A Country Is On The Brink Of Genocide And Very Few Know About It
Here’s why the Central African Republic deserves your undivided attention:
1. More than 2,000 people have been killed since Christian fighters supporting ousted President Bozize tried to take back the capital from Muslim rebels in December 2013.
2. International aid organizations as well as the United Nations fear the death toll will only increase, and high-level officials have warned that tensions between the ethnic communities have deteriorated so sharply that the country is at risk of genocide.
3. The United Nations estimates that nearly a million of the CAR’s 4.6 million people are displaced, while half of the population depends on aid.
4. The conflict is taking a devastating toll on the country’s children.
5. There are peacekeepers present but they are unable to stop the violence.