These chili-stuffed potato skins are the perfect party snack for game day. Filled with a hearty bean chili and topped with cheddar, they are finished with a zesty lime and tequila sauce.
TIME TO TABLE:
30 minutes prep, 5 minutes broiling.
INGREDIENTS: 28 oz. can whole, peeled tomatoes 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder 1 ½ teaspoons cumin 1 teaspoon garlic powder ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper Freshly squeezed juice from ½ a Paramount Citrus lime 8 large Russet potatoes, baked 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese 6 green onions, sliced
Lime-Tequila Sauce 1 cup sour cream 2 teaspoons tequila Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lime Freshly squeezed juice of 1 Paramount Citrus lime 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Add the tomatoes to a medium saucepan. Heat on medium-high for 5 minutes, using a potato masher to break up the tomatoes as they soften. Stir in the beans.
2. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer the chili for 5 more minutes. Stir in the juice of ½ a lime. Remove from the heat.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to gently scrape out the flesh, leaving a ¼ inch thick layer of potato in the skin.
5. Arrange the potato skins in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Fill each with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chili and top each with 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese.
6. Broil for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
7. To make the sauce, in a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, tequila, zest of 1 lime, juice of 1 lime, chives and garlic powder.
8. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the sauce on each potato skin and garnish with sliced green onions. Serve warm.