- 11/10 would recommend
- Sebastian Stan is a soft space puppy
- the plot is so compelling and gripping while staying very real
- it made me cry about potatoes
- seriously. Potatoes are a very emotional subject right now.
- Matt Damon’s performance was incredible
- also a really diverse cast compared to movies like this generally have
- such cute side characters. Jessica Chastains badass and competent but also very compassionate captain, Michael Penas loyal and snarky flight guy, Sebastian Stan as an aforementioned soft space puppy and Kate Mara as the most adorkable science kitten (brand new otp), the bleach blonde satellite girl who’s name I don’t know, Donald glover as a crazy smart scientist, Sean bean as alive - it’s very good and I haven’t even listed them all
- the nasa people (Chiwetel Ejiofor is wearing these unfairly hot hipster glasses which is beside the point) but it very clearly doesn’t make them villains - they have hard choices to make that they don’t make lightly
- it’s everything amazing about Apollo 13 and Gravity rolled into one
- the Mars landscapes are incredible
- Matt Damon does such. A. Good. Job. I spent the whole movie on the edge of my seat.
TL;DR GO SEE THE MARTIAN ITS AMAZING
so there is this really special girl in my life that I love with everything that I am and for christmas this year, I wrote her a song and made her a music video. please watch and share this! it means the world to me <3