You burn so bright, I see stars The way that you laugh, it’s like a heavenly choir You made me feel invincible When you’re with me, I can take on the world
Say my name, I’ll be there I didn’t know, you should’ve said that you cared It’s not too late for broken hearts Take my hand, make a wish on a star
You were a comet and I lost it Watching for comets, will I see you again? Everybody needs someone but they can’t feel like this How can I breathe with this burning in my chest? You were gone so fast, I want you back You were a comet and I lost it
Now I see you, I’m frozen in time All your colors burst into life I don’t dare close my eyes Cause a love like this happens once in a lifetime
Glitter is something I’ve seen used in spells quite a bit here on tumblr, so I’d like to offer my beliefs about glitter and it’s purpose in spells and rituals!
Glitter is… well, glittery. It reflects light and makes sparkles. So what happens when you use it in a spell?
It reflects and magnifies auras! It gives potency to energies using color!
The little specks of glitter are like stained glass windows with a mirror inside. Light streams down, hits the glitter, and is refracted back as a very, very tiny burst of colored light and energy. Glitter is good for magnifying auras of spells that are very space-oriented, such as protective jar spells or a candle love spell. You can even put it inside of a clear locket and charm it; the charm will be given a little boost every time the light hits the glitter!
A glitter’s energies will resonate very strongly with it’s physical color, so it’s important to use a color that correctly resonates with your intentions.
╳ Summary: You didn’t know that accidentally being locked in a storage room with Jungkook could turn out to be so fun.
All you wanted to do was go to the mall by yourself and have a relaxing day but no, of course that can’t happen. You were just walking by a store, glancing at a display window, admiring a cute outfit until you heard screams. You quickly whipped your head around to see a swarm of girls coming at you. You had no time to think before you got pushed into the store, the employees freaking out trying to shut the door, and a guy in all black pacing back and forth.
Everything felt soft around you, the mattress that dipped to the curve of your spine, the feathery pillow cradling your head, the comforter tangled around your legs. The air was quiet around you, fingers splaying out against the sheet as your body shifted onto its side, eyes screwing shut as you fought off waking up to no avail. The sunshine began to peel through your lids til you fluttered them open, squinting into the light pouring through the sheer curtains that framed the window across from you. You deeply inhaled, the smell familiar and calming as your eyes flickered around the bedroom, taking in each and every thing you hadn’t seen in so long. The beaten up dresser that needed replaced, the books that were tattered shoved into their shelves, even the neatly folded clothes waiting for you on the trunk at the foot of the bed.
Weekend Hashtag Project is a series featuring designated themes and hashtags chosen by Instagram’s Community Team. For a chance to be featured on the Instagram blog, follow @instagram and look for a post every week announcing the latest project.
The goal this weekend is to create photos and videos that pop with color. Here’s how to get started:
Seek out environments with bright and bold colors that catch your eye. For example, if you attend a concert or parade, get close to the action to capture spirited moments and dazzling props.
For portrait submissions, look for colorful personalities and striking fashion statements that stand out against everyday surroundings.
Make color move with a video or Boomerang submission. Capture a bright painting coming to life, the flashing motion of neon lights or a burst of color emerging in an otherwise bland scene.
PROJECT RULES: Please add the #WHPcolorful hashtag only to photos and videos taken over this weekend and only submit your own visuals to the project. If you include music in your video submissions, please only use music to which you own the rights. Any tagged photo or video taken over the weekend is eligible to be featured next week.
