selas vines behind the inn.
Reminder that Kote planted Selas flowers behind the waystone inn…… and is probably forced to keep a very close watch on them since they’re very hard to grow…….. How many hours has he spent grooming and taking care of this plant while thinking about Denna? Does he talk to it? Does he ever daydream about Denna somehow coming to the inn and seeing them?
i love words. i love the power they have on people. you can so easily make or break a person with the right combination. you can use them to mean so many different things. you can use words to say something that other people haven’t figured out how to say yet. words mean so much. literature is so powerful. prose is so powerful. poetry is so powerful. the conversations we have on a daily basis are so powerful. words are the most powerful thing because words are everything. but yet, sometimes they just aren’t enough.