Submission from @helthehatter
When me and my friend were watching BATB17 for a second time we were talking about the Beast’s relationships with his servants. Now imagine:
• The young prince following a late teen/early twenties Lumiere and copying everything he does and says, eventually getting that ‘dramatic’ personality Lumiere told Belle about.
• Cogsworth giving the young prince the detailed history of the castle and the poor boy falling asleep on his feet.
• The young prince pressing an ear against Mrs. Potts’ pregnant belly and asking what she’ll name the baby.
• Plumette taking a break from her cleaning to teach the prince how to dance because the tutors are so scary and aren’t good dancers to begin with.
• Garderobe and Cadenza teaching the prince how to sing and play the harpsichord.
• Chapeau always there to take the prince’s coat or catch him before he falls or help him find his mother because the castle is so big and the prince always feels too small.
• Imagine the staff teasing the prince whenever a pretty little girl caught his eye.
• Imagine the staff singing Be Our Guest on the prince’s birthday.
• Imagine the staff standing by his side at his mother’s funeral.
• Imagine them sadly and reluctantly turning away when he came to one of them with teary eyes and a new bruise.
• Imagine the prince turning cold toward them.
• Because they weren’t just his staff they were his family, and a part of him always loved them.