10 more Touhou canon things that you may or may not know
Since the original post recently got a burst of reblogs, I thought I’d make another one. Here goes!
10. Remilia and Clownpiece both speaks English.
9. Most of Gensokyo’s youkai rabbits were originally pets that were abandoned.
8. Kappa eat (as in legend) shirikodama, which are balls extracted from the anus containing one’s soul. The gensokyo kappa have made machines to extract them and Nitori even uses them as danmaku. Aya and Hatate both says they smell really bad.
7. Marisa takes pride in being the second best youkai exterminator
6. Flandre isn’t very good at holding a conversation
5. Shiki Eiki was originally a ksitigarbha statue, before recieving enough faith to be promoted to Yamahood.
Suwako laughs like a frog.
3. Sumireko occasionally hangs out with Mamizou in the outside world.
2. For youkai, the Orion constellation is just Suika.
1. Kasen once killed a baby/would-be dragon and fed it’s liver to her older dragon.
The Bright Young Things […] was a nickname given by the tabloid press to a group of bohemian young aristocrats and socialites in 1920s London. They threw elaborate fancy dress parties, went on elaborate treasure hunts through nighttime London, drank heavily and used drugs—all of which was enthusiastically covered by journalists such as Tom Driberg.
Is the mention of the Bright Young Things here a reference to Sherlock Holmes’ bohemian side: drugs, music, ‘moods’ - that ACD describes?
Let it also be noted that one feature of the Bright Young Things that made them both fascinating and a source for gossip and scandal was their sexual ambiguity and sexual experimentation: many men and women in this circle conducted same-sex relationships (at least for a while).
So, we have Stamford talk about Bright Young Things at Bart’s - and in the next scene, John meets Sherlock there.
I leave you to your deductions…
Ok, I can’t - take a look at Stephen Tennant and tell me this did not influence how Sherlock was portrayed in the BBC version… fight me!
10 Touhou canon things that you may or may not know
10. Kyouko and Mystia has a Punk-Rock band called “Choujuu Gigaku” (Dance of Bird and Beast)
9. Akyuu is a fan of said Punk-Rock
8. Kosuzu and Marisa speaks perfect Engrish
7. Mamizou once caused an incident because she was butthurt by the Tengu
6. When Memorizable Gensokyo came out late 2006 Akyuu says she’s only a bit over ten years old. About ten years later she says she only has about ten years left to live. Being a child of Miare, Akyuu might just die in about ten years depending on if ZUN wants to pull off a George R.R. Martin or not.
5. Reimu and “cute” does not go hand in hand
4. Shinigamis doesn’t actually take lives
3. Yukari physically abuses Ran with her parasol if she disobeys her
2. While being captive on the moon, the Watatsuki sisters forced Reimu to dance in order to summon gods. The rabbits thought she was performing and threw coins at her. Reimu being herself obviously tried to pick these up.
1. The three fairies once tried to trick Reimu into walking into a river, but a fish jumped up and acted as a bridge