Kdramas I’ve completed *In order of how I watched them!* and how I rate them..chat me up about ANY drama listed, or recommend more! :) **SOME CONTAIN SLIGHT SPOILERS!**
1. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon– 10/10 **This was my introduction to the amazing world of kdrama, and oh boy did it hook me!! The chemistry between Bo Young and Hyung Sik will forever be etched into my brain!
2. The Heirs– 8/10 **The most compelling thing in this show for me was Kim Woo Bin. This was my first intro to second male lead syndrome.
3. Hwarang– 7/10 **Not gonna lie, started this because of Kim Taehyung, and happily finished it because the drama brought more than I expected. It was slow in places, but wrapped up well.
4. High Society– 5/10 ** Not my cup of tea to be honest…I much preferred the second leads’ relationship over the first leads’. Even Park Hyungsik wasn’t enough to keep me enthralled…this was a drama I completed just to get it over with.
5. Oh My Ghostess– 10/10. PARK BO YOUNG IS DAEBAK! I seriously love this woman…she was able to portray two distinct personality types, sometimes nearly simultaneously. Also, Jo Jung-suk as Chef Kang made my heart race!
6. Healer– 9/10 ** This would have gotten a ten had they wrapped up the loose ends a little better, alas, they did not…Also, this was my introduction to Ji Chang Wook. His character is just amazing and JCW depicts him so well!
7. Emergency Couple– 10/10 **This is still one of my favorites. I liked the progression between Chang Min and Jin Hee, and how it wasn’t an immediate reconciliation when they met back up. They both had themselves to find and were mature (most of the time) about giving eachother the space needed to make it work.
8. Weight-lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo– 10/10. **I loved everything about this drama. The story line, the actors, the chemistry between the leads, and I really loved Ji Il-joo as Joo-hyuk’s best friend :)
9. She Was Pretty 7/10 ** CHOI SI-WON!!! Kim Shin Hyeok is my favorite character in all of dramaland…unfortunately he was second male lead, and my favorite part about the drama. All of the actors portrayed their characters well, I just didn’t connect with many of them throughout the whole show.
10. Fated to Love You 8/10 ** There were times when Gun was literally too much to handle..Also, episode 12 made me take a break from kdramas for a while and reflect on my life choice to become addicted to something like kdramas. Before this episode I realized that I really was spoiled in the shows I watched not having scenes that literally made my heart feel constricted the way this one did.
11. To the Beautiful You– 7/10 ** I liked the show overall, but thought that Sulli would never pass as a male… to me she still screamed female while dressed and living as a male. Kang Ha-Neul was the shinning point for me :)
12. Angel Eyes– 7/10 ** KANG HA-NEUL! :) The show was predictable at times which made it kind of drag on in places, and the female lead was frustrating af, but I enjoyed it overall. Although the teenage years were only in a few episodes (and then some flashbacks) I think the pairing was much more endearing than the adults. I also really liked the chemistry between Kang Ha-nuel and Name Ji-Hyun
13. Doctors– 6/10** Not my cup of tea….Park Shin Hye was great, but it was kind of boring to me..The guest starring of Ji Soo was nice though :)
14. Shopping King Louie– 9/10. I LOVED this drama. I thought the character of Louie was endearing in how he didn’t understand much of the outside world (being rich and all) and relied on Bok-Shil to basically survive. Again, loved Nam Ji-Hyun in this.
15. Pinocchio– 8/10 **HELLO LEE JONG-SUK! :) My favorite thing, other than watching the evolution of the leads’ relationship was watching the relationship between Dal-po and his brother, Jae-Myung. I think the character development of Jae-Myung felt the most real to me. How circumstances turned him into a killer and how he handled the aftermath of that, letting Dal-po settle things legally.
16. W (Two Worlds)– 8/10 **Back to back Lee Jong-Suk. I liked the complexities of this drama. There were times when I really wasn’t sure what was coming next and the suspense kept me returning to my computer as soon as possible to finish it!
17. Marriage, Not Dating– 8/10 **Not gonna lie, the more I watching this, the more I WANTED To hate it, but I didn’t. I’m not sure why I wanted to…I think it became semi predictable and some of the characters were hard pills to swallow, but damnit I was rooting so hard for Gi-tae and Jang-mi until the very end.
18. Love From Another Star 10/10 ** Let me count the ways…This was so endearing, and funny, and melancholic, and in places, SO FUCKING SAD. I will happily admit I cried, and when I inevitably watch it again, I’ll cry again.
Can we talk about how Mr. Bang laughs in episode 28 when they say they are daiting. Like his face is like “Finally, I knew it”. He is in my eyes one of the best characters from suspicious partner and I am really happy he survived the attack, because without him everyone is so sad, he is just a great character.
I really loved Park Bo Young. She’s that lovable. She really was Do Bong Soon and, because Park Bo Young truly was Do Bong Soon, I loved her. I wanted to love her more but [the drama] unfortunately ended.