having a drawer full of plastic bags and storing plastic bags in another plastic bag
uncomfortable family reunions for every single holiday where everyone brings ridiculous amounts of food and several 2 litre bottles of soda
having to finish your food every time because you or your parents paid for it and if you paid for it you have to eat it
homemade wine from plastic bottles that your family or your uncle’s neighbours’ wife’s cousin made in the countryside
cheap alcohol and cigarettes
foreign men always coming to your country and declaring ah yes i heard that eastern european women are beautiful
that one relative your mom hates and who she always makes polite but slightly salty conversation with at reunions but then after a few glasses of homemade wine you know they’ll get into an argument
your parents’ and grandparents’ revolution/war/army stories that you’ve heard a thousand times before
those red plastic candle holders that melt with the candle but everyone is still buying to burn underneath a picture of jesus??
crochet placemats everywhere
‘persian’ carpets that have been in the family forever. everyone always trips on them but there are always the persian carpets
your grandmother has at least one plastic statue of virgin mary in her house somewhere and at least one wood painting of jesus
tiny pocket-size, laminated pictures of saints that your grandmother always buys at church and give to everyone every time they visit
the eternal fascination of every adult with the news on tv. one news hour ends? switch to another channel for the exact same news
the group of old women gathered outside on a bench, there is always a bench and there is always old ladies and they always tell you that you’ve grown so much since they last saw you even though it was just last week
the cars are parked on the sidewalks, the cars are parked on the street, to the point where you’re not exactly sure where you’re supposed to be walking
there is always a queue and it’s always eternal
a bowl of plastic fruit??
your grandparents giving you money for your birthday ‘to buy yourself some cakes/sweets’ and you having to pretend you don’t want it ‘no come on you don’t have to’ before inevitably accepting it ‘you really didn’t have to thank you’
spending that money on cheap alcohol
as soon as it hits 24 degrees everyone is out grilling food, in the back yard, in the park, in the cemetery, on top of a soviet-time apartment building…
these plastic things on every table always in godawful floral or fruit patterns
1. The friends you have at the beginning of the year can completely change by the end of it. People change, and if they aren’t improving your life in some way, it’s okay to drop them.
2. Take many pictures. Don’t let it take over your life, though. You don’t want to look back and see that you only captured your memories with your camera lens and not within your mind and heart.
3. Find your safe place. Whether it be in the arms of a certain person or on the balcony of Barnes and Nobles with a cup of soup, find it and don’t let it go. You can have more than one safe place.
4. Be nice to everyone. You honestly don’t know what skeletons people are hiding in their closets. Everyone has their skeleton. Every person on this earth has something in their life or past worth collapsing on the ground in uncontrollable sobs over.
5. Reading is so important. Highlight the things that you read that you find intriguing. Read a lot, it can only do good things for you.
6. Writing always helps.
7. The girl with anxiety has the deepest thoughts. The autistic boy has the kindest heart, and the schizophrenic has the ability to put a smile on your face in seconds. Do not judge character based on a mental illness.
8. Music has an indescribable ability to connect and heal. Let it do its thing.
9. Her prettiness doesn’t make your prettiness any less pretty.
10. Getting close and letting someone in is scary as hell. You know what else it is? Worth it.
11. The minute you feel your happiness being dictated by someone else, take a break from them.
12. Adventuring is a must. Sunsets always help the soul, showing that endings can be as beautiful as beginnings.
13. Spend more time with your parents doing things they enjoy. Later in life, you’ll be wishing you’d spent more time with them than on your Netflix account.
14. Home is not always a place, but whatever you love with your whole heart. I have many homes, and it’s okay if one home doesn’t feel like home anymore.
15. Making someone smile and feel genuinely happy has the ability to warm your heart from the inside out. No matter how much pain someone is going through, you made them forget about it for a few seconds. Isn’t that something?
16. Feel everything and let it hurt, but don’t go back to what broke you.
17. Don’t let fear hold you back from what you want. The view from the other side is spectacular.
18. Tell people how you feel. Even if you’re scared it’ll burn your life to the ground. You say it loud.
19. You find the most extraordinary things in the most ordinary places.
20. Swollen lips and sweaty “I want you’s” can make you feel again, but I don’t want to feel anything if it means having to sit there feeling like the wind is constantly being knocked out of me when he stops calling back.
21. Sometimes the way you think of someone isn’t the way they actually are.
22. Never underestimate the amount of joy the holiday season can bring you. Try and find ways to feel that way all year long.
23. Timing is never going to be perfect; if you care about something enough, you’ll make the time. It’s all about priorities.
24. If women used their words to build each other up instead of tearing each other down, our world would change drastically.
25. Recovery can take 2 weeks or 5 years. You aren’t any less of a person if it takes you longer to find a way to let go of what’s hurting your heart.
26. You only need yourself, but having people by your side trying to understand means a lot more than you might think.
27. You find your truest friends in your darkest hours.
28. You can feel the whole world in a month and nothing after 2 years. Time does not define love.
29. Always say yes to dessert.
30. Concerts make life worth living. So does yelling your favorite song along with your best friend in the car with your best friend with hands intertwined. These are things that show you that you don’t need to be on drugs to feel invincible.
