Oh gosh hi! Fellow Aussie here and going to start the dreaded HSC year (well kind of already in term 2 of it but yeah) What kind of study plan did you have and how did you deal with being clueless about choosing what to do??! Thanks 😅
Hey! Thanks for asking!! Lovely to meet fellow Aussies around tumblr ^_^ tumblr mobile version hasn’t been working lately, so I had to get on the computer to finally type this reply up lol.
- As for my study plan, if I had to summarise it, I just studied a lot and regularly. Like I did everything assigned.
- Everyday after school I would go to the library because I had to wait for my brother to get back from his school, so I’d aim to finish my homework during that period, or at least by 7pm.
- The rest of the time I would make my study notes according to the syllabus dot points provided by the Board of Studies for whatever topic I learned that day in class. If you learn everything about those dot points, you will get a Band 6 with little additional effort.
- I tried to understand or resolve any problems I had during class time by asking questions as they came up, so that I wouldn’t have to spend time re-learning the content when it came to exam revision.
- About 4 weeks prior to exam time, I would allocate time to start memorising everything I wrote under the dot points.
- I would do a different subject every day, because it was better than switching to study all 6 subjects for half an hour each day. You can get into the flow of it better. I marked the subjects on a monthly calendar and rotated so that I would study each subject. I would allocate more days for harder subjects like English Advanced, and less time for Agriculture (which I could memorise in no time at all - in fact I probably spent like 3 days during stuvac to revise the whole year’s content).
- I’d usually schedule a break between homework and study time for like dinner, a shower, and some light manga reading.
I’ve made a post about how I chose my degree, so that will be out soon. I’ll tag you in it :D