And another thing I love about Wonder Woman is that it gently introdces some familiar tropes and the quickly shuts them dowm in favor of sincere and meaningful characterisation.
The four male supports are the prime examples:
1. First, you have Steve, the Het White Male and you’re thinking oh I bet he’s a dick, lets get ready for some mild seualisation if not actual sexism. But?? Steve Trevor is a Pure and Good Man who supports and respects Diana and is actualy relationship goals????
2. Then, you have Sameer, and at first you think, oh hell the North African Con Man trope, but it turns out he’s a talented linguist who dreams of being an actor. Beautiful
3. Next you have Charlie, the Alcoholic Scotsman. But it turns out he drinks because he is facing some pretty serious mental health issues, and all his friends support his recovery and care for his emotional wellbeing !!!
4. And then you have Chief, and you’re surprised becasue first of all this is a Native American Character played by a Native American. And then!! He isn’t the Medicine Man, or the Spiritual Guide but a man who had everything taken from him by white people and is just trying to make something for himself. Fucking pUre.
My mom needed the table I was using as my desk, so I took another one from our attic. This one is waaaay bigger, it’s nice to have this much space while studying ~~
In two weeks I got my statistics exam! I still got a lot to do, but I’ll get there!
If you ever feel unprepared for an exam just know that I went into my English Literature exam without reading any of the books and my only knowledge of Frankenstein was the Phineas and Ferb episode about it and I passed.
- don’t beat yourself up for struggling even if you’re doing your best
- you are smart and capable so don’t let laziness stop you from achieving your potential
- stop self sabotaging. that tv show can wait. take a break but don’t become your own obstacle to success. get shit done first
- eating right, staying hydrated and sleeping well are non-negotiable. look after yourself
- grades do not define you so be kind to yourself. but do your best and work hard for what you want