31. So does kissing.
emmuuhhhhh, 31 Things I’ve Learned Coming Into 2016
- lots of PDA, everywhere. He’s not ashamed to show everyone that you’re his, not a all. It doesn’t have to be too sexual though, he just likes to hold your hand or having you close to him
- Him always trying to make you smile
- He’s honestly the cutest dork
- Zach had to beat Bryce’s ass more than once because of his inappropriate comments about you
- Him secretly sneaking in your bedroom pretty much every night and leaving early in the morning after cuddles, causing him to be tired during the whole day at school
- He often missed his trainings because of that
- Being the reason why he often ditches his plans with the guys
- You’re the first person that comes to his mind when he needs to talk
- You’re basically the mom of the boys group
- Telling Bryce that he’ll end up in jail because of all the bullshits he does
- Hanging out a lot with Justin after school because he always makes you laugh which makes Zach extremely jealous
- Zach and the guys were watching the both of you laugh
- When you go ask him what’s up he gives you the silent treatment
- He avoids your gaze, only answers with “Hmm.”
- You eventually get that he’s jealous and hug him by behind as tightly as you can, and he tries to shove you away but you literally turned into a giant koala
- “(Y/N) stop.“ ”I won’t move unless you tell me what’s wrong“
- He loudly sighed
- ”You’re always with Justin.“ ”Awh. Is my baby jealous ?“ you asked playfully as you kissed his neck, making him turn his head to the side. ”No. And don’t call me that.“ ”What ? Baby ?“ you mocked him. ”Stop.“ he tried to sound like he was mad. ”Baby, baby. You’re my baby.“ He sighed again and bit his lip to hide his smile. ”God you’re annoying.“ You snuggled your face in his neck and circled it as you left kisses on his skin. ”Zach, you’re the only one I’m in love with. You and only you. I love you.“ you said before leaving a kiss on his cheek. He sighed, smiled and finally took one of your hands and brought it to his mouth before leaving a kiss on it. ”I love you too idiot.“
- Let’s say that the guys wouldn’t stop mocking you after that
- Wearing his jersey and attending all his games
- ”WOOO! THAT’S MY BOY, YOU GO BABY“
- Catching all the attention on you doesn’t bother you at all, fuck everyone
- Keeping his little sister with him when his parents are out
- Him watching you in awe as you listen to her sister talking about her friends while she tries to braid your hair
- His sister absolutely loves you and always asks Zach about you
- Zach being pretty sure that you’ll end up married in the future
- You always being there for him, even more when he discovers the tapes
- Receiving drunk texts of him when you can’t be at one of Justin’s party
- You calling Alex and asking him to keep an eye on Zach, just in case he does stupid things
- You’re the one who explains to Justin that Jessica won’t take him back and that you completely agree with her, but that you’ll still be there for him, no matter what
- Justin hugging you really tightly after that and of course, Zach saw it.
- But he quickly calmed down when you tell him why you shared a hug
- Having one of his shirt that you always bring with you on holiday so when you sleep you can smell his scent as if he was with you
- Having tons of adorable, funny, cute, awkward and weird selfies of the other in your phones
- Zach pouted when he discovered the awkward selfie of him as your lock screen but he secretly loved it
- You don’t fight often but when you do it’s like a "let’s see who can hurt the other the most” game
- Which results as you both not talking to the other for a day
- Then he sends you a pic of him with a pouting face with and a “don’t you wanna talk to your favorite idiot? :(” text
- “I love you.” *kiss on your lips* “So” *kiss on your nose* “Fucking” *kiss on your cheek* “Much.” *kiss on your forehead*
- Him being a fool for you
- Bear hugs
- Hands holding
- Unexpected gifts from the both of you
- Helping him preparing his biology tests
- You once offered him your pen that just ran out of ink and said “It reminded me of how empty your brain can be sometimes”
- Justin died of laughter that day
- He pouted all day
- You’re just the cutest couple of all times
- Everyone ships you
- You’ve been elected the king and queen of the prom
rear window: the boy who cried murder<p/><b>an american in paris:</b> i guess we should add some singing to all of these dance numbers<p/><b>the philadelphia story:</b> i want you back, i want you back🎵<p/><b>how to steal a million:</b> gullibility and sarcasm fall in love and steal a dinky statue<p/><b>cabaret:</b> drag and scandalous dances in WWII<p/><b>the sound of music:</b> where a kid can be a kid (and fucking sing like a normal child)<p/><b>bringing up baby:</b> can we keep him? please?