I can’t sleep rn so let’s talk about all the levels on which Welcome to the Madness is great
- The whole skating routine is so punk rock, so fresh and unconventional, and so Yuri. He’s really expressing himself, no holds barred, and it’s gorgeous and mesmerizing.
- But when you figure all of that, and then add in that he’s skating to Otabek’s music – like Beka is his inspiration, someone who synergizes with him creatively, and the whole routine, from the outfits to the choreography, is their joint creation – I’m just like *clutches chest* *wheezes profusely*
- There’s so many more dynamics to Yuri and Otabek’s relationship and interactions now than were in the show. I don’t have enough capacity for coherent thought right now to break them down, and that should probably wait for a full scan to come out. But how wonderfully they work together, and complement each other, and play off each other after like a WEEK of friendship is the stuff that shipper dreams are made of.
- But for one thing, they are both so cool and nonchalant about that whole sexy af performance, that they have to be incredibly comfortable with each other to pull it off with such ease.
- Everyone who thought Otabek was nothing but a quiet shy guy is IN FOR SOME SURPRISES WHOO BOY. I love him to bits either way – as the cool bad boy on a bike, or as the super-cool club DJ, or as the super-super-cool-super-extra-finger-lickin-good boy. But now he has quite a bit of depth, and every new detail we learn just makes us love him more 👍
- It’s not that often that I’ve been part of a fandom that has allowed me to see my favorite ship become canon right before my eyes. This journey over the past several months has been so beyond awesome, and for all its flaws the YOI fandom is really nothing short of amazing. I am quite certain that we made this happen by showing our support and love for Otayuri ever since that fateful day of Episode 10.
- Finally, now all the haters/anti-shippers can literally go suck it (and by “it” I mean Yuri’s index finger) ☝️☝️☝️👅👅👅