let’s talk about all the ways bokuto koutarou is intelligent:
- he’s insightful when it comes to his personal intentions and approach to the sport he loves. this insight takes many people decades to develop.
- he shared this insight in a way that an incredibly intellectual person, i.e. someone profoundly different than him and far removed from his experiences, could easily comprehend.
- he understands how to motivate himself, even if it’s bragging. in fact, he does it so well he motivates everyone around him.
- the amount of innate comprehension he has of trajectory, speed, and angles to make the sorts of clever, complicated spikes he makes must be quite large. he is the most creative spiker we’ve seen so far. everything interesting tanaka and hinata do are more or less emulating or mixing up his moves. even if he forgets how to do them sometimes, they are still amazing.
- he understands the psychological significance of what might seem like very simple concepts. he builds on that energy in order to win.
- his behaviors are almost completely intuitive, but intuition is simply intelligence applied to the living world.
let’s talk about the ways bokuto koutarou is a sweetheart:
- he spent time he could have been using to refine his own skills to practice with players of a much lower caliber.
- he trusts that people say what they mean. he believes their praise without question. of course he comes across as simple. he’s trusting, which is lovely and sweet.
- he’s curious, and says things without thinking, which makes him sound like an idiot, but what exactly is idiotic about asking questions?
- he took a tiny scraggly boy who doesn’t even live in tokyo on as his number one protege
- somehow he has managed to make akaashi keiji of all people not only practice with him way after hours, but eat lunch together during school. that alone must mean he is one of the more remarkable haikyuu characters
let’s talk about the ways bokuto koutarou is vulnerable
- he struggles remembering kanji, so he’s probably not very advanced when it comes to reading or writing
- at the very least, he is inconsistent with his academic performance. it is possible he just completely struggles academically.
- he struggles to regulate his emotions. no one experiences that on purpose. trust me i should know.
- deep down he’s probably scared all the time that if he’s not good enough, his team won’t want him around anymore because he’s such a hassle.
- so of course he’s desperate for their affirmation so he knows he can stay
- similarly, he constantly has to declare that he’s great to remind himself that everything’s alright.
- he relies on akaashi and his team to pick him up when he’s down, which is a level of vulnerability that has to be terrifying. it’s not surprising that he pretends it’s never happened.
so what i am saying here is bokuto koutarou is the best and if you don’t love him i am coming for both you and your family.