<p/><b>seven brides for seven brothers:</b> abduction cause its romantic<p/><b>singing in the rain:</b> good morning🍊🎵there are 16 oranges in every tropicana pure premiu-<p/><b>it's a wonderful life:</b> a cute old man fixes jimmy stewart's many problems<p/><b>the shop around the corner:</b> we're better staying pen pals than actually dating<p/><b>breakfast at tiffany's:</b> she's lowkey a psycho but it's all about love and cats anyway<p/><b>roman holiday:</b> tomboy princess takes a day off and then has to face reality again<p/><b>star!:</b> gertie get your shit together<p/><b>my fair lady:</b> men are snobs and the english have a social system based on speech<p/><b>sabrina:</b> you got hurt and couldn't go on dates with me so i dated your brother instead<p/><b>thoroughly modern millie:</b> everyone is extra and there are white people who play asian people and horrible sex trafficking but it's okay because carol channing<p/><b>west side story:</b> why the fuck do you love him after he literally murdered your brother oh well he died so who cares anyway<p/><b>harvey:</b> polite and innocent man is a bit loopy so everyone tries to lock him up<p/><b>gone with the wind:</b> you don't love me?!?! but you gotta, i guess i'll marry all of the south to make you jealous<p/><b>casablanca:</b> paris and kids being looked at<p/><b>the african queen:</b> oh we almost died but we didn't so let's kiss and build a torpedo from scratch<p/><b>on golden pond:</b> where everyone won best actor/actress and 74 year old katharine hepburn did her own fucking stunts<p/><b>annie get your gun:</b> frank butler is a fucking selfish wienie<p/><b>lawrence of arabia:</b> nice, noble man goes crazy over the course of 4 hours<p/><b>the wizard of oz:</b> everything magical and good in the world is a hoax, kids<p/><b>cinderella:</b> cinderelly, cinderelly, we're woodland creatures providing comical pastime<p/><b>snow white:</b> practice makes perfect, disney, because this movie was on drugs<p/><b>sleeping beauty:</b> let's take a story about rape and make it for kids but then add unrealistic body types<p/><b>gold finger:</b> look it's the german villain from chitty chitty bang bang in a bond movie<p/><b>chitty chitty bang bang:</b> this movie was also on drugs but it's still great<p/><b>funny face:</b> audrey and fred in france<p/><b>🌟i love all these movies so much so don't get your panties in a wad it's a joke:</b> <p/></p>
The Signs As Weird Shit My Grandmother Has Done, Part 2
Has a collection of magnets the covers the whole fridge, including one that says "tits out 2016".
Refuses to eat cranberry sauce because she says it "still tastes like the can".
Somehow got the movie Coraline confused with the movie Shrek and bought my brother 3 Shrek DVDs, despite the fact that we don't have a DVD player and my brother asked her bring over the BOOK version of Coraline.
Refers to her sister as "that crazy woman Lanie".
Tried to set me up with my friend Nicholas when we were in third grade.
Calls my girlfriend "that little Emily girl", despite her name not being Emily. Her response to this is "she looks like an Emily."
Has a CD of early 2000s hits including "Bring Me To Life" "All Star" "Fergalicious" and "Get Low" that she plays in the car at top volume to embarrass my dad.
Stands firmly by her belief that the movie Grease is the greatest movie ever made and makes the whole family watch it on Thanksgiving.
Knows every employee in the Walgreens by her house personally. She brings them chili on holidays.
Once, when she was a teenager, threatened to set the movie theater on fire if one more person made her go see Gone With The Wind. She will not watch it, to this day. She's seen it 19 times, or so she says.
Asked my dad if she could take my brother, who was 8 or 9 at the time, to go see Mad Max.
Sets her GPS then refuses to follow the directions because she "knows a shortcut", even if she has no fucking clue where she's going.
Louis is an architecture student who can only think about the future. Harry is a baseball player who can only think about right now. Both are lonely for different reasons. Boybands bring them together.
The first time Louis Tomlinson kisses him, Nick is three sheets to the wind, wearing a pirate hat, and so fucking tired of Louis being a complete and utter knobhead that he’s spent the last ten minutes snapping at him. The kiss takes him rather by surprise, all things considered. Or: Nick and Louis don’t like each other, not even a little bit, not even at all.
Lt. Harry Styles, call sign Sparrow, is a prodigy when it comes to flying. The owner of an unrivaled Naval pedigree, being a pilot was always written in the stars for Harry. With his trusty RIO, Lt. Niall Horan, Harry has made an unprecedented ascension in the ranks of the Naval aerial combat elite, and has been recruited to the esteemed Premier Delta flight school, carrying on his family’s legacy. What he finds there are unexpected friendships, perilous challenges, and something beyond what he ever thought possible. Because as his father had always told him, before the great Captain Styles went tragically missing in combat, you don’t fall in love with the sky, you fall in love with what keeps you on the ground.
I always imagine that Nick and Judy adopt children
And not just children. Oh no.
They adopt runts. And they end up with this assortment of animals who are almost all classically eaten by foxes, so at the end their family looks like a morbid cooking book
and that reminds me
Family Christmas Cards are a fucking horror show
Lining up their babies in a sauce pot and stuffing Judy in the oven and Nick is standing there with his apron with fake blood (courtesy of Judy) everywhere and a thumbs up like THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, I’M BRINGING MY LOVED ONES OVER FOR DINNER! and their family life is a fucking riot and a half.