This is part one of two, featuring Genji, Hanzo, McCree, Soldier 76, Reaper, and Torbjorn. Hopefully part 2 will be done and posted tomorrow with the rest of the guys. Going underived a read more because it got a little long
- He probably went looking for you and that was one reason for his being a playboy. He was trying to meet as many people as possible to try and find you
- But he doesn’t meet you until after he found peace from Zenyatta teachings. At this point he’d already given up on ever finding you
- As a cyborg, he gained the ability to see a few colors he couldn’t before
- Part of him worries that he won’t be able to see the addition of new colors when he meets his soulmate
- But it’s not long after Winston recalls everyone from Overwatch and he’s meeting a couple new recruits. He’s shaking hands with them and when he shakes the 2nd to last one the world bursts into color
- Turns out that he didn’t need to worry about knowing whether or not he’d be able to tell when he met you
- The two of you just stand there staring and holding each other’s hand. He’s wondering if you’re put off by his appearance until you throw your arms around him and say “I’ve been looking for you for so long”
- Hanzo is the opposite of Genji. He doesn’t want to meet his soulmate because he knows he has to marry for the good of the clan, no matter who his soulmate (there have Shimada’s who take their soulmate as a lover, but Hanzo wants to give them everything or nothing)
- He meets you anyways, before either of you are prepared for it. He’s dragging Genji out from a party and bumps shoulders with someone. The world bursts into color and both of you stagger
- Genji thinks Hanzo suddenly feels sick, and since he is concerned from him gets him out of there. It isn’t until later when Hanzo has recovered a bit that they realize that it was Hanzo’s soulmate. But neither of them know who it is and Hanzo has no desire to find out or so he tells himself
- The world is color now and it’s makes things more beautiful and more horrific for Hanzo. He can see the color of the cherry blossoms but he can also see the color of Genji’s blood when he kills him
- It’s years later when he finds you again, after he has forgiven himself and joined Genji at Overwatch. They return to Hanamura and this time, when he brushes shoulders with you, the colors don’t appear but they do get brighter. He hadn’t even noticed that in the years since your first meeting that they had dulled
- This meeting goes much better and the two of you have done some not-so-good things in yours lives, but you have each other, finally
- In Deadlock, it was considered a weakness if you looked for your soulmate, or decided to associate with them if you did
- It wasn’t until he joined Overwatch and learned that that wasn’t normal for the rest of the world that the thought of finding you and actually having a life with you crossed his mind
- He started looking for you whenever he could, meeting as many people as possible
- But Overwatch gets disbanded and he goes on run and he still hasn’t found you
- He stops looking because he doesn’t want to drag you into the mess that is his life
- One day he’s running from some cops and he runs into you, literally
- The world bursts into color. That you have pretty hair is the first thing that pops into his mind
- But unfortunately for him, you’re a cop so you arrest him, soulmate or no
- But he breaks out of jail, and of course he doesn’t do the sensible thing and run but shows up at your house and makes you coffee
- You talk to him and at first it’s just a way to stall until you can arrest him again but he’s charming and kind and you just kind of let him go
- He texts you as he travels around the country and calls you when he can. He even visits a couple times. Over time the two of you develop a friendship and then a relationship and when Overwatch reforms you join and you and Jesse get the chance to actually try being a couple
- Spoiler alert: You guys are perfect for each other
- So Jack was probably pretty idealistic when he was younger, so he was very enthusiastic about meeting his soulmate and he looked for you wherever he went
- Years passed and he became Strike Commander Morrison and he gave up on finding you. He accepted that he probably was never going to meet you and he accepted that even though it pained him
- He meets you after he becomes Soldier 76 and he’s fighting Los Muertos. You’re a civilian and he tackles you to block you the gang’s weapon fire
- The moment he tackles you, both you’re visions of burst into color
- He’s been trained to well enough that he doesn’t stop fighting but doesn’t mean he’s not shocked. Immediately after the fight he vanishes again
- You’re shocked that your soulmate is an infamous vigilante
- He reappears that night in your apartment. He doesn’t know what to say but he knows he can’t leave
- You’re still mildly freaking out at his identity. You freak out even more when he tells you he’s Jack Morrison
- He tells you about the fall of Overwatch (as much as he knows anyways). It all comes out in flood, he’s been alone so long that he’s forgotten how good it feels to have someone to trust. And he does trust you, even though he just met you
- You listen to all he has to say. You remember when Overwatch was a force for good and saved the world. You decide you believe him, he’s your soulmate what else are you going to do?
