I’m at the Oscars with Michael J. Fox and a DeLorean while wearing future shoes. All I have to do is sing The Schuyler Sisters song from Hamilton in front of the whole world and I’ll have completed my entire bucket list.
Ways to Cheer Yourself Up (When wanting to be alone) - 50 top things to do
1. Go ON Tumblr, believe it or not, we don't care where you're from, what you do, how you're being you, as long as you are being you, you're pretty much welcomed on here. That's why i love it. Unless of course you are homophobic or judgemental or ignorant - then the people will speak for themselves, we look out for each other here.
2. Read Books; escapism is a wonderful thing
3. Listen to music; and no - not the sad, 'ALL BY MYSELF' type music, but the kickass songs like 'I will Survive' or 'Loser Like Me' just celebrate yourself for being awesome, because we know you are; even if others don't; especially then actually.
4. Become your own superhero. Every single one of you have a talent or a dream. Follow up on that talent/dream. YOU ARE WORTH IT, and you can be whoever you want to be.
5. DISNEY MOVIES. Unless you absolutely hate bursting out into song - better cut of highschool musical and glee while were at this, then Disney is the best pick me up ever.
6. Watch your favourite TV shows. Remind yourself why life can be awesome. Watching your fav characters usually means you can relate to them.
7. Go on walks - it's very pretty outside, and sometimes our heads can be overloaded with information or stress, I advise calming music and a nice walk outside in comfortable clothes.
8. Have a diary. A friend of mine recently bought me one, and it's a godsend because all the anger, or emotions I feel, I try to put in the diary rather than putting it out on others. It also calms you down. I feel better when I write.
9. Speaking of writing...if you enjoy it- WRITE. Writing is a wonderful way to escape. You can put all your emotions into your characters and they just come to life. I tend to do that when I'm stressed.
10. If writing is not your thing then bake. I've actually ironically read in a fan fiction where a character would bake when stressed and try out new recipes, this character tried making butterbeer; maybe be adventurous; have a food blog or something to keep you occupied.
11. Be With Your Pets - Pets are loyal creatures, and they love you, even when you're being a pain in the ass, and I hear they're very good listeners.
12. Now I don't know about you, but I LOVE Musicals. If you are a musical fanatic like me and you're feeling a little down, my dears; listen to those awesome voices, because sometimes we just - need - a break (Also, if you haven't watched RENT, watch it - NODAYBUT TODAY...or Starkid...Starkid make the most funniest musical parodies, even if you don't like musicals I suggest it, and if you're not enjoying their YouTube Channel, then I'll eat my own hat).
13. ASK ME ANYTHING. If you really want to talk to somebody but you don't want to talk to people you know and you just want to get things out, my ASK box is always open.
14. Find a hobby. If you don't really want to talk to anybody, that's okay, sometimes we need to just have some 'me time'. In my me times, I usually deactivate from Facebook, and just focus on things that make me happy. Like; Puzzles, Sudoku, Games, writing, cooking, singing, whatever it is...travelling even. Enjoy yourself.
15. Travel. Maybe being stuck in the same place is the problem, maybe you're head wants to be in a place where it can ACTUALLY THINK.
16. Go Hiking. I suppose Hiking is similar to walking but if you're an outdoor person, this is a great way to clear your head and to feel fresh.
17. Hit The Gym. Or even do your own exercises. I like to walk - do crunches, and I love Zumba. I love dancing. If you love being active, this is also another way to clear your mind from negative things.
18. GO SEE A MOVIE!!! When was the last time you had fun? Even if it's just by yourself. You're allowed to treat yourself. Go, enjoy, be surrounded by people, even if they're strangers.
19. If you like coffee, treat yourself for one at a local cafe. Who knows, you might meet your coffee soulmate in a cafe one day.
20. STOP thinking Negative. Have a Pros/Cons List. Try not to outweight the Pros list with the Cons. Please?
You are good enough.
21. Write down a bucket List, and start ticking them off. Having goals and dreams is healthy. If you have dreams, then you have a direction of where you're going.
22. Get help. It's okay, if you're head is in a really bad place to reach out to people. It really is okay.
23. Help others. If you're not sure what to do with yourself at all, be useful to other people less fortunate than you. Volunteer! Work with Charity, Feed the homeless, help the guide dogs association.
24. Smile more. It looks good on you, believe me. Spend time with your guilty pleasures, my guilty pleasure is binge watching glee
25. Please DO NOT go to a pub to drink to ease your mind, if you are going to do that, do it with a friend, or somebody close.
26. Eat Chocolate. Okay yes while society says NO DON'T EAT THE FATTY FOOD. Hey; screw them. If you feel better eating a bit of junk go for it. There's nothing wrong with eating a whole pizza or tub of ben and jerry ice cream when feeling upset - just try not to make TOO much of a habit :
27. REBLOG YOUR FOLLOWERS POSTS, you might be surprised that you aren't the only one feeling the way you're feeling, you might be surprised by how much you're forgetting that hey - it's gonna be alright.
