Season 13 - What we know so far!
I know, we’re still all processing the finale and there is no Spoiler Sheet to sooth your thirst for info…OR IS THERE!
The Season 13 spoiler sheet will get up and running right before shooting starts and, but until then, this is out place holder. So without further ado, here’s what we know about season 13.
Information is listed newest first! Last updated: May 24.
There will be an Animated SCOOBY DOO crossover episode. No I’m not making this up. (x) It will be written by Jeremy Adams and Jim Krieg. Jared, Jensen AND MISHA have already recorded their voice parts. This will be episode 16. (x)
- Returning Cast:
Here’s what we knew about Mark Sheppard and Misha in Season 13 as of May 19.old
- Misha Collins: On May 20, Jared lets slip that Misha is going to be in the Scooby Doo episode so we WILL GET MISHA/CAS Back. Misha confirmed this on twitter. (x)
- Mark Sheppard:
Conversely, it does not look like Mark Sheppard is coming back. (x)Update: Mark S is not returning as a season regular. (x)
- Mark Pellegrino: No solid information, but return in season 13 is likely.
- Samantha Smith: No solid information, but return in season 13 is likely.
- Ruth Connell: No information.
- Kim, Briana, Kathryn and Katherine: Kim mentioned at Asylum 18 that something was in the works for Season 13, involving them. This was repeated at JIB con by Briana and she mentioned it would be “All four of us” and it might be Next year so, this could be in 2018. (x)
- The Nephilim - Jack - is played by Alexander Calvert.
- Richard Speight Jr. is once again directing 2 episodes.
- Prep begins June 26. Now, I’m not sure if that means shooting starts the 10th or the 17th of July, but we’ll know by mid-June.
- Jensen is NOT directing. It was the plan but he had to pull out because of the brewery opening. :(
Something for season 13 was already shot during the shooting of episode 22! Update: not shot, but recorded - the dialogue for the Scooby Doo episode!
- The writers returned to start work on the season on May 15.
- The writing staff is unchanged from season 12: Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer are showrunners, writers: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming, Robert Berens, Meredith Glynn, Steve Yockey, Davy Perez, John Bring (writers assistant, occasional writer).
- Should be 23 episodes.
- If previous years are an indicator, Season 13 should premier on October 12. The day and timeslot - Thursday at 8pm, remains the same as the second half of season 12.
- Supernatural was renewed for season 13 on January 8, 2017.
I’ll keep this updated as new info bleeds out, but I anticipate May and June to be pretty quiet on that front. As always - if you see something, send it my way!