- He stills goes off to try and find out the whole truth of what happened, but he keeps in contact and comes to see you. It doesn’t take long until he’s referring to you’re house as ‘home’ even though after Overwatch fell he said he’d never have a home again
- Gabriel is more idealistic when he was younger so he definitely search wherever he could for his soulmate. But he wasn’t expecting them to find you in the middle of a war zone
- You’re one of the many nurses helping the civilians injured by the Omnic War
- But when both of your visions suddenly turn colorful, you’re more surprised than he is
- You weren’t expecting the great Gabriel Reyes to be your soulmate
- Both of you are very busy with the war but it doesn’t mean that you don’t make as much effort as possible to get to know each
- This relationship continues after he becomes the head of Blackwatch
- It continues right up until the explosion at the Swiss Headquarters when he dies and you’re vision goes back to black and white. Over the next few weeks your ability to see color seems to fade in and out, finally seeming to settle on being able to see a few washed out colors. You don’t know what it means but you’re determined to find out. After all, if you still seeing colors then he can’t really be dead, right?
- You go his funeral, both the public one and the private one for his closest friends. Angela doesn’t meet your eyes at either one
- You spend the next few years secretly looking into what really happened when the base exploded
- Talon notices, and they don’t like it so they send a few agents to ‘deal’ with you. Unfortunately for them, they send Reaper, not realizing that you’re his soulmate (you kept that fact hidden). The moment he realizes it’s you he kills the other agents before you even realize that they’re there. He doesn’t plan on revealing himself to you, but he didn’t know that the closer he got the brighter your vision became (after Mercy revived him he was still able to see in full color). He’s hiding in the shadows behind you when you turn around and say “Gabriel? Is that you?”
- So he reveals himself to you and steps out of the shadows. You stand there, staring at each other until you reach up and gently remove his mask. He looks different, there’s scars and bits of his flesh drift away as smoke, but it’s him and you missed him so much
- You join him in his quest to find out the truth about who betrayed Overwatch. You have to relearn each other all over again, but neither of you really mind
- There’s a reason that Torbjorn seems to be married to his turret
- He met you when you were kids, about 5 or 6. You went to school together and one day playing tag at recess he was ‘it’ and tagged you
- The world burst into color and both of you started crying because it hurt your brains to process all the new colors and neither of you knew what was going on
- It doesn’t take long for the teachers to figure out what happened and call both your parents
- It’s rare to find your soulmate so young, but you’re parents are thrilled that you won’t have to ever wonder who your soulmate is. Plus, both pairs of parents know each other and know that they’re good people
- It takes a few years for you both to realize what being soulmates means, but the two of you have already become friends.
- That friendship only grows as the years go on
- You both join the Ironclad Guild and help design the Titan class omnic (the giant one that Torb is fighting in his comic)
- The two of you are incredibly skilled and talented engineers, some of the best in the world
- One day you head to Russia to act as a consultant for the Volskaya Corp.
- A few days after you’ve left, Torbjorn’s vision fades to black and white, the color slowing draining away. He doesn’t know that you’re bleeding out in the snow in Russia, one of the first victims of the Omnic War.
- A few months later Torbjorn will join the original Overwatch Strike Team to fight back against the omnics
there are seven spirits living in my home with me, and none of them pay rent.
the first one makes the temperature rise in whatever room it is in, until i have to shed my clothing just to be able to breathe. it speaks in a low voice in a way that makes goosebumps rise all over my body. shivers and chills fill me in ways that it hasn’t in so long and the things it says haunts my thoughts, replacing my usual ones with passionate bursts of the color red. the first one has a way of making me feel like it’s inside of me. not in a possession sort of way, but as if it is inhabiting my body and making my blood rush all throughout.
the second one mostly hangs out in my kitchen, so i don’t see it as much. unless it makes an unbelievable amount of noise, forcing me out of my room and downstairs to confront it – only to find food laid out on my table waiting for me resembling the meals i haven’t been able to make for myself in months. it is almost as if the second one knows that living off of a bag of chips might kill me, that heading down to the kitchen alone takes up so much energy that i can’t make myself eat.
the third one is my polar opposite in a way; it throws around the word “deserve” almost as much as i insist i don’t. it knocks over the things i hate, breaking them, and forcing me to replace them and buy something else. something that i actually like. something that will make me happy. i try to tell it that i don’t know what that feels like anymore, that i don’t know what actually makes me happy anymore. that i shouldn’t be frivolous and wasteful. but i think in a past life, the third one was a lawyer because it is very convincing at times.
