Some days the bravest thing to do is to fix our eyes on the light and keep going on. Some days the strongest thing to do is to keep trusting God. Some days - all the days - the best thing to do is to keep holding on to grace.
I’m so proud of him. I’m so, so proud. Over the years, we all know he’s gotten so much flack over his voice. Having people cut him down, erode his confidence, tell him he needs to change. On a normal day, I’d be worrying about that when he stepped on a stage by himself the first time. For the first time on a live broadcast even! Not because I don’t think he can stand on his own (I absolutely do) but because I know he’s had so many people implying he’s less, trying to break his faith in himself.
But he’s so strong. He’s such a strong person. He stepped up in one of the worst times of his life, under a weight I can’t even understand. When anyone would be struggling with the added flood of grief and sorrow and pure emotion… and that’s when he gave his first solo performance. And it was an amazing job, it was his voice so clear and strong. He believed in it and trusted it and gave an incredible performance. Whatever people have tried to tear down, he’s built back up.
I will live with his belting out “The sun goes down and it comes back up, the world it turns, no matter what” ringing in my ears from now on. Louis not only faced every obstacle I would have guessed, he faced so much more than I had no idea he would need to… and he shined so bright. Sang so proudly. We’re all so proud, we know just how proud Jay would be.
Imagine if you will, as the album starts, that you’re way out in space looking at the earth and, though it’s impossible to “fall” through space, you start a free fall anyway in the direction of the bright blue marble. For the next 75 minutes you plummet toward the earth, losing more and more perspective on what an abstract and impermanent place our planet is, how predictably we step on the same rakes, slip on the same banana peels over and over again through the ages, quickly becoming more and more immersed in the very messy business of being a human – the dubious privilege of being here, the elusiveness of meaning, true love and its habitual absence, random euphoria and the inexplicable misery of others, truth and its more alluring counterfeits, the sophistication of answers that don’t make any sense, the barbarism of our appetites, lucky breaks and injustice, faith and ignorance, crippling, mind-numbing boredom, and the terror of it all ending too soon. Before you know it, you’ve delicately crash-landed and ﬁnd yourself lying on your back looking up at the stars. If you’re lucky, with someone you love; even if just for a day, a year, a lifetime. Though just an hour has passed you have no recollection of what the earth looked like from the far-ﬂung reaches of space, nor how simple it all seemed a matter of minutes ago.
“No matter how much a man may try to do what is right, the outcome may not be one that he foresees or desires. And that’s ground for regret–sometimes verra great regret,” he added more softly, “but not for everlasting guilt. For it is there we must throw ourselves on God’s mercy and hope to receive it.”
-Jamie Fraser, The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon
Every time I read this quote I can’t help but believe that Jamie is speaking about Claire and the many things he wishes to relive with her. He always did what was right: married her, loved her, let her go, felt guilty for her choosing to stay with him, feeling guilty for not being able to protect her, saving her countless times, breaking his promise, FAITH, sending her back. All of these moments were most likely rushing through his head, and he ached to have her back. His desires are not as obtainable now so he throws himself at God’s mercy and does what he can to keep moving forward.
I see people booing players, some has gone as far as saying ‘sell Messi’, the same people who were cursing board for not renewing his contract…like shut the fuck up mother fuckers, you don’t even qualify to be a Barca fan. So what if my team doesn’t win la liga (or no trophy at all this season) I’LL STILL SUPPORT THEM WITH MY EVERYTHING because football is a beautiful game & sometimes trophies don’t measure your capabilities & i think FCB 6-1 PSG is a good example of that. & no we aren’t going to be the next Man U or Milan, this isn’t the end…this isn’t even fucking close to the end this is much like when Ronaldo has two shit matches then scores a hatrick on the third one, so those who are saying Barca’s era has come to an end or messi has come to an end SHUT THE FUCK UP MOTHER FUCKERS BECAUSE IF WE’VE EVEN 1% CHANCE TO WIN THE LIGA, WE’LL HAVE 99% FAITH. FROM NOW ON EVERY MATCH IS GOING TO BE A 'REMONTADA’ JUST WATCH….
My heart is breaking and I am losing faith in humanity. The Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S rule are not harmful or unnecessary in any way! Donald Trump is the most harmful and unnecessary thing that is on this planet. He is planning to destroy our beautiful world with his greed for money. It blows my mind how this man is our president. This will end badly for us all.