Rogue One Coffee Shop!Au
(blame @heliophobicsoul, who came up with the good ones on here)
- Cassian Andor helps run the political campaign for Leia Organa’s senate run, and since he works 24/7 he needs good coffee and good coffee is definitely plentiful at Rogue One coffee.
- Jyn Erso is the surly barista whose coffee skills are thankfully good enough to deal with her glares and bad customer
- Baze Malbus is the chef in the back. He’s also surly but thankfully he rarely interacts with customers
- Chirrut Îmwe is a regular and definitely the favorite regular they all have, even though he’s constantly making up horoscope posts to all the customers and workers.
- Bodhi Rook is the owner of the shop and probably the most Sunshine worker there.
- When Cassian visits there for the first five times, Jyn keeps giving him the wrong name (one of her favorite games to play) like Cassandra, Cassie, Caesura etc until (on a really bad day of his) he snaps and says his name is “CASSIAN GODDAMNIT”
- From them on, Jyn writes his name as “cASSian” but she does it with a smile and Cassian takes that as enough of a victory (x)
- Baze (mr. Black Coffee) always take the care to make sure that Chirrut’s ridiculous, sugary order is exactly how he likes it. (x)
- Cassian’s coworker Kaytoo visits Rogue One Coffee exactly one (1) time and then decides he wants his coffee “without nonsense.” But he does always ask Cassian to grab him a muffin from the bakery section.
- Bodhi always tries to make new drink concoctions and force customers to try them (x) and the only one who’s always willing is Luke Skywalker, a student over at the university.
- Whenever Chirrut is getting too pushy, Baze calls from the kitchen for him to knock it off and Chirrut always says, “You only hate this because you’re a Scorpio, stop being negative”
- When Leia tries the coffeeshop (at Cassian’s behest), she Instagrams it and it becomes a massively popular spot for like six months straight.
- When Cassian and Leia come in together a couple weeks later, Jyn thinks they’re dating and she gets even surlier (and also goes back to writing “cassandra” on Cassian’s cup and “lilo” on Leia’s)
- One day, Chirrut stays as Baze is closing up the shop and kisses him and they become like the OTP of Rogue One Coffee.
- Bodhi and Luke keep flirting but they both can’t seem to spit out their feelings until Jyn throws a (thankfully empty) coffee cup at Luke that’s says “HE’S INTO YOU ASK HIM OUT - sincerely everyone” and they finally start dating.
- Kaytoo comes into the shop one day, dragging Cassian by the sleeve, and demands Jyn and Cassian to end their sexual tension “because it is honestly sickening.” Cassian gets all cute and awkward and asks Jyn for their number and in the back of the shop you can just hear Baze going “fucking finally”
EDIT: NOW WITH FIC! thanks again Savannah you’re a gift.