After a serious fight with her best friend Mal, Alina accidentally wishes for The Darkling, also known as the Goblin King, to take him away and he, who had fallen in love with her, grants the wish.
Once she realizes her mistake she tries to get the Darkling to free her friend, but he is relentless and tells her that
the only way to free the boy is to solve his labyrinth in less than 13 hours or stay in the boy’s place. Alina, thinking it’ll be an easy task, chooses to solve the labyrinth, surely she can save them both.
What follows next is an adventure full of magic, unexpected friends and allies, dream ballroom sequences with dresses as black as the King’s magic and offers of eternity of servitude and love. Will Alina solve the labyrinth and save both her and Mal? Or will the Darkling win the deal?
The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only.
tips for lovelies traveling to NYC (for the newark bts concert or just in general)
• don’t stop for people on the streets trying to “show you” their mixtape or anything else. some of them have absolutely no problem with stealing from you/forcing you to give them “donations” (times square is especially bad for this)
• for you fashion junkies, new york is a great place to get all dressy and cute, however you really need to try and stay comfortable. it’s predicted to be cold almost all this week besides saturday, bundle up please! also if you can, it’s a good idea to invest in good walking shoes, you probably will be walking a lot. gel insoles help as well.
• if your feet get achy after a day out, rub them with vicks vapor rub at night! it helps sooth the pain and prepare you for another day of walking
• invest in a charging power brick for your phone. your battery will drain faster than you think most likely. you’ll probably need your phone for directions and such
• google maps is a big help and has a transit option and will show you the stops your subway train will take you and how many left until your stop.
• if you text the number on the sign at a bus stop it’ll tell you how close your bus is
• keep your stuff close in the subway stations and on the train/buses to refrain from it being stolen/lost
• bathrooms in new york are often very hard to find, there are apps that will help you find bathrooms, just look up NYC bathrooms in your app store. (hotel bathrooms are usually the nicest but make sure they’re open to the public)
• locals aren’t always “rude” like a lot of people seem to think, a lot of them are in a hurry to get where they’re going, however i’ve met some of the nicest people in new york city. do not be afraid to ask someone for help/directions.
• be aware of your surroundings (this goes for anywhere, i just have to throw it out there)
• for those of you with anxiety, remember to breathe! new york city is a big, crowded place, but it doesn’t have to be scary. sit down and take a break from all of the hustle if you have to. times square also may not be a place you want to stay in for too long, it’s even more crowded than the rest of NYC and most of the people there are tourists just looking to have a good time (which may come off as a bit obnoxious)
• ifyou’re looking for things to do, you don’t have to just stay in manhattan, you should venture out to the rest of NYC. brooklyn happens to be one of my favorite places.
• there is a store called koryo books in k town, you can buy kpop merch, along with books and other things here.