treat yourself as that child that needs your help and protection.
1. let yourself cry and feel the pain
2. take hot showers
3. make sure you eat something
4. put on some clothes and go out for a walk. sit on a bench somewhere. look around and realise you are alive. you’ve got amazing experiences ahead, trust me.
5. distract yourself: read, redecorate your room, draw, write…
6. call your family or friends. if you are lucky to live near them hang out with them. they are the people who will always love you unconditionally.
7. set a goal: learn a new language, broaden your knowledge in a subject you are interested in, start a blog…
8. clean: your room, wardrobe, phone, bed sheets…
Keep the first days simple as you’ll probably feel very tired:
eat, take shower, talk to your family or friends and sleep.
After couple days force yourself to get out of the house. Even if it feels like you don’t have the strength. I promise you will feel better. Once you get out start the habit of going for a walk or any other kind of exercise everyday. It will be very therapeutic and you’ll realise you’re slowly but surely taking steps forward.
Try to follow a self care routine afterwards. Make sure you eat, sleep, clean yourself, go out and socialise. Your hobbies will make you feel accomplished and productive.
After the first week you will notice feeling better. It’s the time of loving yourself at the maximum. Go out on dates with yourself, shopping, to cafes, to the beach…
Everyday you will feel better.
If with that one person you experienced such great things imagine what life has for you. Much more people to come with much more incredible experiences.
Live your life and take care x