“Sherlock!” Mrs. Hudson called from downstairs. “It’s
Sherlock hurried down the stairs as quickly as he could.
“Ah, (y/n). Finally. John and Mary are preparing dinner upstairs and I’ll be
heading out for a bit.”
“Sherlock!” You said, exasperated. “You promised you’d stay.
Even if you had a case. It’s Christmas for Christ’s sake.”
“I hate Christmas.” He said with a sneer. “It brings about
carolers and holiday cheer.”
“Oh, Sherlock. Promise me you’ll still come home for dinner
“Food is for the weak and I told everyone not to get me
anything. I also did not get anything for anyone else…” He said trailing off.
“Fine. I promise I’ll be home for dinner and presents.” He
said rolling his eyes. “Even if I don’t eat and I don’t have presents.”
“Good boy.” You said smiling brightly. You bounced into the
building away from the cold, chilling air of London. Sherlock moved past you
and into the freezing air.
“I’m not a boy (y/n). I’m a man. A very smart one at that.” He
said quickly, as if in a rush, which to be honest he probably was. He then
briskly walked away. Mrs. Hudson gave you a sad smile.
“Sorry about him dear. That’s Sherlock though. Always
dashing about. Anyhow, might you come up for a spot of tea? John and Mary’s
food smells so delicious.”
You smiled kindly at her, “Of course, Mrs. Hudson. Thank
“Mrs. Hudson!” Sherlock’s loud voice rang from downstairs.
“I’m back for Christmas dinner.” He said in a disgusted tone you could tell he
wasn’t really trying to hide. He walked upstairs quickly, taking the steps two
at a time. He walked past you hastily, using his coat to conceal something that
he was carrying. “Mrs. Hudson, John, (y/n) don’t wait up. I’ll be in my room
wrapping things up. I’ll be back in a wink.” He said winking at you. You
blushed profusely. Trying to cover it up, you said, “Shall we start eating?”
“Of course.” John said with a happy smile.
“Mary, the pie looks delicious.” You said to her.
“Oh, I didn’t make it. John did. He’s a great baker.” She
said bragging slightly about her wonderful husband.
“Well then John, it looks simply divine.” You said excited
to dig in to the wonderful looking food.
Time Skip – After Dinner
“Oh, the meal was so scrumptious.” Mrs. Hudson commented, a
little bit sleepy from the meal.
“It was.” You said, a
bit sleepy yourself. “It was too bad Sherlock didn’t eat anything.” You said
clearing the last of the plates from the table. As if on cue Sherlock emerged
from his room.
“Time for presents.” He said lazily, as if bored with the
whole affair and idea of Christmas. Little did you know, inside he was having a
silent panic attack. He secretly slipped something under the tree.
“Ok.” You said giddily, smiling like a child. “I’m excited
to see what you got me Mr. Holmes.” You said nudging him in the side.
“Nothing.” He responded. “I told you earlier that I didn’t
get anyone anything.”
You looked down, slightly saddened by this sentence. Your
Christmas cheer was being ruined by Sherlock.
“You know you don’t have to be such a spoilsport.”
“I actually do.”
“The idea of buying people presents gives some people
anxiety. Anxiety about not getting the right thing. In fact, it is
scientifically proven that people have more stress around the holidays.” He
said with a completely straight face.
“Really Sherlock? You don’t buy people presents because
you’re afraid you’ll get the wrong thing?”
“That is what I said, yes.” He said rolling his eyes.
“Sherlock… We’re your friends. We’ll be happy with anything
you give us.”
“Really?” He said raising an eyebrow. “Last Christmas John
said he loved my gift. He lied. I read his body language. He was not at all
pleased with my gift. I was given a mental talent for reading people and it is
a blessing and a curse. Let me ask you something, (y/n). Do you sometimes wish
I were a normal person? That I’m unable to read people like a book?”
Without missing a heartbeat, you answered his question
honestly, “No. You are perfect. If you weren’t the way you were you would never
have met me. You never would have been ‘The Great Sherlock Holmes’, and I never
would have come to you with my case.”
He clasped his hands together, thinking deeply. “Hmm… You’re
“As I always am.” You said.
“Not always.” He corrected quickly.
You laughed. John and Mary came out of the kitchen. “What’s
so funny?” John asked.
“Nothing, nothing.” You said. “Let’s go. I can’t possibly
wait any longer. I can feel the presents calling to me.”
“Presents don’t talk.” Sherlock mentioned quietly.
“They do in my mind palace.” You said, teasing him.
He sighed tiredly, “Let’s just get on with the presents.”
John cleared his throat. “Ok then. Let’s see, first
present.” He picked up a box with green wrapping. He said out loud, “For Mary
and John, from (y/n).” You smiled as they unwrapped it together. They pulled
out a small onesie.
“It’s for the baby.” You said smiling brightly. “Do you guys
Mary turned to you. “Oh, (y/n). We love it!” She came over
to hug you.
John said, “Thank you (y/n). It’s a wonderful gift.”