28. Do something nice for your neighbour. Ah who knows, have you ever actually talked to them? Maybe they might be lonely too.
29. Have a GAMES Night. A very good friend of mine loves Games. If You LOVE Games, then hell have a marathon of them. Play the sims, be in control.
30. Speaking of marathons...dun dun dun - MOVIE MARATHON, I Don't Know About You Guys, But Having A Harry Potter Movie Marathon always cheers me Up. WITH FOOD Of course, and good company, but this is about cheering yourself up, so if you don't want company, that's okay.
31. Draw. I love drawing too. I suppose I'm more of the creative person. There are a lot of different types of people out there, maybe you like solving things - do those fancy cube things Idk what they're called. If you are like my brother and you love Maths, then maybe you can tutor someone. On one hand you're helping someone, and doing something you like doing, just like I'm drawing because I like drawing.
32.Be with kids. believe it or not, kids are the most innocent little munchkins, and they honestly don't care what you look like, if you play hide and seek with them they'll be thrilled, so long as you're nice to them, they're generally nice to you... but be warned, they tell it how it is too. I talk a bit different. The most popular thing they've said to me was "Is that why you talk funny, because of the things in your teeth?" (They've also never really seen braces before) I even had one kid determined to get me to sing 'Everything is awesome' I'll never forget that because this kid clearly didn't care how I sounded, and just wanted me to sing with her. I felt great.
33. If you're into Fairy Tales, Please Please Read Chris Colfer's The Land Of Stories series 1-4. It's an amazing series, and you almost forget what world you're in once you start reading. Plus, there's more coming (I'm a little excited)
34. Watch Pixar Movies. You can't go wrong.
35. GO TO HOGWARTS. Harry Potter Fan? Visit - Platform 9 3/4s in London, or go to the Harry Potter World, or if you can't actually visit these sites, go on Pottermore.
36. Read Fan Fiction, you might not be a harry potter fan, but whatever fandom you are in, believe me sometimes Fan Fictfion Cheer me up. I adore Glee *Don't Judge Me* and Dalton is the best thing ever. Or Little Numbers...or Both. They cheer me up big time.
37. Role play. If you like superheroes or characters, go be with the crowd. I believe they have events like Comic Con, and on Facebook they even have Events for such things, go be with strangers! So long as it's safe of course.
38. Write a letter to the person who inspires you most and send it. You might be surprised by an answer.
39. Pick up your instrument. Don't ignore your musical talent if you do have a musical talent. Remember, you're worth it. I don't care what you've done. Pick, It Up.
40. Maybe go visit your family? I know this is about 'quality me time' but if you haven't seen your family in such a long time or are at a distance. Maybe being surrounded by something familiar is what you need.
41. Change Careers. If you're not enjoying what you're doing or studying, change it. I remember in highschool a teacher said you might change your job 10 - 12 times before getting it right. It'okay, you just haven't found where you're meant to be yet.
42. Enter a competition - Who knows what will come from it, take risks.
43. If you're a risk-taker, challenge yourself. IDK how you're going to do that, but google has some pretty good answers. Even ask your tumblr followers, they follow you for a reason after all.
44. Go on a boat. Go Fishing! I don't know, it's not my thing, but if you like fishing, then hell - go out there and fish.
45. Find time for yourself, are you working too much? Maybe you are working too much. You know life doesn't stop for nobody, and if you keep pushing yourself so hard, time will go so fast and you won't realise how much of that time you could have spent on your own self.
The world is not going to end if you treat yourself.
46. You ARE Good Enough. Listen to my words. Sometimes encouragement is all we need, when people feel hopeless, or like everything's gone wrong. It's gonna be okay. I promise, just hang in there.
47. Write Down Quotes that Inspire You. I have a wall of these, and of people that inspire me too, and it reminds me of the good things in life when I'm in a crappy mood.
48. Find something to do. If you're not doing anything, go take up a course, research things that interest you, you might be surprised by what comes from it. Join a community that enjoys doing things you do.
49. Go To The Beach - If you live in Australia like me, visiting the beach is actually really calming and me and my best friend always would go on a random drive, and drive up to a beach or a look out, and it was always calming. Enchanting too sometimes. Maybe we forget about the place we live in, and what's exciting about the place. If you're in New York, visit Broadway or The Statue Of Liberty, or if you're in London, go to the London Bridge, or the Eye, visit the Eiffel Tower if you're in Paris...just go Anywhere.
