(in case you don’t want to read the entire thing)
On Marvel’s stinginess –
“ .. One reason why The Avengers was nominated for only one Oscar – Best Visual Effects – in the 85th Academy Awards contest was because Marvel refused to pay for an awards season campaign for the picture. And even when Disney offered to foot the bill, Marvel still wouldn’t budge.”
On Marvel (already) threatening to recast –
“I’ve learned Marvel already has threatened to sue or recast when contracts and/or options are challenged. That prompted a few cast members to respond, ‘Go ahead.’”
- Only Chris Evans is actually signed on for Avengers 2 (part of his Winter Soldier deal)
- Marvel will only give a $500K bonus and onlyif the film reaches $500M.
- Marvel refuses to pay Chris Hemsworth more for than what he got from Snow White and the Huntsman. Hemsworth was also happier with the treatment that he gets from Universal (which produced that film).
- Disney bosses Bob Iger and Alan Horn are scared of Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter, who also happens to be Disney’s third-biggest shareholder.
- None of the cast members had ever talked to Perlmutter, not even RDJ.
- Joss Whedon has a contract with Marvel/Disney worth $100M that includes consultation work among other film/TV deals.