You picked the next box. “For Sherlock, from John and Mary.”
You smiled at the couple as you unwrapped the present for Sherlock. You pulled
out a hat. You laughed. Sherlock rolled his eyes and looked at the hat in
disgust. You smiled at Mary, “Thanks guys.” You looked at John and mouthed,
“I’ll make him wear it.” The next present was for Mrs. Hudson, from John and
Mary. It was a nice pink shawl. John and Mary had given you a nice coat that
matched Sherlock’s. The presents from John and Mary were all wonderful. Next,
it was your turn to give everyone presents. You had already given John and Mary
their present so you gave Mrs. Hudson hers. Sher pulled out a blouse, a skirt,
and a pair of heels all matching the same royal blue color. “Thank you, dear.” She
said smiling at you.
“Of course, Mrs. Hudson.” You said, matching her smile. Then
you handed Sherlock his present. He opened it and was surprised to see a brand
new blue scarf.
“Thank you very much, (y/n).” He said looking over at you.
You smiled at him, “Anything for you, Sherlock.”
Mrs. Hudson seemed to be ready to bounce out of her seat.
Sher quickly handed everyone their presents. Your gift was a nice jumper. “Mrs.
Hudson, did you knit this all by yourself?” You inquired.
“Yes I did.” She said quite proudly. Sherlock’s was a fancy
“Mrs. Hudson, where did you get this?” He asked.
“Oh, it was from a real fancy shop. I know you have a lot of
suits, but this one just seemed to pop to me. It would look perfect on you. I
mean you have all black suits; you never wear blue. I thought it would look
real nice on you.”
“Thank you. I like it.” He said cautiously, as if his words
might offend her. Everyone looked around. There were no more presents to be
opened. Everyone looked expectantly at Sherlock. They didn’t seem surprised,
however. They soon all packed up and left, save for Mrs. Hudson, who had gone
upstairs. You started to clean up the trash on the ground from the presents.
Sherlock watched you carefully, studying you. You had finished clearing all of
the wrapping paper from around the tree when a little twinkle from under the
tree caught your eye. You reached a hand under the tree and felt a box. You
pulled it out. It was a small box covered with shiny silver wrapping paper.
Carefully you turned it over, ‘To my dear (y/n), from your Sherlock,’ it said
in fancy writing on the wrapping paper. You turned to Sherlock and he gave you
a smile. “I didn’t want you to open it in front of everyone.” He said smirking
at your surprised face.
“Here, I thought you were a pompous jackass who was too good
to get anyone anything.” You commented, joking lightly. Sherlock only rolled
“Open it.” He said. “Before I change my mind and return it.”
“Now I know what you meant when you said you were in your
room, ‘wrapping things up’. You meant it literally, that you actually were
‘wrapping something up’. Gosh, you are clever.”
“I know.” He said, sarcastically. “Now open it.”
You excitedly ripped off the wrapping paper. Inside was a
black square velvet box. You gasped in surprise. It was from Tiffany’s. You
traced your fingers along the velvet on the outside of the box. “What is it?”
You asked Sherlock, looking over at him. He only smiled mysteriously.
“Open it and see.”
You opened the box to see the diamond necklace you had been
drooling over for a long time every time you passed the window of Tiffany’s.
“Sherlock! You didn’t have to get me this.”
“I actually did. Did you think I wouldn’t notice how every
day when we walked past the store you looked longingly and lovingly at this
necklace. I read John, I can read you too.”
“Sherlock! This is just too much. I-I” You were at a loss
for words. You looked down at the box and noticed there was another, much
smaller, box inside. You picked it up. “Sherlock… What’s this?”
He stayed silent. So you took the box carefully in your
hands and opened it up. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring. You gasped. “Oh
my. Oh my gosh.” You looked up at Sherlock. He smiled mysteriously.
“I see no need to get on one knee and all so I’ll just say
it. Will you (y/n) (y/l/n) the most beautiful and clever and kind and funny
person I have ever met and also my favorite human being in this entire wretched
world, agree to be my wife?”
“Yes, Sherlock. Yes of course I’ll be your wife.” You stood
up to hug him and as you hugged you noticed a small green plant hanging on top
of Sherlock’s head. You smiled. As you pulled apart from the hug you pecked
Sherlock on the lips.
“What was that for?” He questioned.
“Tradition.” You responded with a smirk.
“I hate tradition.”
“Is there anything you don’t hate?”
“I don’t hate you.”
You smiled softly. “Hey, don’t get soft on me now Mr.
A/N: Oops, I went a little crazy on this one, but I hope you like it!
“Happy Holidays, Byers family!” You shout throughout the little house, all decked out in a cheesy Christmas sweater and Santa hat.
“Jonathan! Your favorite weirdo is here!” Will yells from the couch. You just give him a playful glare and he laughs. “You know you’re my favorite, (Y/N),” he says with a smile.
“I better be, Byers.” You point your finger at him and toss a box into his chest. Will reacts just in time and catches the box upright. “You’re welcome.”
