This is a list of CaptainSwan fics I personally love.
Lend me Some Sugar, I am Your Neighbor by Bemusedbicycle AU. Killian and Emma knew each other in middle school before she was taken away to a new foster home. They meet each other again years later as neighbors in an apartment complex. Contains smut. (complete)
2. Put me in Coach, I’m Ready to Play by Bemusedbicycle AU. Emma is the new head of PR for the Pittsburgh Pirates and her first task is to get playboy shortstop Killian Jones under control. If baseball isn’t your thing, fear not for there is very little baseball in this story. (in progress)
[Side note: TBH anything by bemusedbicycle.tumblr.com is amazing, follower her on tumblr and you will love all the oneshots she makes.]
3. Sex Ed with Killian Jones by FreeRen AU. Emma Swan and Killian Jones sit next to each other during their Human Sexuality class at college. Emma is quite interested in her shy neighbor, but he has a small secret. (in progress)
4. Instantly in Love by haleigh91 AU. Emma Swan is the co-owner and manager of a popular bar in New York where her star bartender is the cocky Killian Jones. In their public lives, they hate each other. Little do they know that in their personal, online lives, the person that they’ve been chatting with for weeks (the one they’ve so desperately somehow fallen for) just so happen to be each other. (complete)
5. That’s the way I Wanna Rock N’ Roll by BelovedCreation AU. Killian Jones, lead singer and guitarist of Jolly Roger, is the bad boy of the music industry. When he starts getting ominous death threats, his team decides to hire personal security expert Emma Swan to keep him out of danger. Can the leather-clad rocker and undercover bodyguard learn to work together before it is too late? (in progress)
6. Best Man by XoxPhoenix10 Lieutenant Duckling. In an attempt to flee King George, the lost princess turned thief, finds herself aboard the Jewel of the Realm… pretending to be a man. But what happens when she falls in love with her scoundrel of a lieutenant, on the brink of turning into the most feared pirate of all the realms? Rated as T for now for mild swearing and future adult content. (hasn’t been updated in a while but hoping it will be)
7. Wasn’t Love, Love by Revenessa AU. Captain Hook decides not to wait until the curse is broken to reach the land without magic, his early arrival to our world will change everything, because the handsome pirate will appear in Emma’s life earlier than expected, long before Emma gets to Storybrooke. (very long, very good, still in progress)
8. The Lost Boys by Niniadepapa AU. He’s the charming, out of control frontman of one of the most successful bands in the world. She’s a hard-working rising actress. Sometimes it’s hard to find out what’s real and what’s make-believe when fame’s in the game. (this story was so good it was the best piece of fanfiction I have read to date and is sadly completed)
9. A Woman Like the Sea by SLimac AU. Emma Swan never expected for her blind date to be the same person who was her only friend as a child. When Emma and Killian are reunited they decide that being just friends is enough for them. But were they ever really just friends? The answer becomes more complicated the longer they are together, especially after a serious accident makes Emma reconsider her decisions. (another one of my all time favorites, still in progress)
10. Across Time and Space by Annaelle AU Seventeen year old Emma Swan unwittingly and accidentally falls through a mysterious portal that lands her in the middle of the ocean, only to be saved by a young, dashing lieutenant, and to be brought aboard the Jewel of The Realm. Will she be able to find her home? And if she does… Will she still want to go? Lieutenant Duckling with eventual progression to Captain Swan. (very long, still in progress)
11. For the Love of Swan by Carlet Kinda of AU. “She was without oxygen for six minutes. So there’s a chance Emma won’t wake up.” When Emma is shot, all she knows and loves is now all a blur. But will the love she and Hook once shared be enough to bring everything back? Or will this be end to their happy ending? (in progress)
12. Under the Horizon by YouAndMeComeWhatever Set after 3x06. One push, one mistake, and Emma found herself on the deck of Jolly Roger, only 300 years ago. And the only way for her to get back is to find her true love, which, at the moment, seems impossible. With Hook furious and grieving over Milah’s very recent death, Emma’s left to pick up the pieces of his broken heart, that is, if she wants to get home. (complete)
14. God Only Knows by Shimmersea AU Begins from the Episode Tallahassee. Emma goes through the portal alone, and is stranded in a world she doesn’t She quickly encounters a rather dashing pirate, but despite making a deal with him to get home will she be able to trust him enough to work together? Or should she even trust him in the first place? (THIS STORY IS SO GOOD I CAN’T EVEN TELL YOU! It is still in progress but it is so long and so satisfying and you will adore it)
15. With Love and Jello by mrspatrickdempsey Series of ficlets following Emma and Killian’s journey to love with a little Jello on the side. Killian believes that Jello contains medicinal properties and no one has the heart to tell him. (adorable little stories to make your heart melt)
Now a few special shout outs: Two of my friends are currently working on their own stories and I would especially love if you guys click on the ones below.
Lilac Wine by miamoretti AU. Emma Swan is an international popstar who goes off the grid following a very public and messy breakup with her now-former manager, Neal. Killian Jones works at a countryside hotel owned by his brother in the rural English village where Emma chooses to hide out. They find themselves drawn to each other, but what will happen when Neal turns up, intent on winning Emma back?
On the Run by mamageek AU. In a world where magic is known but banned, telekinetic Emma Swan has been on the run since she was a teenager to protect herself and her family from the people in power. She’s used to being alone, but when she meets the mysterious and dangerous Killian Jones at a bus station, he seems unwilling to let that stand. But are either of them as dangerous as they seem?