the fourth one is always in my room, it sits at the edge of my bed and hums softly, sweet lullabies filling the air until i drift off to sleep. sometimes it’ll follow me down to the living room and coax me over to the couch, insisting that i close my eyes and rest. for some reason, the fourth one doesn’t think that laying awake in bed for hours on end doesn’t count as sufficient rest. it’s music is like magic and for the first time in weeks, i can sleep peacefully.
the fifth one and the sixth one are the worst of the bunch. they just have a way of getting under my skin and making me want to explode. going so long without feeling anything, with only numbness coursing through my veins, made me forget what it felt like to be angry or to be jealous, to feel anything other than hopelessness and despair. the fifth one makes me smash plates in rage when thinking about how i haven’t answered anyone’s texts in days. the sixth one makes me cry over people who can actually feel the sunshine on their faces. the fifth and sixth ones make me remember that i am not, in fact, a robot.
and the seventh and final one keeps me company when i can’t sleep at night; when the thoughts are too loud and there isn’t enough music to drown them out. not even the creaking foundation of my home settling can distract me from the fear of failure, the belief of not being good enough, the anxiety of everyday life. the final one is quick on it’s feet; like a boomerang, it’s always ready to fire back and counteract everything i have to say. negatives are met with positives consistently; it’s voice whispers in my ears, so soft and eerie that it sounds like it’s in my own head. like it wants me to believe what it’s saying can truly come from within.
sometimes i almost wish they just wanted to scare me out of my home rather than act as a counselors i never wanted to see. but sometimes, it’s nice to be reminded that it isn’t always as dark as it seems.
A depressed guy moves into a haunted house with 7 demons, each corresponding to a deadly sin. But, they’re all trying to help him get back on his feet - @writing-prompt-s (cc, 2017)
Okay no, that was
dangerous phrasing, he was not dying – not anymore at least – and
those kind of thoughts should be shoved into the scarce parts of his
brain that didn’t work. But he was absolutely, pissing tired.
of at least 72 hours of no sleep and bare minimum of food was
starting to be a bad idea (somewhere in the back of his mind he heard
a voice – ‘Starting to?’ – which
sounded suspiciously like Pepper) and
Tony was hit with the friendly reminder that he was very
much human and on the wrong
side of forty.
few steps to the left, boss. That’s a wall, not the kitchen. To the
right. That’s a painting.”
Thanks, Fri. He
would’ve said it aloud, but blurry edges on his sight combined with
a notoriously LSD-like color burst, dizziness and muffled hearing kind of hindered his ability to speak at the moment. Coffee.
God I need coffee, bowls of it – no, bathtubs of it.
Friday’s aid, Tony stumbled into the common area and headed for the
kitchen. He vaguely registered some murmur, indicating some of his
team – yeah right, team
– was present. Probably catching up with dear
ol’ God of Thunder, who had finally decided to show up for the
fiasco that was Civil War and its aftermath, and Banner. Who Tony
still had yet to talk to, but felt as if he would only turn another
team – ha, team –
member against him.
know, for trying to do things right and failing. Again.
Stark! That’s the rice cooker. The coffee maker is to the left!”
voice sounded a little less farther away than the others, but still
muffled. Tony guessed he was on his favorite bar stool wearing the
Spider-Man mask. Not unusual, his identity was a secret to everyone
but him of all the Avengers. Wonder how Captain Freezerburn
would react if he knew he had fought a 15 year old kid,
Tony thought, even though he himself was still wary of Peter’s
contribution to the superhero troop.
you, kid,” he mumbled in response, because despite everything, this
spider kid was the one good thing in his life. He still didn’t know
how the fuck that worked out, but.
moved, barely catching Peter’s, “Oh careful, that’s—!” as
he took in the splotchy eye-to-brain input of something square and
metallic, picked it up and placed it out of the way – were he less
zombie-like he’d have heard the heavy tinny sound it made – and
made it to the coffee machine. He couldn’t help the noise of
triumph when he managed to punch the right button and the mug filled
halfway, dripping coffee everywhere in his haste to bring it to his
sweet coffee. He could actually
feel the world shift around him now that he had the power of
that’s the stuff, thanks kiddo. By the way, what the hell are you
doing here? Don’t you have school? Are you skipping school again? I
vividly recall us having this talk, Web-head,”
he said, blinking the
world back into clear sight. “Or do I have to call Aunt—what? Do
I have something on my face?”