Will’s eyes go wide and he jumps up to hug you. “Thank you so much, (Y/N)!”
Presents were a rarity in the Byers’ house, so you made sure that you would bring gifts for every holiday. Whether it be Christmas, birthdays, Halloween, or even weird ones like Arbor Day. You started doing that when you first spent Christmas with the Byers’ two years ago. There were maximum 8 presents to split between everyone under their little Christmas tree, and it made your heart hurt.
“You’re welcome, Will. I have some more for everyone in my car if you want to grab them,” you pry him off and present him with your car keys. He eagerly takes them from your hands, dashing to the driveway. Jonathan finally appears in the living room with his hands behind his back, obviously holding something.
“Hey, babe,” you say, greeting him with a small kiss. “I have a present for you.”
“You know you didn’t have to get me anything, (Y/N),” he starts. “You always get me gifts, even for pointless holidays.”
“What?” you pout. “I can’t spoil my boyfriend?”
Jonathan places the little box on the couch before his arms snake around your waist, pulling you closer. You wrap your arms around his neck and give him another kiss. “It’s just that…I feel like I need to spoil you. You’re so amazing and you deserve everything, which I can’t give to you.”
“Hey, Byers, I don’t need any gifts. You are the best thing that I could have.” You smile, looking straight into his eyes. “Plus, I enjoy spoiling you guys a little. You all work so hard, especially your mom, and you all deserve it.”
Jonathan touches his forehead to yours gently. “Wow, I love you,” he whispers before attaching his lips to yours in a passionate kiss. You start to melt a little when you hear the front door slam, prompting you both to pull away. Will stands at the door with a pile of presents in his arms, trying not to topple over. Jonathan just shakes his head at you, knowing that all of them were from you.
“What?” you attempt to look innocent but just end up smiling. You go over to help Will place all the presents under the tree as Jonathan takes a couple off the top of the pile. You all make your way over to the tree and set them down gently. Joyce walks in on you three, drying her hands on a towel, completely puzzled with what was taking place.
“Um, hello?” Joyce suddenly says, startling all of you. You’re the first to stand, followed by Will then Jonathan. “What’s going on?”
“Hi, Mrs. Byers!” You say, rummaging for one of her gifts. You find the one in gold wrapping paper and hand it to her. “Merry Christmas!”
A small smile forms on her face and she pulls you in for a hug. “Thank you so much, (Y/N). You have no idea how much this means to me. I feel like I need to repay you.”
“It’s really no problem, Mrs. Byers. I promise.” You hug her back and when she finally lets go, you can see a few tears in her eyes.
“Oh, wait! Let me go get the camera!” She quickly adds, wiping her eyes. She comes back a few seconds later with an old Polaroid camera in her hands. “Alright, all of you get together!”
You three arrange yourselves in front of the tree and smile wide, arms wrapped protectively around one another. “One, two, three!”
Joyce snaps two pictures and grabs them one by one as they slide out of the camera. She hands one to you and holds on to one for herself.
She smiles at the scene in front of her, content for once in a long time. “My beautiful little family,” she whispers to herself. “My beautiful, little family.”
Here’s a headcanon for every official character :D
Cameroon: He enjoys going to schools around his country, he always tries to play a couple of matches against the kids. He lets them win to build their confidence in themselves.
Egypt: Someone when he’s sad he writes letters to his mother in hieroglyphics, he then puts it in the Nile hoping she’ll find it, one day.
Seychelles: Whenever she visits France’s place she does her hair in a french plait. No reason, She just likes to plait her hair when she visits.
China: Whenever he gets time off, he loves to ride a bike on the xi’an wall, he loves taking in the city. Sometimes he likes to think about how it has changed.
Cyprus: Whenever he is around Greece and Turkey he considers himself the “mature” one. With all their arguing who wouldn’t?
Hong Kong: Due to his fear of the dark, whenever he’s at a friend/family’s house he’ll refuse to let them leave the room he’s sleeping in till he’s asleep, he’ll hold their hand the whole night if that means they’ll stay.
India: His favorite pastime is drawing is hennas on people’s arm, if nobody is around he’ll draw one on himself. Every single one he does is a work of art!
Japan: On trips to meeting or even on holiday he brings an emergency blanket to burrito in, he has been found on more than one occasion huddled up in his hotel room rather than outside enjoying himself.
S.korea: he knows how to K-pop dance, every time one of his many K-pop artist releases a new song with dance moves he’ll practice it till he perfects it.
Macau: Around new people he acts like a gentleman, he always offers the best of his hospitality, around his family he’s a lot more casual and tends to make jokes.
Russia: He is amazing at ballet, only his sisters and his teacher knows this though, he is way too embarrassed to tell anyone else.
Taiwan: She has lucky cats hidden around her house, when she is tired or bored she likes to flick the kitty’s arm. Sometimes she giggles at their movements.
Thailand: Bad hair days are horrible for him, the majority of his day will be dedicated to making his hair fluffy again.
Turkey: Sometimes he likes to go to the mills in his country and help the ladies there make carpets, he loves the detail that goes into them.
