Airport Battle CACW
I rewatched the airport battle scene and counted up total damages Team Cap did to the Leipzig Airport (in chronological order because I’m cool!! XD). And an additional note, THAT WAS ALL GERMAN PROPERTY! Team Cap came in and trashed an international airport probably resulting in billions of damage costs! Tony came to negotiate and this is what Team Cap did (TO A FUCKING AIRPORT). And I actually care about laws, unlike Steve.
- Wanda dropped at least 15 civilians’ cars onto solid asphalt from about 7 stories high and those cars crashed through the steel bar/gate barriers
- Sam destroyed a help desk inside the terminal
- Steve and Scott helped each other enlarge that “water truck” and it smashed against the concrete and exploded
- Wanda used her magic to throw 2 trucks and something else (it looked like a concrete block or a ramp thing) at Peter
- Wanda used her magic to throw T’Challa into a jetway (severely denting it)
- Steve dropped an entire jetway onto Peter and used his shied to break a support pole
- Scott kicked a bus at T’Challa and Vision (the bus smashed into another truck and a car, also destroying them)
- Scott tore of the wing of an airplane
- Scott kicked two carts full of wooden boxes (probably cargo)
- Scott stepped on a truck
- Scott slapped Rhodey onto a jetway (denting it)
- Scott picked up the entire jetway and swung it at Rhodey, crushing it in the process
- Scott stepped on another truck
- Scott threw Peter onto a pile of wooden boxes (more cargo?)
- Steve and Bucky stole the jet thing and escaped (THAT IS AIRPORT PROPERTY)
- Scott smashed his arm onto the partly destroyed airplane
There’s way more, but that was all I got for now.
Now lets calculate this shit out.
15 cars Wanda dropped- The average cost of a car in 2016 is about $33,560. Now $33,560 times 15 is $503,400 (note that Wanda might have dropped more than 15 cars.
Airport help desk that Sam smashed (including merchandise in the desk)-I dunno how much a help desk is worth but I’ll add $1100 more onto the total costs (I’m being generous, do you have any idea how much window repairs cost)
2 trucks that Wanda thew at Peter- average cost of a truck in 2016? About $39,000 or so. $39,000 times 2 is $78,000.
Truck Scott and Steve enlarged and exploded- Add $39,000 to damage costs.
Jetway that Wanda threw T’Challa in- This is the same jetway that Scott destroys later so it won’t be counted here.
Jetway Steve dropped on Peter plus the support pole he snapped- One jetway costs about $300,000. Support pole damage add $1000.
Bus that Scott kicked at T’Challa and Vision (the bus smashed into another truck and a car, also destroying them)- Buses costs about from $300,000 to $600,000 each so we’ll just add $500,000. Plus another $33,560 and $39,000 for the car and truck.
Airplane Scott pretty much irreplaceably damaged- One standard commercial airplane costs between $51,000,000 to $87,000,000. Lets add $70,000,000 to the total damage costs.
Wooden boxes of cargo- Who knows whats in there? Could be expensive stuff or vegetables. I’m gonna add another $2000 for cargo and box damage. (again, being generous. There were at least 20 wooden boxes)
Truck Scott steps on- add $39,000.
Jetway Scott swung at Rhodey- add $300,000
Another truck Scott steps on- add $39,000.
More cargo- less boxes were destroyed this time though, so we’ll add $1000 more
Jet that Steve and Bucky stole- technically it wasn’t destroyed so we won’t add any damage costs, but for your information, that’s a felony.
Scott add more damage to already destroyed plane- It’s destroyed already.
LETS ADD IT UP
$503,400 + $1100 + $78,000 + $39,000 + $300,000 + $1000 +$500,000 + $33,560 + $39,000 + $70,000,000 + $2000 + $39,000 + $1000
$71,537,060 give or take several million bucks (because I was generous)
Now let’s think a little more. Team Cap has literally no way of paying for all this damage. They are fugitives and if the pool up all their bank savings can maybe cover a third of the costs.
Now guess who would feel responsible and pay off the the damage even though HE CAME TO NEGOTIATE AND NOT FIGHT?
That’s right, Tony Stark.
He doesn’t even have to, but Tony would shoulder all the costs for his SHITTY TEAMMATES THAT DON’T GIVE TWO FUCKS ABOUT HIM.
(note: I may have gotten some of the costs wrong but you get the point)
(another note: This is just the Leipzig airport. I’m not gonna even think of the damage costs in Bucharest when Steve purposely collapsed a tunnel, hijacked a car, and endangered dozens of civilians. Or in Berlin when Steve had attacked and severely injured several of members of the German police and military and illegally trespassed in German territory. Or in Johannesburg when Wanda purposely used her magic to manipulated Bruce and set the Hulk onto heavily populated city streets. Or the disaster in Lagos. Or Wanda’s involvement in the creation of Ultron that lead the the tragedy in Sokovia.)
Peace out Tumblrers!