eyes – well, the animated specs on his mask – were wide in a
gobsmacked expression, mouth clearly open behind the mask. Was he
impressed by the coffee? Kid was pretty excitable and Tony just
downed the whole mug in one go.
the others in the room were openly staring at him too, most of them
with a similar expression of astonishment, and they’d seen him do
that twice in a row, so that made no sense. He felt exposed for some
reason, uneasy at the now acknowledged presence of Team Cap, Natasha
and Thor in the room.
What did I do now?
Barton’s plate of pancakes went tumbling to the floor, shattering
into pieces right next to Barnes, but the ex-assassin didn’t even
flinch, eyes glued to Tony like he had just discovered the secret
behind the creation of their universe on his face.
“Tony…?” Rogers breathed, but Tony obviously wasn’t going to
look, not at him, so he just turned to Peter with his
best what-the-fuck face.
At clear loss for words, he pointed at his left hand. What? Tony
hadn’t even realized he was holding something there. Frowning, he
Mjölnir. Tony had picked up Thor’s hammer. To move it aside. For
coffee. Like it was nothing.
Soulmate Steal (1/2) Tom Holland x Reader (Soulmate AU)
Summary: You’re attending the Spider-man Homecoming Premiere when suddenly you’re world becomes vibrant with colors, meaning you’ve touched your soulmate. Tom Holland. But then someone else claimed as it first, stealing your soulmate.
Tom Holland x Reader
A/N: Hi! This is the first of two parts of this series. And this will be the colorblind soulmate au. So credits to whoever made the au first. You can leave a comment or an ask if you want to be tagged in the next part.
Black, white and grey. The only three colors you could see. Well, that is until you’ll meet and touch your soulmate.
Standing in front of the mirror, you looked at your attire. You had on the Midtown t-shirt paired with your favorite jeans.
According to the internet the shirt is bright blue, but you don’t even know what blue looks like.
“Y/B/F/N! Let’s go, we need to hurry if we want to get a good spot!” You hollered as you dashed into your car.
“Coming, coming,” Y/B/F/N panted as he/she opened the car door, getting in. You grin at each other excitedly before speeding off to the premiere.
“Oh wow, how colorful!” Y/B/F/N gushed as you both entered the venue. “I’ve never seen anything so lively, I wish you could see this,” he/she looked at you apologetically.
Giving her a sad smile you said, “Yeah, I do too.” Looking at his/her astonished face, you can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy. Oh how you wish to see the all the vivid colours, but instead it’s all just greyscale in your eyes.
Since you’re early, you managed to find a spot in the front, with a clear view. After quite a long wait, the casts finally arrived. A shiny car entered the venue and screams erupted.
You joined in, screaming at the top of your lungs as Tom exited the car. He’s even more gorgeous in person. He starts greeting the fans when for a brief second he suddenly locked eyes with you. Just for a brief two seconds.
But then, it must be your imagination. It seems like at this point, everybody thinks he’s looking at them.
The premiere is amazing. Its a shame that it reached the end already. The casts are ready to leave, but before that they’re doing signings.
Screeches filled the air when Tom approaches. You waited with anticipation as he gets nearer and nearer to you.
Suddenly a hand is on your shoulder, shoving you backwards. A girl is now on your previous spot at the front. You’re about to tell her off, when you noticed Tom is now in front of her.
If you couldn’t say hi to him, you can at least leave with an autograph. Grasping the Peter Parker funko pop you brought with you, you stretched your hand as far as you could. As he hands a spiderman figurine back to the girl in front of you, you felt the back of your hands lightly touched Tom’s arm. A touch as light as feather.
A speck of color filled you vision. You gasp, could it be? Feeling a little light-headed, you closed your eyes and open them to a burst of vibrant colors. Frozen in place, you take in your vivid surroundings.