Vietnam: Her loves to a coracle around Ha Long Bay, especially at night. She loves to sit in the middle of the bay and stare at the stars.
Austria: He can recite entire script of the sound of music. It’s his favorite musical because it’s from his place and actually happened!
Belarus: When she is around someone she truly hates she’ll stare at them and think of every possible way to kill them till they walk/run away. She always smirks afterwards.
Belgium: She has a habit of cooking when she’s not hungry, she’ll just start making waffles at 3am for no reason. Most of the food she makes is given to her brothers because free food = more money.
Bulgaria: He has an entire cabinet full of his cosplay outfits, he is very careful when washing and drying all of his outfits and rarely ever lets people try them on, for obvious reasons.
Czech: Her tolerance to alcohol is very high. It takes quite a few beers before she can be considered drunk.
Denmark: More than once he has decided to break into Sweden’s house and made a sofa fort, he defends it like it’s his own castle.
England: His favorite tea is Earl Grey. He is open to trying other types though, his second favorite tea is PG tips.
Estonia: He will spend an entire day blogging stuff, sometimes Latvia or Finland will have to come over to make sure he is actually eating and sleeping.
Finland: He’s a lot stronger than many people give him credit for, I mean just think about his country’s sniping history and how he was excited to fight against Lithuania and Poland!
France: On the short breaks (weekends) he likes to travel around his place to taste wine. He can name every vineyard and seller in alphabetical order.
Germany: He takes on more work than he can handle. The reason behind this is so at the end of the week he feels like he has accomplished something.
Greece: Sometimes when he is bored he’ll make mini statues of Greek gods and goddess. He’ll just get a bit of clay and mold it into a god.
Hungary: Her favorite pastime is to bathe in her hot springs. Not these new fancy ones, the original ones that were built during the old days.
Iceland: He has an account for nearly everyone social media site, most of which he’s too scared to actually post something because he fears of being judged.
Italy: I bet you he owns a book based on the different types of pasta, he doesn’t even need it he can name every single style of pasta.
Latvia: The reason he is often hanging out with the micro-nations is because it makes him feel more grown up, he likes being the oldest in a group!
Liechtenstein: She has more than one ribbon. The one her brother gave to her is very special to her, so much so that she bought herself more ribbons so that she doesn’t ruin the one Switzerland got her.
Lithuania: He has defended Latvia more than once, a lot of times when russia was about to punish Latvia, lith took it for him.
Luxembourg: Sometimes when he is feeling mischievous he’ll which the side his hair falls on, this makes ned’s eyes twitch and Belgium mentally scream trying to figure out what’s off.
Moldova: More often than not he’ll watch horror movies way over his age (Well not his actual age but his personified age), he is often scolded by his big brother Romania because of this.
Monaco: She’s made make up tutorials before, they are all very detailed and anyone can pull it off! She has never uploaded any though, the key to her beauty must remain secret~ (even though she’s prettier without it)
Netherlands: He lets his bunny sleep in his bed. As neat as he is having his little fluffy friend to cuddle up with helps him sleep.
Norway: He knows the names and address of every coffee shop at his place, he can also name the place where the coffee was grown. It’s his wine.
Poland: He is very religious, every Sunday he goes to church. As flamboyant as he may be he’ll thank god for all he has.
Portugal: He barely ever combs his hair, not because he doesn’t want to but because he is always doing stuff. When he does get the chance to comb his hair he’ll take a good hour combing it.
Prussia: whenever he is home alone he busts out the old shirt on trousers off moves. If Germany gets home early he’ll be greeted with his awesome brother in his tighty whities.
Romania: Sometimes when he wants to troll people he’ll dye his water blood red, people call him a vampire anyways, why not freak them out a bit more?
Slovakia: He is rather lazy when it comes to personal hygiene, he’d rather just get some dry shampoo and a couple of wet wipes then take an hour in the shower.
South Italy: He often trips over his own feet, so he’ll be walking down the street minding his own business and casually fall over. He plays it off very well though!
Spain: Sometimes when he’s bored he’ll put on his dancing clothes, he doesn’t need a partner, a broom will do quite nicely~
Sweden: Is one of the best dancers ever. Think about it, most of the music that comes from his place are addictive and have dance moves that everyone knows! (Caramelldansen)
Switzerland: Has a manual on how to win monopoly every time, it doesn’t matter if the others see it, so long as he wins he doesn’t care.
Ukraine: She really enjoys being around the micro-nations, especially if they enjoy her company too. She likes to mother the little ones, she’s very motherly.
Hutt river: The main reason he is so fancy is because of Australia, he wants to be noticed by him so he sparkles~
Kunglemungle: He loves to be left alone to practice his art, even if it’s just for a few minutes it can mean the world to him.
Molossia: The only person that truly sees his soft side is america, he is the only person that he trust not to tell anyone
Niko Niko: Although he’s human now he still acts like a micro-nation. He was born as one and he will forever be one to everyone else.
