click here for a link to the playlist on spotify!
Here are some quotes from the songs to share how I think they could relate to Justin’s story. If not relatable to his character lyric-wise, they do sound, in my opinion, like something Justin would listen to. Enjoy, and let me know if I should do more?
• Salad Days by Mac Demarco : “ Oh mama, actin’ like my life’s already over / Oh dear, act your age and try another year / Always feeling tired, smiling when required / Write another year off and kindly resign"
• Breezeblocks by Alt-J : “Please don’t go, please don’t go / I love you so, I love you so / Please break my heart” & “Break down, now weep / Build up breakfast, now let’s eat"
• Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons : "You’re not as brave as you were at the start / Rate yourself and rake yourself / Take all the courage you have left / And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head” & “But it was not your fault but mine / And it was your heart on the line / I really fucked it up this time / Didn’t I, my dear?"
• Halo by Cage the Elephant : "Knew I, couldn’t help myself / I had to lay low. / Got so high couldn’t help myself / I lost my halo.” & “All my life / With a sekeleton. / I had to let go"
• Young Dumb & Broke by Khalid : "I can not give you everything, you know I wish I could / I’m so high at the moment / I’m so caught up in this / Yeah, we’re just young, dumb and broke / But we still got love to give” & “Young dumb broke high school kids"
• Morning in America by Jon Bellion : "I’ve been trying to keep up with all of these great expectations / So I keep on faking” & “We’re secretly out of control, nobody knows it / But my mom’s got a problem with oxy’s and she’s angry / Cause my dad’s office door’s always closed / But I stopped knocking / Yeah, we’re secretly out of control and everyone knows” & “Cause the great expectations got all us imitating”
• Everyday by Magic Man : “Don’t stop to worry, there’s nothing worse / When you’re falling off the surface of the earth / I start to wonder, how much you care / When you’re slowly disappearing up the stairs"
• Alleyways by The Neighbourhood : "And we all grew up, shit got tough / Shit just wasn’t simple enough” & “What a mistake, saying the way I felt / I say my name influences myself / And cause I started young, I learned it done, I didn’t run / La da da da da da / I was scared as fuck and out of touch, and I was still testing my luck, oh”