The girl in front of you looks at Tom perplexedly. He’s also frozen in place, eyes wide and a little bit pale.
Still in shock, you whispered to yourself, “Tom is my soulmate.” Your voice is almost inaudible that no one can hear you. No one except the girl.
She spun around to look at your face, and then back to Tom’s, then back to yours. Realization dawns on her face and she quickly turned back to Tom.
“Oh my God, we’re soulmates!” She exclaimed with a fake gasp. Hearing this, you snapped out of your trance and begins shouting.
“No she’s not! She’s lying! She-” A guard is suddenly in front of you, pushing you backwards.
“The premiere is over miss. They need privacy, they just found their soulmate,” the guard said.
You looked over his shoulder. “But she’s not his soulmate. She-” Your eyes suddenly met Tom’s. He stared at you for a few seconds before his guard guided him and the girl to his car.
“Wait Tom! She’s not your soulmate!” You shouted, but he’s too far away to hear you. As the guard continued ushering you and the crowd to the exit, you whispered,
“Are you sure you don’t want to drive?” Y/BFN asked as she started the car. “I know you love driving.”
“Yeah, yeah sure. I’m feeling a little dizzy, it’ll be best for you to drive,“ you assured him/her.
“It’s a shame that we got separated earlier. Oh wait, have you heard? Tom met his soulmate!” He/She looked at you excitedly waiting for a reaction, but you’re just staring off into space.
“Y/N? Are you okay?”
“She’s not,” you said, staring straight ahead.
Y/B/F/N looked at you confused. “What? She who? What are you on about?”
“She’s not his soulmate. She’s lying,” you continued.
“And how do you know that?”
With glassy eyes, you looked at her. “Because I’m his soulmate.
okay in this au you have the “you see color once you meet your soulmate”
and gOD do you hate this method you have because what the heck you’re a fashion and design major
your whole life you’ve been working with clothes in black and white and shades of gray and you had to bust your ass to get into the top university in seoul for fashion
whatever mythical being it was that gave you this curse basically said a massive fuck you to your hopes and dreams like rip
in middle and high school you would literally people-watch in different areas and different cities to meet your soulmate
actually you didn’t give a fuck about who your soulmate was you just wanted to see color and work with it to produce high quality works
and end the shitty friend moments when you’re shopping with your pals and they go “hey should i get the blue shirt or the red one”
you: oh i don’t know andrea i think the slightly darker shade of fucking gray looks nicer
SO one weekend you’re looking around some stores in this mall and searching for inspiration for your next piece
and everything’s okay and in black and white as usual when suddenly you saw this??? strange shade???????? not in black or white???????
you’re SHOOK and immediately just start darting your eyes everywhere
and finally when your eyes land on a person at the men’s section of the store a burst of saturation and color splashes in front of you
and everything seems to have just…come to LIFE
you’re shaking because everything you see now feels like a new experience….colors that you can’t identify are everywhere you turn and you’re so EXCITED to learn the names of each
you turn to your “soulmate” person with tears ready to fall but suddenly
you: oh my sweet baby jesus
you: can his fashion sense be aNY SH I TT I E R
your jaw is like on the FLOOR and you’re absolutely appalled by the young man looking through some sweatshirts
in your mind you’re furiously criticizing all the choices he’s made and making
you: why in the world would he pair that shirt with that vest
you: sweetheart that is one hell of a stupid hat you’re staring at
you: is he actually serious about picking that vest
you: what in the world did i ever do to deserve this
you’re fuming at this point and you’re ready to either stomp over and hit him on the head to get his senses back into place or walk away and pretend the meeting never happened
but then he turns around and sees you and when his eyes widen you know there’s no turning back
also you realize he’s really cute so
he walks over all shy with a hand rubbing the back of his neck and a suppressed smile to hide how excited he really is
he says “so….i guess…..we’re soulmates?” with pink steaming cheeks
it takes you like a few seconds to get over how utterly cute that was and the you’re like “yes. and your outfit is a disaster. how dare you.”
