How can I stop being shy? My class doesn't like me because I'm too quiet. Also, I speak lower. What can I do?
- Gain confidence! I’m sure you’re beautiful and you only need a little push! Thinking about what you want to change it and why. But don’t waste your time comparing yourself to others, because we’re all different and will make you feel like an outsider.
- Be approachable! Watch out your body language (put a smile on your face and make yourself comfortable. Body language can say a lot about yourself even when you don’t even speak.
- Find activities that you like & meet people! There are a lot of people that have the same interests as you. You can also ask your friends to introduce you to new people and you don’t have to worry about being “alone”.
- Speak to the mirror! It’s silly, but it works. Imagine yourself talking to someone in front of your mirror. You can train your smile and make it more approachable. Also, you don’t feel like there are people judging you and you can control anxiety. It’s a good training to speak higher.
- Be nice & give some compliments! Everyone wants a friend who is nice and always gives sincere compliments. Also, it’s a good way to start a conversation, because people feel like an instant connection.
- There’s no need to rush! You won’t be talking higher or have overcome your shyness tomorrow or the next day. You need to think that a small step is going to make a difference in the future.