au where nothing really changes but the fans stop buring good characters down to one funny thing they did once for two seconds
Sen: I felt salt as soon as I saw this so here’s a list of things that piss me off. There will be more coming out within the hour.
- Sugawara “I’m your mother now” Koushi: He will fuck your shit up, he beats the shit out of his teammates without abandon and roasts them like it’s nothing. I mean maybe that suits my mum but also fuck the team mum trope. Leave the guy alone.
- Tanaka “straight and dumb” Ryuunosuke: He’s a burning ember of determination. Look at the way he’s support his juniors. There was a post talking about the STZ match where he goes in to receive after Hinata’s gotten a ball to the face AND THEN he asks if he’s okay after the ball has been played fully - he doesn’t distract the others but he cares. He may love girls but all the other guys do too.
- Hinata “durhurdumbass” Shouyou: He is learning. Yes, he was honestly shit at volleyball, I know this. But those are beginner mistakes and he is developing. Kageyama has stated from the beginning that this guy has amazing physical ability but has not reached his potential. You just wait. This guy will run circles around people. He’s very observant. He’s a good people person that cares about others - look at how he interacts with nervous people such as Yachi, Hyakuzawa and Yamaguchi.
- Oikawa “I would fuck an alien if I met one” Tooru: He was seen with an alien shirt as a kid. Kids don’t even pay attention to what they wear half the time and just let their parents pick it out. For all we know, he could literally hate aliens and his whole phase as a kid of liking aliens. People love Alien Fucker Tooru because it apparently suits his aesthetic.
- Oikawa “It’s Britney Bitch” Tooru: Apparently it’s because he’s sassy? More like he’s petulant and salty over his feud with Kageyama. This guy is no Britney Bitch type person
- Iwaizumi “My best friend is my EVERYTHING” Hajime: Iwaizumi is a powerful ace by himself and he’s acknowledged by the other players as well. Even though Waka’s said that only Oikawa matters, it’s evident by how Iwaizumi is in game and off court that this guy isn’t someone to be messed with - he’ll break through blocks with killer determination while still being a good rolemodel who sets people in place. Just cause they may be going to different universities doesn’t mean it’s be all end all.
- Iwaizumi “My best friend is FUCKING TRASH” Hajime: I can’t say which of these I hate more but this is irritating. I’ve read way too many fics where Iwaizumi’s never even called Oikawa by his actual name. Real friends will roast each other with more creative things but step in to defend honour. They’ve been friends since childhood - that shit is ride or die at that point.
There is a reason why on my Shiratorizawa blog I had a post of just the guys reacting to their fanon interpretations and none of them were happy.