ace-flux will solace headcanons because ive seen a lot of anti-ace stuff recently:
1) will solace didnt know when it started, just that, for as long as he’s known about [salt n peppa voice] S.E.X., he’s been… more fluid about it. when he’s younger, about the age most people start thinking about this stuff, he figures he’s just got mixed feelings. other people his age are all gungho and loud about it, but he feels.. something else. something less, almost. he doesnt know any of the words for it. it confuses him sometimes. he brushes it off as him just being weird, because its better than the voice inside telling him hes broken
2) he doesnt really date anyone, has a few crushes, but finds himself .. worried. the way he sees it, he only wants them sometimes, even if he thinks he wants them romantically all the time. he tells himself that people deserve better. he tells himself to give up and just be alone. “take one for the team”, so to speak. that is, until nico di angelo comes along.
3) will cant figure out what it is about nico that makes will want to date him so much. when he asks himself, the answer is always “everything”. he’s terrified to let himself be with nico, but he cant help his hands shaking and his breath disappearing when nico is near. he gets so nervous, his entire stomach and chest full of butterflies, that he can barely speak. all he wants is to be close to nico. he sometimes imagine himself and nico falling in love, giggling quietly to himself, before pushing the thought from his head. it always returns, and hes glad for it
4) when he and nico do get together, it doesnt take long for them to say “i love you” and “i want to be with you always”. theyre disgustingly sweet and mushy in private, balancing it out with sarcastic, biting comments in public, both laughing quietly to themselves. nico doesnt like pda, so this is their substitute. will loves it. he loves nico. he loves everything about his life right now.
5) it doesnt take long for them to be intimate, either, despite what most people would assume. will doesnt mind - it excites him, which doesnt happen often - and for a while, he feels like nico has fixed him. maybe they were right, maybe he just hadnt found the right person. until one day, when theyre cuddling and nico starts implying he wants more, kissing at will’s neck and whispering sweet words. and will doesnt feel the same excitement he did before. it makes him so worried, he makes a face and wiggles away a bit. nico pulls back and looks at him in worry. “everything okay?” he asks and will nods and nods, but he’s nervous. its not that he doesnt want nico. hes still in love with nico. but, he doesnt want to be touched right now, not like that, not at all. “im sorry,” he says in a guilty whisper and nico quiets him with a quick kiss to the lips. “dont be sorry. you know we dont have to, right?” will nods, and they go back to cuddling, but will cant help the guilt that creeps in. maybe he’ll always be broken.
6) it happens again and again as they start to become more intimate, and it makes will afraid. he wants to be better. he doesnt want to be this way - he wants to make nico happy. sometimes, he tries to force himself, but nico always notices and puts a stop to it himself. “you arent broken” he promises. “theres nothing wrong with you” but will doesnt believe him. he tries to, knows nico isnt a liar, but cant help but feel.. maybe hes the liar himself, for pretending he could be normal, in a happy relationship with a guy. he wonders why nico hasnt given up on him.
7) it isnt until later, when theyre off at some pride event (both of their firsts, theyre so excited its almost hilarious) and he sees all the different flags that it comes out into the open. will carries a little bi flag, waving it happily, with different trans flag buttons and “he/him” buttons. nico has his own small gay flag, wearing a few small rainbow pins and, thanks to will’s insistence, a huuuge, flamboyant rainbow hat, with feathers and glitter - so much glitter!!! theyre both grinning like fools, holding hands, and staring around like kids im a candy shop. they find people decked to their bones with purple, grey, and black flags and will asks “what flag is it?” so they tell him what asexually is, and his eyes grow wide, smile falling in surprise. “you mean, thats normal?” the people smile at him and nod. they understand. “what if its… only sometimes.” nico rubs circles on will’s fingers and it almost distracts him from hearing the word they say “that would be ace-flux. you can go from sexual to asexual, dont worry. its normal.” ace-flux. ace… will isnt broken. and if he is, then all of these people are too. hes not a freak. “im… im that? im not bad?” they hand him a little ace flag to go with the bi one. “told you so,” says nico, which makes will laugh. no one says anything about how wet it sounds, or about the obvious tears stinging his eyes. they wave and walk away from the other aces, but will doesnt stop thinking about it all day. he’s not broken. he’s asexual.