I agree that the Keith and Allura scenes this season seemed forced, especially if the creators are going for romance. Which is annoying bc Shallura can be woven easily into the story w/out taking up screentime: a smile at the end of a scene, some banter here, a pat on the shoulder there, maybe add some googly eyes/blushing. Shallura can be subtext & still work. Whereas the K/allura scenes announce THIS IS ROMANCE and stop any forward motion of the plot or character development.
I understand your pain anon. It’s all gonna be okay. May I present a list of possible shallura scenes that could have been included/will be included in my season two fix-it fic?
- shiro and allura reunion with an actual hug
- shiro and allura arguing over zarkon being the black paladin
- arguing over their differing views on the galra; “you’re not the one they tortured!” “i’m the one who lost my entire people!” + make up hurt comfort scene
- shiro and allura finally addressing the fact that she sacrificed herself to save him
- scenes of their relationship being strained and how that affects the rest of the team
- them working through their issues to be better, stronger co-leaders of voltron
- allura helping shiro with his connection to the Black Lion bc her life force is tied to the lions and she actually knew zarkon before he turned evil!!
- shiro and allura talking about the whole “tracking thing” and him talking her out of leaving the ship because “they might be tracking us through my arm, but you don’t see me going anywhere, do you? the team needs you, allura… i need you.”
- getting backstory about shiro’s family on earth/seeing allura actually grieve her father
- “look, i know i never knew king alfor, but if he was anything like you, he was a great man. i know he’s proud of you, allura. it’s impossible not to be.”
- them talking about the team going into what may be their last battle
- them talking about keith bc of allura’s issues of him and shiro’s support of him and ultimately vowing to look out for him together
- sHIRO SAYING HE WANTS ALLURA TO PILOT THE BLACK LION IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO HIM BC IT MAKES 100000x MORE SENSE
- allura crying when she sees that shiro is gone; her holding his chair was perfection