and that snaps jihoon out of his bashfulness and he’s just?? excUSE ME???? what the heck do you mean my shirt is suPER cute thank you very much
and you’re like SWEETHEART the design on that thing is utterly atrocious it doesn’t match your face at ALL
and that’s how you and your soulmate got into a huge argument in the middle of the store with ppl staring and taking pics
a few minutes later a middle aged man comes over and taps jihoon’s shoulder and says hey we gotta go you can’t stay here and act like this
jihoon glares at you before he turns around and leaves and you’re just HUFFS i hope i don’t see that kid ever again……..
literally two hours later you friends spam your phone with articles about “Wanna One’s Park Jihoon’s Intense Argument With Mysterious Person”
you’re on the verge of crying after realizing you bickered with a massively popular idol and your friends are like “what kind of flowers do you want us to leave at your grave”
you couldn’t focus on anything for a week straight and you’re so scared of stepping outside and having people recognize you so you started wearing masks and sunglasses all the time
it hurt your fashion common sense to wear sunglasses while it was raining but you were too terrified
but good thing was!!! you learned the names of all the colors you could and developed this habit of differentiating even the slightest shade like “that’s not just bLUE that’s cornflower blue with a tint of turquoise on the lower right”
it would only be a matter of time before you start addressing colors by their html code name lmfao
anyways your friends are recognize that your works are becoming a lot better and the color mixing seem smoother and more elegant than before
they ask you if it’s because you met your soulmate and beg you to introduce him but you know that they’d lose their shit and fall on their ass laughing if you tell them it’s actually the park jihoon you accused of having disgusting taste
you actually feel really sorry….like however much you hated the way he dressed you shouldn’t have criticized him like that man
you start researching him online and you get really interested because damn he has such a nice face
in your head you could conjure so many different combinations of outfits that could work fantastically with him
a few weeks later wanna one is doing a fansign meet and greet thing and jihoon is smiling at every fan and holding their hands and thanking them for their gifts and doing his aegyo
and suddenly…..he sees YOU right in front of him with your deep blue hat and heavy trench coat to avoid being seen
he flinches at first but he can’t be rude so he fakes a smile and just goes…”hi”
and you’re like listen….i’m like seriously sorry for that fiasco back at the store….. and you proceed to apologize several times before he’s like okay!!! i got it you’re sorry
and then you take out the bag you’ve been holding and hand it to him
“here,” you say. “i included a booklet inside.”
and then you just rAN OUT OF THERE like you didn’t even talk to the rest of the members who’re looking at your back like wtf was that????
after their schedules end and they’re at their dorms jihoon takes out the bag you gave him and sees the booklet that read “ok i know i said sorry but please take a look at the clothes i picked out for u”
he’s so ready to get pissed to see you STILL criticizing his choices but then he sees all the clothes inside and the different outfit combinations drawn and written in the booklet….and he’s sOLD like these are so pretty and cute???????
and he tries everything on and woojin is like whoa and guanlin probably gets gayer
jihoon wears one set for his airport fashion the next day and all his fansites basically explode bc he reached another level of stunning
and his stylists and managers are like????? what the heckie HECK
jihoon’s all smiles and stuff and he’s….really grateful to you…..
like when he met you and found out that you were his soulmate he never felt more crestfallen because the relationship already looked darker than woojin’s past
but now…he just really wants to meet you again and thank you….and maybe talk over a cup of coffee….and just be……..a soft couple that he’s always wanted to be in……….
jihoon became the top search on naver for the whole week and became the reason for your smile
it’s the first time that your work has ever been “publicized” in any shape or form and you’re so glad it’s receiving such positive feedback
a while later you get an email during your lunch break
and the sender is…..CJ E&M entertainment
they somehow figured out that you were the one who gave jihoon his clothes and discovered more of your works from blogs and stuff and now they want to hire you as a stylist for wanna one and the meeting date is….in three hours
you drop your cup of coffee and spRINT out of your university to catch a taxi cab
when you get to the meeting place at the company you realize that frick frack botta bing botta boom your hair’s a mess and you’re sweaty and you haven’t showered in three days due to your schedule and you’re in no way appropriate looking to be hired to be a person who’s in charge of making people look good
but a staff sees you and is like!! come in!!!!! and you’re like welp it’s do or die
and the company manager and wanna one members are all in a private room waiting for you and the manager starts this speech about how he adores your sense of style and how all the members would be happy to have you as their stylist and how much they’re willing to pay you but the whole time you’re mostly sneaking glances at jihoon
you know how sometimes you would sneak glances at someone who just so happens to look at you at the exact same time and it gets awkward and then both of you would look away really fast
that happens so many time with you and jihoon but…the fourth time that it happens he stares back just three seconds longer than before
he blushes SO hard because of how daring of a move that was and starts fanning himself and beside him jisung is like??? it’s like 20 degrees in here what are you doing
and then the company manager says to you “usually we hire stylists who are married to prevent any kind of special relationship between them and the members…you’ll be an exception to our rule. but the second that we see something suspicious or that you’re violating that rule, then….well, you can guess what might happen.”