Sealand: He is scared of fires, whenever fire is mentioned he feels tears falling from his eyes. (Sealand had a pretty bad fire a while back)
Seborga: Sometimes he likes to see how many people he can flirt with in one day, he makes it a little game for himself.
TRNC: He barley ever hangs out with the other micro-nations, he’d rather just hang out with turkey and his big brother.
Wy: When she is around the other female nations she asks if they can do her hair, she likes how Ms.Belgium does her hair the most!
America: He still cuddles with a stuffed animals when he’s asleep. He really likes to cuddle things at night and if nobody is nearby his bear is his lifesaver.
Canada: He really likes hiking during his time off, he’ll often go on holidays to mountainy areas so he can go on a nice, long, hike.
Cuba: He enjoys taking naps on the beach, if he could he’d lay there all day watching the waves roll in and out whilst having a cheeky smoke.
Australia: Sometimes when he’s feeling upset he’ll hangout in the bush with all the animals, he feels like he can connect more with the animals than actual people.
New Zealand: He is very aggressive when playing sports, he may seem like a sweetheart when talking but as soon as he puts his uniform on it’s game O N
For those of you who don’t know, “Dirty Laundry” is a Klance AU fanfiction about Lance and Keith making a deal so Lance can bring a boyfriend to his home for the holidays. It’s a great fanfiction (I recommend!) that every Klance shipper should read (of course, if you want to).
Okay so now, the author is receiving hate because of how she wrote the story. First of all, “Gasolina” was a huge song back when I was a kid. It was everywhere! Still is! I laughed at that part so hard that I had to send it to my friend and later, I showed it to my sister. Second, “La Chancla” was in no way a form of abuse. That was how our grandma’s used make us not get into trouble (tenernos derechito as my grandmas says) and my abuela still does that to me sometimes so it’s normal for Latino families! And we have big families! So that is normal too! Third, we don’t know if Lance is Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican or another Latin ethnicity. So just because Lance mentioned Varadero Beach doesn’t make him Cuban. Maybe it was a family vacation that brought him memories. Fourth, Alexi has autism and most people were offended. Guess what? AUTISM IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE. She modeled after her own friends and you people still say she’s wrong? Are we even reading the same commentary? Fifth, just because the author is not Latina, doesn’t mean she can’t write about Latinos. She’s working with Latinos on the story to make it accurate and it is! Her portrayal of the Sanchez family brought me childhood memories with my familia and there were beautiful. Sixth, why in the world would you sent hate to the author? You’re not Latino so why? I’m trying to understand why were you haters offended when nobody of the Latino community was. And you were harassing a MINOR. A minor! She even apologized and made a post that she will change some things to appeal to you haters. But no. You kept sending her hate. What is wrong with you? You haters only know how to spread venom and you LOVE to tear people down. Of course, you say all that because you’re behind a screen. YOU ARE ALL COWARDS. You people sent her so much hate that it got into her mental health. Now she lost her passion for writing. Now she’s probably writing the final chapter of the fic when it was supposed to go longer than that. Now she feels like this is a task. A burden. A duty.
As a Puerto Rican, I never found “Dirty Laundry” racist. I needed to say this because I couldn’t just stay silent and watch everything from the sidelines. You can unfollow me if you want and if you haters dare to send me hate messages or comments, I warn you, you will regret it.
I started thinking about what Sirius’s relationship with Tonks would’ve been like, and this happened.
• Thirteen year old Sirius congratulating Andromeda when he hears about the baby, because he knows nobody else in the family will.
• Sirius making time in the holidays to come and see Tonks, bringing gifts whenever he can.
• Sirius letting baby Tonks play with his hair, and using her hair to help her learn her colours.
• Even when he runs away to live with the Potters, he still makes a point of coming to visit her.
• He decides that no matter what, he’ll be there when she boards the Hogwarts Express for the first time, even if nobody else in her extended family does.
• What he doesn’t realise is that by that point, he’ll be three years into his sentence at Azkaban, and unable to leave.
• The visits start to dwindle when he graduates and war takes the place of Hogwarts, but he still comes round whenever he can.
• He tries to keep things as normal as he can, listening as she tells him about her exploits at school and not telling her about the war, wanting her to have as normal a childhood as possible.
• Tonks being as much a part of what keeps Sirius fighting as anything else.
• Sirius telling James, Remus and Peter that if anything happens to him, he wants them to break it to Andromeda and Tonks as gently as possible.
• Remus having no idea that this duty would end up falling to him.
• Tonks spending the next twelve years struggling to equate her beloved big cousin with the man who betrayed his friends and killed thirteen muggles.
• Tonks and Sirius starting to bond again after he gets out of Azkaban.
• Sirius spotting Tonks’s crush on Remus before even she’s aware of it.
• Sirius in the afterlife being the biggest Remadora shipper ever, hoping that they’ll be able to make each other happy, since they both deserve it.
• Sirius pretending not to be happy with Remus for marrying his baby cousin so soon after he died, but secretly being happy for them.
• Tonks becoming an honorary Marauder in the afterlife.
That’s all I’ve got just now, I may think of more later.