1. Before bed every night, use a spoolie to apply coconut oil to lenghten the hairs of your brows, and castor oil to thicken your brows.
2. Find eyebrow tools that work for you. Pomades and gels are good for a dramatic, more bold look. Pencils and powders are better for beginners (better control) and give off subtle, natural looks.
3. When filling in your brows, be sure to apply your product of choice in the direction that your hairs grow in, to ensure an easy, natural look.
4. Apply product with a heavier hand towards the tail of your brow, and less pressure and product towards the middle and head of your brow (the end closer to your nose)
5. If you’re growing out your brows, RESIST THE URGE TO PLUCK. The best thing you can do for your brows is have patience, they will grow back I promise.
6. If you have particularly oily skin or hair, try applying a thin layer of translucent setting powder to your brows before filling them in with any product. This absorbs up any natural oils around your brows and helps your brow makeup last longer.
7. If there is any makeup product to splurge on, it should be for your brows. Anastasia Beverly Hills is waterproof, pigmented, long lasting, and worth everu penny.
8. If you wake up with your eyebrow hairs bent or wildin out, wash your face with regular soap and water for a few minutes and brush your brows out with a spoolie to keep them under control. Do NOT TRIM OR PLUCK ANY FLYAWAYS. It’ll fuck with your shape.
9. Outline your brows with a decent concealer after filling them in. This enhances your brow shape for a more fleeky IG look, and keeps your product from falling.
9. STICK TO YOUR NATURAL BROW COLOR. Don’t go too dark just because thats how your favorite beauty guru does hers. The more natural, the better.
10. Loreal Paris sells a decent brow mascara to help keep the shape of your brows, control flyaways, and make your makeup last. Even on days when I don’t wear makeup, I’ll apply a quick coat of clear brow mascara to shape my brows and make them look a little fuller.
11. Trim your eyebrows once a month to keep your shape clean and your hairs tamed. Brush your hairs upwards with a spoolie, and trim any hairs that extend up past your natural arch with a small pair of hair/brow scissors.
12. When plucking your brows, outline the shape that you want with brow product or concealer, to make it easier to see which hairs you want to pluck.
13. When going to get your brows waxed/threaded/sugared, be sure to read the reviews of the salon you’re going to before committing to them. Make sure that they use proper techniques and products to ensure a quality finish.
14. If you have a hard time using gels and pomades, it may be because your brush is too big. Try a smaller, flatter eyeliner brush to apply your product.
15. When using eyeshadow or powder to fill in your brows, make sure your product has a matte finish. Nobody looks good with shimmery brows.
16. Using a matte highlight/light shadow right under your arch gives you a solid base glo before adding your regular highlight.
17. On the bottom of your brow, apply product from head to tail and blend. On the top of your brow, only apply product from the middle of your brow to your tail and blend. This technique gives you a more natural look, and ensures you don’t apply too much product towards the head of your brow.
18. To get a dramatic arch without plucking, apply product over your arch on the top of your brow, and round out the shape with concealer.
19. This should go without saying, but never sleep with brow makeup on (or any makeup for that matter). The dirt and oils can clog up hair follicles and cause acne or irritation.
20. Always set your brows with setting spray before doing the rest of your face.
21. Brush your eyebrows at least once daily with a spoolie to keep your hairs tamed and in their natural shape.