and you’re like wow what the heck so i’ll lose my job for getting together with my soulmate
and then the meeting is done and the manager goes to get you your id card and all the paperwork and everyone pre much disperses except for you and jihoon
it’s a bit awkward with both of you staring at the floor….and then you try to break the silence with “this sucks”
and jihoon laughs and just says “it’ll be fine” and he looks up at you and takes a deep breath and goes “give me your number before they come back”
his heart’s racing and he’s almost afraid that you’ll say no
and when you say yes and take out your phone he feels six weights being lifted off his shoulder
and his head jihoon imagines all the possibilities for you two…snuggling besides you as he watches you draw ideas into your notebooks, holding your hand and telling you to pay a bit more attention to him, and smiling when you toss your notebook away, giving in, and leaning closer to him
you have to shake his shoulders to wake him from his daydream lol
you’re like listen bud ur cute i gUESS but we ain’t gonna kiss or anything until i organize your closet
and that’s probably when jihoon realizes this relationship will be anything but the perfect manhwa couple he’s always dreamed of
and suddenly he finds himself swiftly pecking your cheek and going “yeah well i just dID”
the other 10 members watching from a crack of the door: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
The Sailor Moon paper I wrote for my gender studies class
Last week, I mentioned the presentation I did on Sailor Moon for my gender studies class, and how my professor was so impressed by Sailor Moon’s themes that she told me she wants to show it to her kids. Anyway, I promised that I would post the paper the presentation focused on once I finished writing it, so here it is!
I drew quite a bit from a previous paper I wrote on Sailor Moon, but I also included a lot of new things. Particularly, I added sections on how femininity is often negatively portrayed in the media, Haruka’s gender nonconformity in the manga, and the presence of the Outer family.
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
It seems as though more and more frequently, the lack of female-centric media is being called into question. It appears as though the majority of movies, tv shows, and other media feature a male protagonist, with female characters being relegated to the sidelines. Even if there is a female protagonist, it often feels like she doesn’t get to develop strong relationships with other female characters. The lack of deep female relationships and overall female representation in media is indeed unacceptable; the same can be said for the lack of representation regarding LGBT people. However, I feel as though we should praise a particular series that not only delivers on those things, but proves that doing so can lead to massive success. It’s called Sailor Moon (known as Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon in its native country of Japan), an anime (cartoon) and manga (comic book) series aimed at girls. SailorMoon is so impressive because it provides positive portrayals of femininity, female relationships (both platonic and romantic), gender nonconformity, and even non-traditional families.
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, which means “Beautiful Soldier Sailor Moon” in Japanese, was created by a female Japanese mangaka,or manga artist, named Naoko Takeuchi. The manga debuted in the girls’ magazine Nakayoshi on December 28, 1991 and ended on February 3, 1997; the animated adaptation premiered on March 7, 1992 and ended February 8, 1997. From the very beginning, Sailor Moon was a smash hit; originally intended to only consist of a single arc, its popularity caused Takeuchi to expand it to five arcs. In addition to the original anime and manga, Sailor Moon’s enormous popularity has resulted in, as of 2017: A series of stage musicals, 31 in all; three movies with theatrical releases; a live-action series that comprised of 52 episodes; numerous rereleases of the manga and anime; many video game spinoffs; many foreign-language dubs; and finally, a new, updated anime reboot entitled Sailor Moon Crystal that is ongoing.