“🎤 What’s the last song you hummed or sang by yourself?”
“He got cooking by the book from lazytown stuck in my head. Yesterday I was making brownies since I had a chocolate craving and a box of brownie mix was the only chocolate in the house, so I was humming it to myself as I was baking-”
I'm doing a selection of Jonny's favorite books, bands/artist/tracks, and so on, have you got any information about it?
ei tried to look up and remember from my head these:
1) Clive James, almost anything - i think he rec’d last year “Poetry Notebooks 2006-2014″ and he read once a poem for BBC (i might be hallucinating about it being bbc but i know it was him)
2) Sword of Honour series - he rec’d the audiobook
3) Abandon The Old In Tokyo - manga
4) Generation X, Douglas Coopland
5) The Imperfect Art
Also, I believe he’s probably as much of a Thomas Pynchon aficcionado as the rest of the band and that he digs “A Brief History of Time” by Stephen Hawking. + Astro Boy, probably. There is another manga i remember him quoting but i can’t recall the name… I’ll look up and update - SAGA* is the name of the manga! also, in poetry: e.e. cummings*, thomas hardy*, philip larkin*
ok, so this will be even more messier than the list before:
messien, penderecki, can, cocteau twins, grizzly bear, tuco band, miles davis, elvis costello, mo’wax, the pixies, pink floyd (live at pompeii and meddle), throwing muses, reggae (try the “jonny greenwood is the controller” compilation!), steve reich, sun ra and his arkestra… sonic youth*, blur (blur)* the list is never ending honestly
* - anon added those!
also, video games:
Braid (360, Mac, Windows PC, PS3)
Cave Story (Mac, PC, Wii, and others)
Elite (BBC Micro and others)
Half Life series (360, Mac, PC, PS3, and others)
Red Dead Redemption (360, PS3)
Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64, Wii)
Zelda Twighlight Princess (GameCube, Wii)
The Talos Principle (PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Android, Linux)
- going to bed at a normal time and staying awake for 3 more hours
- replaying scenes of past events in my head and overthinking them
- buying even more books although I have a huge stack of unread ones
- procrastinating. everything.
i have never understood people who think musicals are boring/lame. they get away with way more violence, sex, social commentary, and profanity than mainstream movies do, just because its all done onstage in song form
I know I shouldn’t be talking to you. My friends are disapproving, but you are my guilty pleasure, I can’t resist you. You are the reason I smile and you are the reaoson I cry. But I can’t look past the pain you caused, but then again I am so deeply in love with you that I can’t resist you. I know I shouldn’t be talking to you, but I will.
Me, singing Man Up:
Time to man u--SAL TLAY KA SITI A PLACE OF HOPE AND JO-man up!!-AND IF WE WANT TO GO THEREEE WE JUST HAVE TO FOLLOW THAT WHIIITE B- time to !! - heavENLY FATHER WHY DO YOU LET BAD THINGS HAPPEN? -sal tlay ka sitiiiii- did you get my t-MORE TO THE POINT, WHY DO YOU LET BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO MEEE?- sal tlay ka sitiiiii, we got y- I'M SURE YOU DON'T THINK I'M A FLAKE- maan upppp!- BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY MADE A MISTAKE! - turn it off!! - I'M GOING WHERE YOU NEED ME MOST: ORLLAAAANNDDOOOOO! ORLANNDOOOOO!- we will listen to the fat white g- mY TIME TO, TIME TO, NOW IT'S MY TIME TO TIME TO- but hasa diga ebowai- NO TIME TO, NOT TIME TO, NO NOW IT'S TIME TO TIME TO-- huuh!- I'M IN THE LEAD FOR THE VERY FIRST - time tooo!- I'M GOING WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SH- time too!- GOT TO STAND UP (ahhh) GET MY (ahhhh) FLIPPIN CAN UP, IT'S TIME TO,,, TIME TO,,, MAN UP!-- SAL TLAYYYY KA SITTTIIIII (hey ya ya)- SAL TLAYYYY KA SITTIIII-(HEY YA YA)- 'LANDO ORLANDO (SAL TLAY KA SITTIII)- I'M COMMINNGG (MAN U-) ORLAN-- (turn it off!)- SAL TLAYYYY KA SITTIIIII- IT IS TIMMEEE TOOOO- I still have maggots in my scrotum !!!!
In my head I know I’ve been in love before, but it doesn’t feel like it. Being in love with you is better than the first time. It feels like the first time and the last time and the only time all at once.
Booklr! Let's put together a list of book tropes we really bloody hate and would love to never read again ever.
- The main character randomly seeing themselves in a mirror and deciding to describe their entire appearence in detail. Usually includes something about how ugly or bland they think their perfect, model-like face/body is.
- Love triangles. Do I even need to say anything else?
- The borderline abusive, supposedly mysterious but actually just really boring love interest. Bonus points if this one pairs up with the love triangle one.
- When the author has zero knowledge about something (usually computers or other technical stuff) but decides to claim a side character is literally the best person in this field ever and prove it by making them do super average stuff they personally think is impressing because they just have no idea. Like, restarting a computer or guessing someone’s password does not make your character a mastermind hacker. Please just stop.
Uraraka would be the second after Kirishima to ask Bakugou for help on school assignments. Their classmates aren’t afraid of him, but if they can avoid some of his temper tantrums, they’ll do it.
Uraraka takes it in stride when she approaches him with all the major concepts highlighted. Underlined are aspects she’s having trouble understanding.
Bakugou’s first reaction is complete flustered rage. She’s holding her notebook and textbook wearing that determined expression on her face, and it’s so damn earnest that he can feel his palms start to sweat. It’s not good when his palms sweat.
“What the fuck are you talking about?”
“Uh! It’s the law course.” I can’t imagine a heroics school not having a law department and law centered classes, “A recent law was passed, and I’m not 100% on it.”
His face turns red. His hands are sweaty. He stuffs them in his pockets and takes them out, snatching the textbook from her, “No shit, you’ve got a shit edition.”
It’s a blink and you miss it moment, and Uraraka’s face flushes in embarrassment. She tries to pull the book away from him, and he’s SHIT FUCK WHY THE SHIT DID I FUCKING DO IT! IDIOT!
“Got the new edition in my room.”
She stares blankly.
“Why the fuck are you standing there?” He scoffs, “If you don’t want my help, carry your ass somewhere else.”
“Oh really! Thanks!”
AND…it ends up as an impromptu study session where Bakugou explains the concepts in a strangely clear light despite his aggressiveness and flustered state. He stumbles through several terms, and she recites her understanding from the notes.
It’s a productive session, and he forgets Kirishima’s sparring match. But Kirishima forgives him when he finds out what he was doing; he manages to get it out of him fifteen seconds after talking to him the next day.
“Hey man, what’s up, you missed out on the match yesterday.”
“I WASN’T FUCKING HELPING THAT DOPE WITH HER HOMEWORK.”