hey, bee! do you have any headcanons about jimon + kids?
liv!! ♡ thinking about jimon + kids made me generally think about jimon and family and i got super emotional and carried away with the thought of jace being welcomed by simon’s huge body of relatives. T__T i’m pretty sure this isn’t what you were thinking about when u sent this ask, but hopefully it’s still fun!! :D
- simon is the baby from both his parents’ sides of the family, so he has a million nieces and nephews running around. he’s easily their favourite uncle - simon once took an incognito poll with twelve of them and the results were unanimous, except for joshua who named julie’s good-for-nothing husband ben as his favourite, the traitor - with fun stories and making even funnier faces and always taking requests to sing their favourite songs.
- after he turns though, he doesn’t see any of them for a long while: the logistical hindrance of the sun combined with viewing himself as a monster makes it hard for him to make it out to backyard barbecues and birthday parties and be surrounded by these little heartbeats housed in fragile, breakable bodies that trust him unreservedly.
- once he becomes a daylighter, an entire universe of possibilities open up for simon. he loves these kids more than life itself, but - there’s always a risk. when he tells jace that the thought of them being in any kind of danger because of him makes him cold to the bone, jace just laughs and laughs. “sorry, sorry,” he says, wiping at his wet eyes, “just the thought of you ever hurting a kid-” and simon shushes his frankly offensive mockery with a kiss. “okay, you’ve made your point,” he says, gaze flickering between jace’s soft, kissed red mouth and the mirth that still lingers around his eyes. “hey, you wanna come with me to sophie’s fourth birthday party?“
- jace is - this isn’t the turn of events that jace was expecting. “um,” he says, blinking rapidly. he has zero experience being around children who aren’t max, and from what little he understands about four-year olds, they’re more terrifying than a horde of shax demons. also, the place will be filled with all of simon’s extended family and jace is still recovering from the ordeal of meeting simon’s mom and sister. “are you sure that’s a good idea?“
- simon’s very sure. “totally,” he says. “you need to see how amazing i am with these guys so when i bring up kids five years from now, you’ll already be conditioned into thinking i’m a good caretaker.” at the dumbdounded look on jace’s face, simon quickly adds, “but forget about that for now! lets get through soph’s party, first.”