Brave - The Essential Guide: Clan Macintosh
‘Wiry, proud Lord Macintosh and his athletic son are fierce fighters. But Young Macintosh tends to tear up when things don’t go his way. He looks fearless, but he quickly resorts to slapping and sobbing during a battle. There’s no crying in swordfights!
• Did You Know? Ancient Scottish warriors painted themselves blue to apper intimidating.
- A sore loser, Young Macintosh has a childish temper tantrum, which doesn’t win Merida's admiration.
Lord Macintosh likes to boast. When he introduces his son at the ceremony, he tells the crowd that Young Macintosh defended their land from the northern invadors and canquised a thousand foes with his sword.
“At least we have hair!” - Lord Macintosh
Father & Son:
The dynamic father-son duo is an impressive team. They both favor big, heavy weapons and wild-looking hair. If victories were decided on fierce looks alone. they would always win.
- Macintoshes never wear undershirts. Their temper keeps them warm enough.
- Lord Macintosh favors a flail for fights, but his son thinks his sword gives him a “sharper” image.
Lord Macintosh likes:
• Using his flail to crack walnuts- and heads.
Young Macintosh likes:
• Showing off
• Being ignored by Merida
Young Macintosh is used to crowds of adoring young ladies screaming every time he tosses his long flowing locks. His ego is as big as he sword.’
Brave. The Essential Guide. Pages 32 & 33