50. Take a random journey. Go on a train to somewhere new, go on a road trip. You never know what's around the corner.
Some movies for this Halloween! I hate that I hate horror, but I hate horror, sooooo here’s as much stuff as I could be bothered to look up. EDIT: keep in mind this is a to-do list for me - I haven’t seen almost any of them! I’m terribly sorry if it turns out scary, or if I missed a good one. I almost added in all the suggestions, but there were too many! In short, do your own research in addition to this list and stay safe
The Nightmare Before Christmas
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
The Addams Family
The Little Vampire
Casper the Friendly Ghost
“What I can tell you for sure, that for any measure, Edward Cole lived more in his last days than most people manage to wring out of a lifetime. I know that when he died, his eyes were closed, and his heart was open and — I’m pretty sure he was happy with his final resting place, because he was buried on the side of the mountain … and that was against the law.”
Hey! So I know it's our first girls night in a while, but I figured we could pick up where we left off on your movie bucket list with Star Wars.
...Actually, I've seen Star Wars now.
O-oh, really? Well that's cool. I guess that means that now we can watch Empire, which is the best one anyway.
*bad Vader voice* I am your father! *laughs*
*Emperor voice* And now, young Skywalker, you will die *makes Force lightning hands*
*halfhearted laughter*...When did you watch all these movies?
About a month ago? Reign dragged me out of the office one night when I'd been working too much. She would not let me return until we ate dinner, watched her favorite movie and I got a good night's sleep. We watched the others not long after that.
• carve/decorate pumpkins! 🎃 • visit a cemetery during dusk • go to rocky horror picture show live musical 💋 • have a pumpkin spice latte or tea ☕️ • go to Canada’s Wonderland Halloween Haunt • decorate house inside and out with Halloween decorations • decorate bedroom at dorm • go to multiple haunted houses 👻 • go to a haunted hayride • do a haunted corn maze 🌽 • go to Bingeman’s Scream Park • go to a pumpkin patch • go apple picking 🍎 • make apple pie • make pumpkin pie • go to pumpkinfest! • go to local county fair • paint nails with Halloween/spooky nail art 💅🏻 • do paranormal investigation with Haunted Hamilton • make caramel apples • throw Halloween party • watch movies on “October movie list” • buy autumn/Halloween bath products & candles • do 30 day October challenge on instagram (created by me, @humanary.stew) • go trick or treating (not all night, few houses!) 🍭 • do ghost tour at Fort George, Niagara. • do creepy sfx makeup / body painting • buy/make costume & dress up for Halloween • make creepy cute snacks and treats (cookies, cakes, ect) 🍪 • read Edgar Allan Poe poems and stories • go on a nature walk/explore woods (collect items) • have a bonfire and make s’mores • get Halloween/horror tattoo 💉 • see new horror movies in theatres (The Green Inferno, Crimson Peek, Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension and Goosebumps) • do lots of divination & offerings (tarot, runes, tea leaf, scry) 🔮 • do spells • create moon water for the month of October 🌕 • have a dead dinner (dumb supper) • go to Samhain class at White Flame • make more items for my Etsy shop • do the screaming tunnels legend • watch season premier of American Horror Story: Hotel • set up and decorate Halloween tree 🎄 • set up altar for Mabon • set up altar for Samhain
1. Go roller blading in the park 2. Get as tan and as blond as when I was a kid 3. Have water balloon fight 4. Play in sprinkler 5. Go to pool 10 times 6. Bike ride 7. Buy a bunch of glow sticks and play in pool at night 8. Read 20 books 9. Sleep outside on a starry night 10. Go on road trip 11. Do something amazing for fourth of July 12. Have party around fourth of July with friends, go to park have everyone pitch in on bringing something, appetizers, fruit, deserts, fireworks, body paint, etc. (make group text and invite a bunch of friends) 13. Go to fourth of July fair at rascals stadium one night/day 14. Go to grants farm 15. Go to zoo 16. Go to arch 17. Go to summer concert 18. Wash my car in bathing suit 19. Make summer playlist 20. Use Victoria secret gift card 21. Go shopping at strip mall 22. Have bonfire 23. Practice guitar 24. Write a song 25. Fall in love 26. Have picnic 27. Tie dye shirts 28. Dance in rain 29. Create summer scrapbook 30. Make mix cd’s for friends 31. Make s’mores 32. No limits truth or dare party with a bunch of friends 33. Kiss a different guy every week 34. Start a collection of something 35. Wear bold lipstick for a day 36. Curly hair and wear dress for a day 37. Get drunk with friends in middle of the day 38. Do something that scares me 39. Make daiquiris with friends 40. Keep a memory jar 41. Buy a memory jar 42. Kiss a stranger 43. Scavenger hunt at Walmart 44. Go camping 45. get a bunch of friends together and play a bunch of old board games outside in swimsuits 46. play tennis 47. play basketball 48. play volleyball 49. take pictures everyday 50. feed ducks at park 51. Bring drinks and snacks to pool and spend day there with playlist 52. Go to cardinals game 53. Movie night with friends 54. Make fall bucket list
55. Rock climb