fun filler idea: instead of being banished to the barn, lapis and peridot move into the temple, but this means that they need their own rooms. the main four gems hit the reset switch or whatever to start recalibrating the temple to have rooms for peridot and lapis.
except… the gang get stuck inside the temple as it’s recalibrating. cue a wacky, reality-distorting adventure within the temple! potential highlights:
- “wow this area is really cold and pretty, where are we?” “oh, this is sapphire’s room!” “um, does that mean it’s going to fuse with ruby’s room to make garnet’s? do we want to be in here when that happens?” “…RUN”
- amethyst’s stuff goes everywhere. it all ends up back in her room eventually, but there’s a running gag of them just landing in junk, having random things fall on their heads, etc. maybe some fun visual puns in the mix too.
- amethyst, steven and peridot start actively trying to summon random items with increasingly terrible puns. for some reason garnet is the only person who can get it to work. pearl and lapis are facepalming.
- this gets less funny when pearl’s swords and the bubbled gems go EVERYWHERE.
- “who put a bag of chaaaps in a bubble?” “long story.”
- eventually they end up in rose’s room and are like “maybe we can just hang out in here while this all blows over?” “wow, i can’t believe we’re at the point where this is the room we actually want to be in…”
- of course this doesn’t work because they get like halfway through some video game steven’s conjured up or something and one of pearl’s waterfalls opens right on their heads
- eventually things get settled and they’re in peridot’s room and it’s this high-tech control centre kind of place and peridot absolutely LOVES it. there’s a bunch of spinny office chairs in there and the gang just. leave her there while she spins around on them. “shhhh, she’s having fun, let’s just leave her to it.”
- lapis’s room is kind of like the view from the top of the ocean tower? it’s got a huge projection of the night sky on the roof, and is this gorgeously decorated room with loads of floating platforms. lapis thinks it’s gorgeous. there isn’t a lot of water but there is a bit in case lapis might find it useful (it’s basically a waterslide down to pearl and amethyst’s rooms).