brittknits

7

WIP Wednesday!

These are my 2 current WIP’s. I have others still on the needles, but they’re languishing until I pull them out later on.

They’re both socks inspired by Sherlock. The first is a very subtle pattern of diamonds worked in possum, merino and alapca yarn, and the second is a sock for Lestrade. I have a headcanon that he makes his own socks as stress relief and they’re usually crazy wack and loud. These, he wore to work while dealing with Moriarty breaking in everywhere. The patterns are Business Casual and Sign of Four.

I’m on the second of both and so far I’m avoiding Second Sock Syndrome pretty well!

3

And we have a finished sock! I have a headcanon that Lestrade knits socks for himself, and they’re really crazy and out there, and he wears them at work and they’re his dirty little secret. I call this guy (and his soon to be brother) ‘Lestrade’s Secret Division.’


I’m super pleased with how these turned out. The first sock I ever knit didnt fit correctly because the pattern had errors for days, so this is my first perfect sock. I’m very happy with it.

2

My second fingerless glove is finished! I’m probably going to frog the first one and re-do it. I went up a needle size to 3.75mm from 3.25 and it such a HUGE difference in fit. I also made the thumb bind-off much looser and this one fits perfectly, whereas the first was a bit too tight.


I did botch up one stripe, but I’m not inclined to care that much. I’ll just make sure I make it match on the other one and Bob’s your uncle!

I've been working on my third square for my Sherlock Blanket...

…and it has been a bitch. I’ve had to restart it several times due to errors in the pattern. I’ve just about finished it, and i thought it looked too small… so I  measured it against the other squares. It was FIVE inches too small. THE WHOLE FUCKING PATTERN WAS WRONG. I HAVE TO FROG TWO FUCKING WEEKS OF WORK.